aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

The Nightmare On Elm Street remake. Pretty much the same as all the other Michael Bay produced remakes, and did ironically make me nod off a wee bit. There were some alright jumpy bits though, and Freddy's new paedo based puns raised a bit of a LOL

Is it out yet or was this a dodgy version?

Four Lions. Haven't laughed in the cinema so much in a long time. Hilarious stuff; Chris Morris always delivers.

Could've done without the stuffy bint at the back of the screen giving running commentary when something a bit controversial happened, though. If you were the annoying wench sitting a few rows back from me in the 9:10pm showing of Four Lions at Union Square tonight, know that I'm going to cut you.

Four Lions. Haven't laughed in the cinema so much in a long time. Hilarious stuff; Chris Morris always delivers.

Could've done without the stuffy bint at the back of the screen giving running commentary when something a bit controversial happened, though. If you were the annoying wench sitting a few rows back from me in the 9:10pm showing of Four Lions at Union Square tonight, know that I'm going to cut you.

This is also my review. :up:

hey Danny Dyer, welcome to Ab-Music. You're a bit shit. :up:

This is also my review. :up:

Man-date?

The Nightmare On Elm Street remake. Pretty much the same as all the other Michael Bay produced remakes, and did ironically make me nod off a wee bit. There were some alright jumpy bits though, and Freddy's new paedo based puns raised a bit of a LOL

It's awful. I was very disappointed.

Is Switchblade Romance the film with the staircase and chest thing? If so, it's pretty gash!

Recent films have been...

Beast Cops: Carbon copy of about 100 better Asian cop flicks, nothing new or good - 3.5/10

Redbelt: Film about martial arts instructor with no real fighting. Solid drama though - 5/10

The Ghost (Writer): Polanski's back on form. Top notch political thriller, awesome final scene - 7/10

Nathalie: Just been re-made as Chloe with Liam Neeson, better improve on boring original! - 2/10

The Good, The Bad, The Weird: Action-packed Asian adventure. Great fun - 8.5/10

Hot Tub Time Machine: Exactly how you expect a film with that name to be. Met expectations, quite funny - 6/10

Four Lions: Wasn't mad crazy about this. Absolutely shafted by seeing best bits in advert - 4/10

Three Kingdoms: Boring Chinese history lesson. Too epic and sentimental. Bit botched - 2/10

Hamlet 2: Funny in parts but a bit of a let down overall. Coogan keeps getting his ass out, lame - 4/10

12 Rounds: Unashamed mindless action romp, John Cena's actually alright to watch. No Die Hard though - 6/10

Full reviews here

Hot Tub Time Machine: Exactly how you expect a film with that name to be. Met expectations, quite funny - 6/10

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. The cast looks quite promising, and I like Clark Duke for some reason, even though he obviously sucks and can't act.

Three Kingdoms: Boring Chinese history lesson. Too epic and sentimental. Bit botched - 2/10

See also:

Mongol.

12 Rounds: Unashamed mindless action romp, John Cena's actually alright to watch. No Die Hard though - 6/10

He must have got better since "The Marine" then, he was murder in that shit-pie.

'Switchblade Romance' was ace.

Recently I have watched -

Max Payne

Mark Wahlberg plays a Punisher type, looking for revenge for his wife and kids. Mark Wahlberg should stick to what he is good at, i.e. being part of a bigger ensemble piece, anything he stars in is generally gash, i.e. The Happening. What the fuck was that about? Malevolent trees? Oh.

5/10.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Ace 70's Clint Eastwood Western. 9/10.

'Switchblade Romance' was ace.

Recently I have watched -

Max Payne

Mark Wahlberg plays a Punisher type, looking for revenge for his wife and kids. Mark Wahlberg should stick to what he is good at, i.e. being part of a bigger ensemble piece, anything he stars in is generally gash, i.e. The Happening. What the fuck was that about? Malevolent trees? Oh.

5/10.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Ace 70's Clint Eastwood Western. 9/10.

To be fair, I thought that Shooter was pretty good. Wahlberg was no bad in that.

Just finished watching Inglorious Basterds for the 2nd time.

Anything that involves seeing Hitler's face essentially getting vapourised gets my vote. Didn't notice until my 2nd viewing that it was Samuel L Jackson providing the commentary in between the "chapters".

6.5/10

Now watching True Lies for the umpteenth time. Classic bullshit Arnie. Got to say the Jamie Lee Curtis dance scene always gets me pitching a 9 person tent.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. The cast looks quite promising, and I like Clark Duke for some reason, even though he obviously sucks and can't act.

Yea, like I say, it's exactly what you'd expect the film to be. Pretty much a mix of American Pie, High Fidelity, Back to the Future, The Hangover... Not bad.

See also:

Mongol.

Have you seen Red Cliff? Apparently it's the best of that bunch. Assembly's the best Chinese battle film I've seen in yonks.

He must have got better since "The Marine" then, he was murder in that shit-pie.

Not seen the Marine but it's apparently an astronomical leap up for him. I'd put Cena in the same league as JCVD / Seagal now after this... some really bad one-liners though.