aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being a super star on the ball is not a weakness. The fact that he is composed and picks out simple and efficient passes is all he needs to do! He's not technically gifted, but his technical ability is not in doubt. It's definitely not a weakness. If he was a forward, winger, or offensive midfielder then yes, it would be a weakness. But he's not; so it's not. You don't sign for Manchester United if you're not technically adept.

I'll argue with you on the terrier front too - Hargreaves never EVER shirks a tackle, yet he's not what you would describe as tenacious. Again, I'll compare with Makalele; he wasn't a terrier but he knew where and when to be to break up play. Hargreaves is similar.

And for the record, I never said Hargreaves was a complete player - I merely stated he has no real flaws. I'd like to point out that distinction. :up: He has his strengths, sure, but every single 'basic' skill or attribute that a professional footballer requires, he possesses: he can kick a ball cleanly, he has a decent touch and control, he can win the ball in the air, he can pass, he has good stamina, he's not slow, he has a footballing brain, he works for the team, he can tackle. To me, that spells pretty much flawless.

...He's shite min

The same could be said for Fergie though, can you name the last player to flop at Man U? BTW I'm not a Man United fan, but I think Fergie is a legend :up:

There have quite a few - I'd say that is pretty much Ferguson's only weakness. For all the talent he uncovers, he is prone to the odd pishy purchase.

I'm thinking... Taibi, Veron, Forlan, Djemba Djemba, Liam Miller...

This will make you laugh more... notice the similarity between these 2 chaps and the N64 game Goldeneye, with the cheat where you make the enemies heads bigger! Look identical to the two guys in the toilet of that level you start in the air duct.

_44347148_brewniculae270.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is the quiet possibly the most hilariously true thing I've ever read

I still feel comparing the prices of Henry and Bent is a fine example to indicate how wasteful Spurs were with the signing of Bent.

Well, we can agree to disagree then. :) For one thing, the Henry fee didn't really indicate his "true" market value, because

(a) Arsenal would not have sold him to another club in England.

(b) He only wanted to go to Barca, which didn't put Arsenal in a strong bargaining position. It was a similar situation with Beckham to Real Madrid.

I don't like the way Calderwood chooses to play against Falkirk. They basically went man for man with Severin spare, which would have been OK had Falkirk's front three's movement not been good and had certain Aberdeen players been borderline capable. Mair, for example, got embarrassed by Moutinho, predictably. Falkirk are actually good enough at John Hughes' "passing game" that playing the system Aberdeen did will eventually lead to them gradually playing their way through or getting a man over.

I'll gladly take the replay though.

Turned away at the door to Firhill. Frozen pitch apparently. I hear quite a few games are off...

Even if it wasn't frozen, the pitch is in such a state from the egg-chasers playing on it that it would have probably been unplayable anyway.

The division three top of the table clash was not as good as it should have been.

The heavy barrage of drinking afterwards was more fun.

The hangover this morning is not fun.

:up:

Thats good news, still hope we can get Nicholson to stay too.

I had to do the very emotional of removing Hart and Clark from my squad in Fifa 08, very heart wrenching!!!

I have a great photo of my son with Hart and Nicholson. Be gutted if Nicholson goes as well making the photo redundant, other than for memories sake.

Haven't tackled the Fifa 08 thing yet.