aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Little Shop Of Horrors - The 1986 version. Utterly brilliant. Top 80s cast including Rick Moranis, Steve Martin, John Candy, Bill Murray, James Belushi, Christopher Guest. Brilliantly kitsch and awesome songs.

Love it too. Especially the soundtrack. "Shab-boo I was just walking down the street Boo-Sha-doo" :up:

This is one of my favourite films, largely on the basis that it is completely batshit mental.

I mean, what the hell was that interrogfation scene with the guy in the cowboy hat all about???!

Brilliant anyway.

Yeah the big black dude in the jockstrap? Fuck knows. I thought I had missed something when it had got to the end with no real resolution but it seems not. A bit of subsequent on-line research indicates that there may have been about 40 minutes cut out along the way which kind of explains the disjointed nature of it. It certainly must rank as Pacino's most off the wall film...

Book of Eli

Or Fallout: The Movie as it should be called. Good film ruined by religion to be honest. The most interesting bit was afterwards when I looked up Mila Kunis as her voice, not her face, was bugging the fuck out of me. I knew I'd heard it before but couldn't place it. Meg Griffin.

Denzel and Gary Oldman were great, but that's to be expected really and the whole film just IS Fallout. But I wish it didn't have the bible in it. Would have been better if it had been a completely new book or he was starting a new religion or even just magic.

One other thing that annoyed me was they never expanded on the "show me your hands" thing. Guess it was cut out of the film.

I quite liked that but found the revelation of Eli's handicap at the end more than a tad unlikely...

Yeah the big black dude in the jockstrap? Fuck knows. I thought I had missed something when it had got to the end with no real resolution but it seems not. A bit of subsequent on-line research indicates that there may have been about 40 minutes cut out along the way which kind of explains the disjointed nature of it. It certainly must rank as Pacino's most off the wall film...

I read somewhere online that it was a real technique used by NYPD, if a suspect said they had been beaten up by a big dude wearing a cowboy hat and a jockstrap, nobody would have believed them.

I think I need to watch this again, I seem to have missed something or you have read more into something than I did....

Well it seemed like he was able to see pretty well throughout the film and there was a close up at the end of his eyes clouding over as he became blind again, think it was just about the same time as the reveal of the bible being in Braille. I figured he was healed temporarily while he carried god's message seeing as he was supposed to be guided and protected along his journey

New een? I thought it was pretty good. Best Guy Ritchie film there's ever been. I think it wasn't 'cause they weren't lads *hums chelsea dagger*... in this film.

Robert Downie Jr pulled off the whole 'almost' deadpan thing pretty well.

Yeah it was the new one. I do agree it's Guy Ritchie best film as I have hated all his films. I think this affected me most as I was looking forward to it.

Yeah it was the new one. I do agree it's Guy Ritchie best film as I have hated all his films. I think this affected me most as I was looking forward to it.

I've got to say I enjoyed Lock Stock... And Brad Pitt was good in Snatch. But apart from that all his stuff has either been "Awriiigghhtt myyy saahhhnnnn. Cooocckkkneeeeyyyy" or Madonna. Neither of which I like.

But Sherlock Holmes surprised me after I heard it was by him. I think that's why I liked it. I half expected them all to have worse London accents than Dick Van Dyke. And it turned out good.

Spy Hard - never got round to seeing this before: just after LN kicked it, I put this and Wrongfully Accused on me Lovefilm list. This was alright, nae a patch on the Naked Gun films but there's still plenty of guffaws to be had. 6/10.

The Killer Inside Me - been recommended this one, the friend in question said I'd enjoy the mysogny in it. Tongue-in-cheek, of course. I didn't take to it terribly much though, mainly because the accents took even longer to dial-in that the first time I watched The Wire. The ending is rubbish aswell. 4/10.

The Switch

Jennifer Aniston is a single woman who decides to have a baby via sperm donor, Jason Bateman is her best mate who thinks it's a bad idea and sabotages the plan while drunk. The title kind of explains the premise and it's all pretty predictable but a few decent chuckles, I like Bateman since watching 'Arrested Development' and he is decent enough. Jeff Goldblum pops up as his boss and is typically eccentric and provides a few decent lines.

7/10

Dinner for Schmucks

Paul Rudd is an ambitious employee who is promised a path to better things if he takes part in his boss's regular dinner party where the guests have to take along an idiot. Rudd meets Steve Carell who is a nerdy taxidermist who makes models using dead mice and who seems the ideal idiot. Jemaine Clement pops up as an eccentric artist. A bit up and down, my wife found Carell annoying but I thought it was pretty funny overall.

8/10

Malcolm X

Spike Lee's biopic of the black rights spokesman played by Denzel Washington. Long at just over 3 hours but it seems difficult to judge what they could have cut without properly charting the main stages of his life. Pretty good, I'd not seen it before, Washington is typically impressive.

9/10