aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Regarding Tarantino's war film, 'Kelly's Heroes' is ace despite featuring Donald Sutherland as a hippy some 20 years before they were invented so who cares about historical accuracy. Blow shit up with snappy dialogue that's my opinion.

Yup[, Kelly's Heroes was ace. But it was Where Eagles Dare that Tarantino mentioned. :)

Yup[, Kelly's Heroes was ace. But it was Where Eagles Dare that Tarantino mentioned. :)

I know. I wasn't speaking about what film Tarantino mentioned in a documentary you spoke about, I was speaking about how historical accuracy is not necessarily a pre-requisite of an enjoyable war film.

Do some folk on here just sit itching all day for a minor nit-pick? :down:

I know. I wasn't speaking about what film Tarantino mentioned in a documentary you spoke about, I was speaking about how historical accuracy is not necessarily a pre-requisite of an enjoyable war film.

Do some folk on here just sit itching all day for a minor nit-pick? :down:

Chill the fuck out, just mentioned it because my post had been regarding a Clint Eastwood war film from 1968 directed by Brian G Hutton and then out of the blue you mentioned a Clint Eastwood war film from 1970 directed by Brian G Hutton, thought it might have been possible that you got them mixed up, no need to be a cock about it.

Chill the fuck out, just mentioned it because my post had been regarding a Clint Eastwood war film from 1968 directed by Brian G Hutton and then out of the blue you mentioned a Clint Eastwood war film from 1970 directed by Brian G Hutton, thought it might have been possible that you got them mixed up, no need to be a cock about it.

I'm chilled dude, youre the one blowing a fuse. I'm afraid my knowledge of the directors of Clint Eastwood's films is far less than yours.I only really quoted your original post to advise you on the comic value of the Billy Bob thread, unfortunately I then had an amble into other topics unrelated to your postbad forum etiquette giving rise to confusion obviously.

Guest treader.
i watched kidulthood, and only understoof about 30% of the dialogue

Kidulthood is shite. Basically a film starring a bunch of dicks, playing a bunch of dicks being dicks. Rubbish movie and not as "true to life" as everyone seems to think.

Films I've watched recently - in order of how much I liked them.

Changeling - top notch. Angelina Jolie is searching for her son who's gone missing and the corrupt police send her a different kid and try to convince her it's her son. When she challenges them they throw her in an asylum. It's a really good story, a bit weepy in places, but it really grips you and holds your attention. Typical Clint Eastwod really. The only downpoint is Angelina Jolie, she just doesn't look like a real person, and she doesn't really do much acting except shouting "Where is my son?!" a lot. Still, great film.

Thumps Up.

King of Kong - a strange little documentary about people who play competitve retro games, and a guy trying to beat a 25 year old world record at Donkey Kong. Only he finds that the authorities won't recognise his achievements because they are completely up the arse of the guy that set the score 25 years previous. They'll bend the rules let the previous champ keep his score and make up new rules to disqualify the new high score champion. It sounds ridiculous, but it's real edge of the seat stuff and you'' find yourself hating the "Gamer Of The Century" Billy Mitchell who along with his minions, does everything he can to protect his high scores. Unmissable.

Thumps up.

W. - About George W Bush. It's a story of his life, but very unbelievable. George is shown as a beer swilling, horse riding roughneck good ole boy in his earlier years, and is shown later as president making all his decisions trying to win his father's approval. It misses out key moments, like his drink driving arrest, his rigging the election and his reaction to 9/11 - there's a lot about the second Gulf War and the reasons why America invaded Iraq. It's basically two hours of Oliver Stone saying "WAR = BAD". Treat it like a film and you'll enjoy, because it's not an accurate portrayal of the truth.

Thumbs up.

The Devils Rejects - Fun fun fun. It's a total no-brainer, but the dialogue sparkles and the cinematography is brilliant. The ultra cool anti-hero baddies, and the littering of pop-culture references bear a striking resemblance to Tarantino's body of work, and this road movie is much better than Tarantino's effort "Death Proof". Plus the ending is genius.

Thumbs up.

The Magdalene Sisters - nuns are evil! This is a really good story about young girls being abused in convents across Ireland in the 50s. Enjoyed it very much.

Thumbs up.

Halloween (2007 Rob Zombie remake) - adding Michael Myers back story from childhood to becoming a mute, masked psychopath was a great idea. Giving him far too much screen time at the end was not. What made Michael Myers so scary in the the originals was that no matter where Laurie went and hid, he was just THERE - in this one we see him tearing the house apart trying to find her, which ruins the whole supernatural element of Michael Myers, and just turns him into a tall guy in a mask.

Thumbs middle.

The Accidental Husband - girlfriends choice. Not entirely vapid but not far off. Uma Thurman plays a love therapist who has a radio show and preaches that women should only settle down with safe, reliable men who can provide for them. Then she meets a hunky, blue-collar New York fireman. Can you guess the rest?

Thumbs middle

Lars & The Real Girl - heard a lot about this film and was very disappointed with it. The lead character is an utter unlikeable twat, a fatal flaw in any movie. The "heart warming" tale about how the community accepted his delusions and carried on the fantasy that his sex doll was real to try and save him is mawkish and tries too hard to tug at the heart strings. We're also expected to believe that the townspeople accepted the sex doll as part of the community and felt an emotional connection with her, - this would be hard enough to believe if it were shown on screen, but isn't, we're just expected to believe it. Most of the time I was in disbelief, the rest of the time I was just bored. Craptastic.

Thumbs down

Recently...

The Happening -shite. M Night Shylaman has gone really downhill in the last few yaers. And I FUCKING HATE Marky-Mark. I can only think of one film he's even vaguely good in - 'I Heart Huckabees'

Eden Log - French Sci-Fi film about a guy who wakes up with no memory in a bizarre bio-mechanical power station thingie. Entertaining enough but a bit weird - nice visuals.

The Dark Knight - finally got round to buying the DVD, still holds up as awesome.

Recently...

The Happening -shite. M Night Shylaman has gone really downhill in the last few yaers. And I FUCKING HATE Marky-Mark. I can only think of one film he's even vaguely good in - 'I Heart Huckabees'

The Departed

Boogie Nights

Upcoming film version of the Lovely Bones looks promising as well.