aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

last thing i saw was saw 6

got a lot of bad press but i thought it was ace, roll on number 7!

as a general rule i'd never ever ever EVER say "roll on number 7" about any film but the saw series has really made the storyline work

i could rabbit on for hours about how much of a fanboy i am, but by the time you read "...saw 6" you either agreed or stopped reading anyway

xx

last thing i saw was saw 6

got a lot of bad press but i thought it was ace, roll on number 7!

as a general rule i'd never ever ever EVER say "roll on number 7" about any film but the saw series has really made the storyline work

i could rabbit on for hours about how much of a fanboy i am, but by the time you read "...saw 6" you either agreed or stopped reading anyway

xx

Was in Orlando a couple of weeks ago and they are currently running Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, including a scarey Saw house. Was pretty awesome like.

For the first time ever I was actually getting into the "halloween spirit" last night and watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), the Devil's Chair (possibly the second worst horror film I've seen in recent years, but like to watch 'cos it's got Matt Berry in longjohns and cowboy boots) and Shaun of the Dead. Then I went to see An American Werewolf In London at the Cineworld in the new centre because the one at the beach wasn't showing it. Had only ever seen it on dvd before, so it was excellent seeing it on a big screen... despite hilarious technical faults.

Nothing major. They played the trailers, then at the one for Wolfman, it started freezing which made for hilarious stills. We were told there was a fault with the sound and so they restarted, playing the trailers from halfway through. It looked like the Wolfman one was gonna be fine, but it froze again, so they just went straight to the film which went without a hitch... until the final two minutes when the sound went completely.

Staff very apologetic though and we were given free tickets to see anything else.

Superman IV - The Quest For Peace

This was fine as a kid, but one part really annoyed me.

Its when the bad dude, takes the woman into space.

1. Where is he going?

2. Why did she not die in the vacuum of space!

I know its a kids film, but really???? Could he not of flown to some hidden beach or something, a hotel, or any one of the good places from the good places to have sex outside thread???

I'm presuming he was away to give her a good seeing to, but then he was a dumb shit that existed for 2 reasons. 1, to destroy superman and 2, to shag the journalist wifie!

Nothing major. They played the trailers, then at the one for Wolfman, it started freezing which made for hilarious stills. We were told there was a fault with the sound and so they restarted, playing the trailers from halfway through. It looked like the Wolfman one was gonna be fine, but it froze again, so they just went straight to the film which went without a hitch... until the final two minutes when the sound went completely.

Staff very apologetic though and we were given free tickets to see anything else.

I went to see Scooby Doo at the Vue a few years ago (not my choice) and halfway through the film the reel snapped. So we just had to leave. We got free tickets to go and see anything else we fancied so I used them to go and see something better. I still don't know, or care, how that film ended.

Another time I was at the old Odeon watching Charlie's Angels and there was a powercut. We had to get led out of the cinema by torchlight and we got two free tickets each :up:. I used one to re-watch Charlie's Angels, and the other I think I used to watch a documentary about mountain climbers and a guy that fell in a hole.

I have always refused to watch the live action Scooby Doo films, mainly due to my dislike of Freddie Prinze JR. Plus teh fact I was always fairly sure it was going to ruin one of my childhood faves, Scrappy Doo already did enough damage.

I watched 'Observe and Report' the other day, despite my thought that Seth Rogen is a farly one trick pony he was actually pretty good in this, it's a strange little film that has shifts in tone between yer usual gross out comedy and more of a dark underlying theme of mental illness...enough laughs to make it worthwhile, 7/10.

Other than that I've been a bit busy of late for movies so have been rewatching Seasons 2 - 4 of Curb Your Enthusiasm in bite size chunks which I think gets funnier season on season on the whole.

Other than that I've been a bit busy of late for movies so have been rewatching Seasons 2 - 4 of Curb Your Enthusiasm in bite size chunks which I think gets funnier season on season on the whole.

The latest season has been brilliant. The one with the lassie in the whhelchair is hilarious.

Every paper/magazine/tv show etc I see keeps going on about Twilight. I have no fucking idea what it's about, except it has vampires and it's adapted from a book.

I'm 31. Should I watch it?

My other half had read the books so wanted to see it and I did the dutiful thing, it's not that bad to be honest although I've never felt an urge to see it again. Pretty girly though.

I'm 38 if that helps....

I went to see Scooby Doo at the Vue a few years ago (not my choice) and halfway through the film the reel snapped. So we just had to leave. We got free tickets to go and see anything else we fancied so I used them to go and see something better. I still don't know, or care, how that film ended.

Another time I was at the old Odeon watching Charlie's Angels and there was a powercut. We had to get led out of the cinema by torchlight and we got two free tickets each :up:. I used one to re-watch Charlie's Angels, and the other I think I used to watch a documentary about mountain climbers and a guy that fell in a hole.

Good ol' freebies. I've got a Cineworld card anyway, but I'll use the free ticket to take my mother to see something I think.

We've had free tickets from Vue a few times in the past. I can't remember what we were seeing though... Except that Ross Noble satellite link-up thing that worked in every other Vue except the Aberdeen one. Doh. :D I think we used the free tickets from that to go see the final Pirates of the Caribbean which had a ten minute interval that turned into a forty minute interval due to technical faults, which led to another set of free tickets! :laughing:

Every paper/magazine/tv show etc I see keeps going on about Twilight. I have no fucking idea what it's about, except it has vampires and it's adapted from a book.

If you do see it, don't pay for it. It's hilarious, but I don't think it's supposed to be...

Surely an inevitable unmasking, and the lack of success blamed on the influence of medelling kids? The dog and the lanky one probably continued to come to terms with the fact that they are in the wrong line of work throughout, too.

Actually now that I think about it I'm sure that I did see the end, but it must have been on DVD cos I certainly didn't go back to watch that piece of shit again. The upshot is (and I'm not even going to put this in spoiler tags cos I'm sure no-one gives a fuck) that the ghosts are actually real! Not just a guy in a suit with smoke and mirrors but actual real life ghosts. Doesn't this completely fly in the face of the whole point of Scooby Doo?

Also the baddie turns out to be Scrappy-Doo. What the actual fuck?

Put those numbers the other way round and you'd be the perfect target market. I nearly didn't watch that True Blood due to my Vampires in Popular Culture ennui, but I did, and I quite like the Suvvern Decadent Stylings of it, and Frank Subotka as a thick cop. I definitely don't fancy a junior emo version though.

Put those numbers the other way round and you'd be the perfect target market. I nearly didn't watch that True Blood due to my Vampires in Popular Culture ennui, but I did, and I quite like the Suvvern Decadent Stylings of it, and Frank Subotka as a thick cop. I definitely don't fancy a junior emo version though.

Admit it, you just watched it cos it's got loads of tits in it.