aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Lords of Dogtown - thought it was fucking ace. can see it not appealing to people that don't care much about Skateboarding or surfing though. Still an ace film about childhood friendships getting ruined.

Good call. Have you seen 'Dogtown and Z-Boys'? A documentary about the Zephyr guys who were the subject of 'Lords of Dogtown' and it is also great.

Milk Been meaning to watch this for a while, and I wasn't disappointed. Great performance from Sean Penn in the title role. I was disappointed when Mickey Rourke lost out on the best actor Oscar, but having now seen Milk, it was probably the correct decision.

Excellent realistic 70s feel to the way it was shot as well, and made good use of vintage news footage.

I thought this movie was amazing. Really engaging and Penn was superb. I saw it on a crappy small screen on the way to San Francisco and it still blew me away. It was also great to catch a teasing glimpse of the city I was headed to. They captured the feel and atmosphere of the place really well.

I got my copy of "The Life Aquatic" and it was just as good as I remembered. Started watching Superbad and, I have to admit, I wasn't a fan the first time I watched it but most surely am now.

Lords of Dogtown - thought it was fucking ace. can see it not appealing to people that don't care much about Skateboarding or surfing though. Still an ace film about childhood friendships getting ruined.

Agreed, it's awesome. Brilliant cover of The Clash's 'Death or Glory' by Social Distortion playing at the end credits too...Emile Hirsch is brilliant innit.

The Strangers Stylishly filmed yet entirely predictable dumb slasher movie. Probably a good one if you like that sort of thing. I don't :down:

This was based on true events...yeah...true events which were not known in full.......hmm how can it be based on something they have no idea what happened....needless to say I didn't like it. The last house on the left is better :)

I watched Miss March yesterday, a bit like a road trip/american pie type film. Was quite funny in parts, ok sunday afternoon viewing with no effort!

Agreed, it's awesome. Brilliant cover of The Clash's 'Death or Glory' by Social Distortion playing at the end credits too...Emile Hirsch is brilliant innit.
I remember that not being too bad, however Rise Against's cover of Nervous Breakdown was fucking terrible. Mainly cos of the vocals.

I watched The Mist last night, which is an adaption of a Stephen King short story. In short, a guy and his kid go to a supermarket and while they are in there a mist descends, which is full of monsters. The film follows the people in the supermarket trying to figure out what to do.

For the first 45 minutes or so I was really unimpressed. It was all paper-thin characters, shit dialogue and hokey CGI. And it seemed to be lit and filmed really weird, it looked more like an episode of a TV show than a blockbuster movie - definitely more The Langoliers than The Shawshank Redemption.

However it really comes alive in the second half. It turned into a genuinely creepy horror movie, without ever having to rely on cheap scares, like things jumping out, and it's really gripping, edge-of-the-seat stuff that really has your nerves jangling. It also serves as a pretty good commentary on just how primal humans can become when you scare the shit out of them and take away electricty, communication, emergency services etc, and how easily they can be led. The people inside the supermarket are almost as scary as the monsters outside.

The lead character was a real everyman, just a normal guy trying to keep his son safe. The whole film was simply centered around normal people trying to survive a disaster, there was no heroics, or saving the world nonsense, which was actually quite good.

Then you get to the ending. Holy shit. Absolutely jaw dropping. Allegedly, Frank Darabont touted the film around loads of studios and all of agreed to let him make the film but only if he would chnage the ending. In the end he went with Weinstein for half the budget he'd been offered elsewhere, because they were the only company that would let him film the ending he wanted. Although the film suffers from it's low budget in places, he definitely made the right decision.

Have a look at this one.... if you dare!

Watched The Motorcycle Diaries last night with Che Guevara's journey up south america in his younger days. What a film, very touching, quite emtional and sad, you can certainly see where he got his calling in life. It was just short of 2hrs and I just wanted to watch more - thumb most certainly up!

Brad Pitt is actual class in the movie, as the fitness obsessed moron.

I've long thought that Brad Pitt is great if he finds the right movie - Fight Club, True Romance, Johnny Suede, Snatch, Burn After Reading. I'm actually looking forward to Inglorious Basterds as I'm sure he is going to be one of the better things in it...

I've long thought that Brad Pitt is great if he finds the right movie - Fight Club, True Romance, Johnny Suede, Snatch, Burn After Reading. I'm actually looking forward to Inglorious Basterds as I'm sure he is going to be one of the better things in it...

If the trailer is anything to go by he could be pretty amazing in it. He's great in all the films you've listed there.

I watched 'Galaxy Quest' last night after seeing it recommended somewhere and it co-incidentally being hyper cheap on Play.com. I'd never fancied it but it was actually quite good and loads of early roles to spot - Dwight from The Office (American) and Ted from Scrubs both played aliens. As did some bird that popped up in Friends once, think it was the episode when Ross gets his teeth whitened and goes on a date with a bird who has a black light in her living room so making his teeth brighter than the sun.

And Sigourney Weaver had a great push up bra on near the end (probably there all the way through actually but it becomes more visible near the end).

8/10.

If the trailer is anything to go by he could be pretty amazing in it. He's great in all the films you've listed there.

I'd like to add Mr and Mrs Smith to my list. But that may be as much due to Angelina looking uber-hot throughout. I'm sure he has other movies that I really like as well but I've gone blank.

I'd like to add Mr and Mrs Smith to my list. But that may be as much due to Angelina looking uber-hot throughout. I'm sure he has other movies that I really like as well but I've gone blank.

Twelve Monkeys, Seven, Kalifornia, Sleepers, Interview With The Vampire, Babel and The Assassination of Jesse James...

The man is totally underrated as an actor.

Twelve Monkeys, Seven, Kalifornia, Sleepers, Interview With The Vampire, Babel and The Assassination of Jesse James...

The man is totally underrated as an actor.

Seven!!! How did I forget that...wasn't keen on Sleepers as a film at all, the others mentioned I totally agree with except Jesse James, I have it at home but haven't watched yet....Babel was a great film....