aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I haven't seen any of Pegg's latest films. Last I saw was Hot Fuzz, and before that it was Shaun. Never bothered with the ones where he pretends to be American and whatnot. Though Run Fatboy Run has Hank Azaria in it, right? He's the man.

It's better than Run Fatboy Run. It's really really quite good. Quite smart too.

Speed - First time ever seeing this. My girlfriend looked like she was disgusted when I told her I hadn't seen it before. Anyway, pretty decent action movie with pretty decent action. Keanu Reeve's serious acting almost seems like he can't act at times. And that jump the bus makes made me lose faith. But overall I enjoyed it. Definitely better than the 2nd one.

***1/2

The Other Guys

Not as good as I hoped. Great cast and it was definitely funny. There was some genuine LOL moments but it wasn't consistent enough. Still good to see some kind of return to form for Will Ferrell.

I kept looking at Michael Keaton thinking "you used to be Batman"...

Speed - First time ever seeing this. My girlfriend looked like she was disgusted when I told her I hadn't seen it before. Anyway, pretty decent action movie with pretty decent action. Keanu Reeve's serious acting almost seems like he can't act at times. And that jump the bus makes made me lose faith. But overall I enjoyed it. Definitely better than the 2nd one.

***1/2

Until now you had seen Speed 2 but not the first one o_O

It's like speed 2 but on a bus instead of a boat!

***1/2

To this day, Speed 2 is the only film I have ever walked out on in the cinema. I still do not know, nor care, how it ended.

The first one is teckle though, especially Hopper. Don't fuck with daddy!

The Social Network

I was a bit skeptical about watching a film based on social networking but I ended up watching again because quite frankly it was a really good flick. It chronicles the becoming of the Worlds youngest billionaire (although this isn't entirely true). Between the lawsuits it tells the story of how Facebook was born, who he screwed over to make it and the work gone into making the site what it is.

5/5 for me.

The boat crashed and they all died, except the bad guy who got away.

Although I suspect this isn't true, I'm going to believe it anyway. The mental image of Jason Patrick being disembowled by an errant bit of pipe in the engine room should keep me going through a long day at work...

Night At The Musuem 2 - Jumped the shark pretty early on, not as good as the first one. Like X-Men 3, far too many new characters and not enough time to develop them. Not enough Steve Coogan / Owen Wilson who were the highlights of the first one.

A Mighty Wind - Funny mockumentary from the folks behind This Is Spinal Tap. Not as funny as Spinal Tap, but funnier than Best In Show.

Rocky Balboa - A lot better than I remember. Beats the shit out of Rocky 5 that's for sure.

Tyson - A documentary about the rapey ex-boxing champ, Tyson's life story as told by Tyson. A fascinating glimpse into his mind and a lot of great archive footage of his fights.

Night At The Musuem 2 - Jumped the shark pretty early on, not as good as the first one.

A Mighty Wind - Funny mockumentary from the folks behind This Is Spinal Tap. Not as funny as Spinal Tap, but funnier than Best In Show.

Rocky Balboa - A lot better than I remember. Beats the shit out of Rocky 5 that's for sure.

Tyson - A documentary about the rapey ex-boxing champ, Tyson's life story as told by Tyson. A fascinating glimpse into his mind and a lot of great archive footage of his fights.

HEY, Wha' happen'!?!?

The Social Network

Hmm. It was well written with great dialogue (which you'd expect from Aaron Sorkin) but every character in it is a prick. It's made worse because you know in advance that the company is a massive success and they all get stinking rich off it.

The coding scenes were a joke as well.

Confessions: Japanese school revenge thriller. Kind of unusual but ultimately a bit too clever by half. A bit like the Radiohead music that proliferates on the soundtrack. Sort of like Heathers only without the humour and a rather over the top plot. On the whole not as good as Confessions of a Window Cleaner.

The weekend watches were....

Saw : The Final Chapter 3D (Extreme Edidition wowee!)

I saw Saw1* and missed all the other sequels, but I guess if you've Saw 1 you've saw them all. Has some pretty inventive ways of killing obnoxious characters. 5/10

Sportsound Scotland would be proud of my grammar :up:

A Haunting in Connecticut

Loosely based on fact, this fillum does what it says on the tin. It's about a family being haunted...in Connecticut. Well enough acted and has one REAL jump out your seat moment. 6/10

Machete

My partner bailed out on this one after 30mins saying that it was a "blokes movie". I bailed out near the end adding that it was a "teenage blokes movie". Machete isn't completely rank, but the comic book violence all been done to death - and done better - in Sin City, Kill Bill etc. Danny Trejo is a great character actor, but doesn't cut it as a lead. Jessica Alba and Lindsey Lohan get their lungs out. 3/10

Unthinkable

A psychological thriller centered around a black-ops interrogator and an FBI agent who press a suspect terrorist into divulging the location of three nuclear weapons set to detonate in the U.S (synopsis courtesy of IMDB). Michael Sheen plays the terrorist, Carrie-Anne Moss is the moralistic FBI agent and SLJ plays the interrogator who is seemingly prepared to do the "Unthinkable" to get a result. Some brutal torture scenes and shocking developments that you don't see coming. 8/10