aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Haha. I just hated him for 3/4 of the season. I just couldn't stand seeing the ball baloon away from him with his 'bouncy-castle' first touch. He's put in a few shifts the past few weeks though and done a fairly good job, so fair play to him. I still think he's garbage though. I'd rather see that adorbale Rafael at right back. What an awesome little scamp.

i'd imagine hearts will play with everyone behind the ball but 3rd place is still worth fighting for so dundee utd should attack. saves them having to go through that extra qualifying round.

You are correct. I reckon United will still want 3rd place, the less qualifying rounds the better to make the Europa League, given the history of Scottish teams in Europe. The money generated when u qualify as well will be a big enough incentive to go for the win. Hearts aren't playing well at the moment so United will be up for it, they'll probably be quietly confident in taking something off Rangers in the last day day of the season as well, decent record against them of late.

wigan taking on man utd tonight, cant see anything else but a united win as wigan have one eye on their hols. still stranger things have happened.

still 4 days till i go to wembley, this week couldnt drag any slower if it tried!

Van Gaal confirmed as FC Bayern manager, would've preferred Martin Jol to be honest but we'll see what next season holds. Still in with a shout in for the league this season, equal points with only 2 goals less on goal difference than VFL Wolfsburg with 2 games to play against Hoffenheim and Stuttgart.

I would write a big rant about linesmen and the fact I thought there was a perfectly good goal chopped off at Easter Road tonight. However... first half performance was totally unacceptable and Novo's finishing in the second... lost for words. Here's hoping for a miracle.

I would write a big rant about linesmen and the fact I thought there was a perfectly good goal chopped off at Easter Road tonight. However... first half performance was totally unacceptable and Novo's finishing in the second... lost for words. Here's hoping for a miracle.

No way, the whole ball wasn't over the line. And there were atleast 2 fouls in the build up to the rangers goal.

Apart from that, can't complain. Too much under the cosh in the second half, but defended quite well. Can't believe deeks missed that one in the second half though, if anyone in scotland were to finish that, it would be him. Except then. When he didn't. Ofcourse.

Also rangers are pish.

If you're a hibs fan, the ball wasn't over, if you're a rangers fan, the ball totally bloody was over the sodding line. :p

However, I agree with Jeanette, first half it didn't look like we were playing for anything and I can't believe that FUD Novo missing two sitters like that. Argh argh argh.

wigan taking on man utd tonight, cant see anything else but a united win as wigan have one eye on their hols. still stranger things have happened.

still 4 days till i go to wembley, this week couldnt drag any slower if it tried!

Wigan were ace last night. Valencia is so good. He needs to stop stiff arming people off the ball or he's probably gonna get pulled back at some point, but other than that, he is so strong and quick. Great delivery. They'll lose him this summer which is a shame.

God, I fucking hate Andy Gray though. "Believe me, Anderson will not be comfortable playing left wing for the reaminder of the half". So, tell me Andy. What position did Anderson play for Porto? That's right. Please don't talk about non-Premier League football, Andy, because you just don't know anything about it.

John O'Shea assisted yet another goal. My hate for him is becoming very unjustified.

Haha, I wouldn't neccesarily call them my guys. They are just on telly more than anyone else :up: much more than my beloved Wednesday who probably grace the screens of Sky Sports 3 twice a season. Although, if dirty, dirty Sheffield United cheat their way into the Premier League this week, then there'll be no Sheffield derby, and we probably won't be on telly at all, ever again.

I like to watch Manyoo in the same way I did when I saw Space Jam for the first time. I would like to see them win in the most ridiculous way possible, but it doesn't matter if they don't.

Wigan were great last night and were only beaten by tactical brilliance from SAF. He realised Berbatov was drifting leaving noone up front, tried to push Ronaldo forward to fill the gap and get in behind, sensed he was having an off day and getting frustrated therefore less likely to score so whacked on terrier Tevez and booyah. Not a man u fan at all, would have liked Wigan to steal it, but hats off to surralex.

I'm possibly stepping on well trodden ground but, what do folk think of Berbatov? Personally I think he is a valuable asset to the team when he plays. People say he's lazy but to my mind he uses his energy very efficiently and takes up good positions long before most players would have even spotted them. He rarely gives the ball away and can split defences with a killer pass at will. I reckon next season he could be dynamite when he finds his shootin boots.

I'm possibly stepping on well trodden ground but, what do folk think of Berbatov? Personally I think he is a valuable asset to the team when he plays. People say he's lazy but to my mind he uses his energy very efficiently and takes up good positions long before most players would have even spotted them. He rarely gives the ball away and can split defences with a killer pass at will. I reckon next season he could be dynamite when he finds his shootin boots.

He's lost his legs a bit the past year or so. Really lacking the pace he had at spurs a few years back. He seems to drift out of position too much and doesn't have the pace to get back. He really needs to poach around like Van Nistelrooy did for United instead of trying to drift from box to box like a slower Tevez. He needs to always be in the box when a cross comes in and he rarely is.

The stats are agains Tevez, but stats don't show thing like momentum. He just has a huge effect on the game. He comes on and everything just drives forward and there's such a huge urgency. He wins back the ball in such dangerous positions and really keeps the pressure on in the oppositions own half.

He's not a prolific goal scorer because he's not an out and out striker but it's where he gets played. He's more suited to the traditional no. 10 position. A centre forward rather than a striker, which the south Americans are so good at implementing. He needs to sit behind the front line, winning the ball between the two penalty areas and creating chances. He doesn't have Berbatovs quick decision making in the box, nor his composure. Tevez is at his best outside of the box with a bit of time on the ball and space to move. That's when he can take a touch and smash it, thread it through or drift wide. If he sat behind Berbatov, Berbatov would have no need to drift as far back as he does, and can remain a poacher, which is what he does best.

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Simples...

Every club outside the gruesome twosome need every penny they can get to stay afloat. I'll gladly pay that extra 6p or so for my shite ICT pie, if I know it is going to my club or local businesses.

That Celtic fan should be more worried that his team has a war criminal for a chairman methinks :up: