aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Sometimes i wish that we didn't have the success we have had this season. If we played our bog standard pish that we were all used too, then these players wouldn't think they are better than they really are. Apart from more money, what can other teams offer these players? It's not like any of them are good enough for the Premiership, even the championship!! You just need to look at Anderson. Ok he has been hampard by injury but he, in my mind, was the best and most consistent player in SPL last season and even if he was fully fit, he'll be struggling to get a start for Sunderland.

But if these four want to go then get rid of them now and get something for them, and like Johnny mac said dont let them play what would probably be the biggest games of their lives!! Greedy Cunts!!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys should remember what happened to David Rowson, Darren and Derek Young, even Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell (RIP). The grass isn't always greener down south. Yes, you can get more cash in the short term, but long-term you may struggle and end having to play for Partick Thistle or St Johnstone or wherever the hell Donnelly and Rowson play now.

When did 11 men on a pitch, and who they are, focused on a baa become so important in my life?! Cheeesh o_O

Tell me about it, most people lose interest the older they get but im getting worse. Ill be bitterly upset if everyone leaves this month!!

And some people say its only a game!! o_O

Tell me about it, most people lose interest the older they get but im getting worse. Ill be bitterly upset if everyone leaves this month!!

And some people say its only a game!! o_O

I know, I've just filled in my ballot for the Bayern game and i'm hoping there's still going to be players to watch there!

I hate waiting, and i don't have the radio so i have to keep checking the bbc site for news. I have a bad feeling that a'bodys leaving :(

I know, I've just filled in my ballot for the Bayern game and i'm hoping there's still going to be players to watch there!

I hate waiting, and i don't have the radio so i have to keep checking the bbc site for news. I have a bad feeling that a'bodys leaving :(

YEp, i've just filled in my ballot form too. Im offshore (supposed to be working) so im waiting for updates from here!! I have the same feeling! :swearing:

Hart, Clark and Nicholson not signing and Zander has asked for a few more days. No word on JC moving.

Plymouth have an offer on the table for Hart and also looking at Clark.

That's it. Money coming in for Hart could be a boost and should be used for those staying!

Ok, thats not too bad, would have liked Hart and Nicholson to stay but at least its not the mass exodus i was dreading

Ok, thats not too bad, would have liked Hart and Nicholson to stay but at least its not the mass exodus i was dreading

A change is as good as a rest they say. Clark taking his 'skill' elsewhere will now mean that we may see 11 (ish) footballers on the pitch. This could turn out okay is my thinking.

Bad news to lose our second best defender from last year after already losing our best IMO. Look how badly we have struggled without Anderson.

Yeah, that's the only real downside I would say. Nicholson, well, gets about the pitch an can offer something but could equally be missing from games.

Get some of the young lads on and off the bench now!

and

AFC have accepted Harts offer but rejected Clarks.

Guest idol_wild

I just don't get it - why would AFC even refuse 10 for Chris Clark? The man is next to useless on a football pitch. It seems that every fan who attends games regularly can identify this, yet Calderwood cannot.

I'm flummoxed.

Guest idol_wild
it's all the agents fault. they'll be whispering nonsense into the ears of these guys telling them they'll be huge down south and saying they'll definitely get a game if they move then by the time they realise the agent has already cashed the cheque.

Yeah, to an extent like.

The players, ultimately, make the final decision though. I think Michael Hart in particular has found his level at Aberdeen and would be foolish to move. I don't think he'd be especially outstanding at Championship level. At least with Aberdeen there is moderate cup final possibilities and two games against Bayern Munich.

If these players don't move on by the end of the month, I'd prefer it if they weren't selected for the Bayern games.

Ask yourselves if you could turn down a substantial increase in wages through moving and making (trying to make) a more secure financial future from what is a relatively short career. We probably can't help feeling that those moving, Clark apart, are being disloyal in someway but I'd say fair play to them, through gritted teeth. I'll be narked if I see Nicolson playing in the SPL though. Zander is young enough yet and will benefit from staying where he is in both ability and also his worth. Providing he keeps up the good work.

it's all the agents fault. they'll be whispering nonsense into the ears of these guys telling them they'll be huge down south and saying they'll definitely get a game if they move then by the time they realise the agent has already cashed the cheque.

Hart doesn't have an agent, but the rest of them, I would agree with you to an extent.