aberdeen-music

Comedians

• 2 months later...
Yeah I agree, he's a legend. Saw him wearing a Cephalic Carnage shirt one time. And coming on to Slayer... win.

EDIT: Probably should rephrase "coming on to Slayer"...

Speaking of coming on to Slayer, his take on homophobia/homosexuality at the end of this video had me crying with laughter....

YouTube - Mintys Comedian Of The Month September 2007 - Steve Hughes

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Michael McIntyre has been on Top Gear for about 3 seconds, he's managed to fit in about 32686186976579863984602607864082656032 words, and I want him to shut up. Does he actually have jokes, or does he just talk quickly and end sentences with an odd inflection?

Michael McIntyre has been on Top Gear for about 3 seconds, he's managed to fit in about 32686186976579863984602607864082656032 words, and I want him to shut up. Does he actually have jokes, or does he just talk quickly and end sentences with an odd inflection?

You'd rather hear Jeremy Clarkson speak?! o_O

This year's proving to be a bit of a comedy year for us, so far got tickets for:

Billy Connolly

Stewart Lee

Dave Gorman

Eddie Izzard

Bill Bailey

though they'll have to go some to beat being at the recording of I'm Sorry I Havent a Clue at Newcastle with Rob Brydon as Chairman, and the teams of Barry Cryer, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden and Phil Jupitus, that was truly hilarious, being broadcast this month I think.

Bought tickets to see Rhys Darby, Stewart Lee and David O'Doherty in Edinburgh this festival-time. Also want to see Paul Foot, Trevor Lock, Richard Herring and Kristen Schaal.

So stupidly excited about Stewart Lee. I've been re-watching This Morning With Richard Not Judy on a loop to tide me over 'til August. [/nerd] Really wanna see him here in November too, but can't afford tickets at the moment. O woe.

OH! And I think I've said this somewhere already (possibly here, a few pages back) but I used to be fairly... violently opposed to Michael McIntyre 'cos he seemed really thick and often offensive on Mock the Week and stuff, but I ended up watching his dvd around christmas time and I did laugh a lot. I felt so dirty, but I've upgraded him from "GAH! NO!" to "Tolerable".

You'd rather hear Jeremy Clarkson speak?! o_O

Um, Clarkson's funny, unless you happen to be a truck driver. Or Welsh. Or James May. Or Catholic. Or whoever he happens to be offending at the time.

I'd rather sit through a dvd of John Major's 50 Most Boring Speeches than listen to McIntyre for even a second.

Bought tickets to see Rhys Darby, Stewart Lee and David O'Doherty in Edinburgh this festival-time. Also want to see Paul Foot, Trevor Lock, Richard Herring and Kristen Schaal.

So stupidly excited about Stewart Lee. I've been re-watching This Morning With Richard Not Judy on a loop to tide me over 'til August. [/nerd] Really wanna see him here in November too, but can't afford tickets at the moment. O woe.

OH! And I think I've said this somewhere already (possibly here, a few pages back) but I used to be fairly... violently opposed to Michael McIntyre 'cos he seemed really thick and often offensive on Mock the Week and stuff, but I ended up watching his dvd around christmas time and I did laugh a lot. I felt so dirty, but I've upgraded him from "GAH! NO!" to "Tolerable".

Have seen Richard Herring a few times but never Stewart Lee so I'm looking forward to his Aberdeen date.

My favorite lee and Herring is the Lionel Nimrod radio stuff - very funny.,

Um, Clarkson's funny, unless you happen to be a truck driver. Or Welsh. Or James May. Or Catholic. Or whoever he happens to be offending at the time.

I am none of those things and I hate him!

Haven't had the same relationship with my Dad since I found "The World According to Clarkson" in his bookshelf.

I like Michael Macintyre although can totally understand how he would get on your tits if you didn't......kinda like Clarkson.