aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else disgusted by Calderwoods comments aout Lovell in the EE yesterday? Regardless of how he/we feel a player is performing surely he is way out of line and he is showing himself to be the crap manager of men and is likely to be, I hope, getting the brunt of some public show of disatisfaction from the fans. I never really felt one way or the other about the guy and would let good results speak for themsleves (when we get them) but I am fast losing patience with him. Blame the team, blame the players, but he never gets it wrong... Was not one of our best performances this season when most of his rated 'faves' were out injured, and the guts of the reserve team played oh and he was out of the country a lot? or otherwise engaged, I could be wrong on the last bit and correct me if I'm wrong... But I'm pretty sure he was less involved around that time...

blame the players.... is it just jimmy's who blame the players?? our very own jimmy quinn is constantly blaming the players for our current dip in form when its obvious to see most teams have sussed out our 3-5-2 formation.

most managers rarely have the guts to admit they got it wrong when the chips are down but are more than happy to take the praise when things go right!

2-1 I can imagine or 1-1.

Lee Miller and Barry Nic/Darren Mackie(it's that time of the year for him).

Mackie's injured again according to the website.

So all season ticket holders who filled out a ballot form for the Munich game all got tickets. Here was me thinking i might not get one. I believe there were only 2000 forms handed in!!

Oh well least ive got mine! Yay

Only 2000? I spent 2 weeks with my fingers crossed for nothing then. I'd have thought the Munich game would be a bigger pull than Madrid

Managers blaming the players is one of my pet hates; I'm of the opinion that if a player isn't performing to his full potential then it is the job of the manager to motivate said player into getting the performances out of him. For example, when Big Sam had a go at our players for underperforming a few months ago, I felt like driving down to Newcastle, going round his house and yelling "play them in the right positions then min!" at him. Bah.

Mackie's injured again according to the website.

Only 2000? I spent 2 weeks with my fingers crossed for nothing then. I'd have thought the Munich game would be a bigger pull than Madrid

You have to remember that people have a chance to see us play them at home so they won't be bothered going to same game twice.

I've heard 4000 from afc forums but really not sure what is the true figuire. Fingers crossed Non ST holders are even more cynical and don't want to go to Munich so I get a ticket.

When i went to get my tickets for tonight, the boy in the ticket office said there were roughly 2000 tickets going for the General ballot. i kinda worked out that there must have been roughly 2000 season ticket ballot forms handed in, especially as you got to season ticket holders on each form.

Either way i've got mine and call me selfish or whatever but thats all i give a fuck aboot!!!

I was sweating a bit though, but i believe a couple of my mates are getting their tickets through Bayern website for the home end.

Hence, 2000 ballot forms.

Yeah another ballot for general sale tickets.

aye get u now

should have done that for the madrid tix imo

they could possiblyy have gotten away with normal sales procedures for the munich (away) game ie first open to ST holders then later just put on general sale.

aye get u now

should have done that for the madrid tix imo

they could possiblyy have gotten away with normal sales procedures for the munich (away) game ie first open to ST holders then later just put on general sale.

Yeah they could have, although they are a bit out of practice for organising big European fixtures!!!

Well a better performance the day. Even Steve Lovell done a wee bit. Smiths free kick was sublime, superb. We need to start scoring pens, however there was no-one following up, and thats primary school football. I think the scoreline flaters Falkirk a bit as we could have easily scored 1 or 2 more. Their sub keeper was immense though, pulled off a couple of cracking saves.

Did anyone see Zanders hand ball, i didn't really see it hit anything other than his foot so i must have missed it.

And i want to be a ref, the only profession where you can be absolute shite at yer job and still keep yer job! Some really baffling decisions the night.

Still it gives JC the excuse of too many games if we lose ones we should be winning!!

Looked a clear hand ball to me (right at the bottom of Section Y). Ref was shite though, and definitely agreed about the follow-up to the penalty.

On another note, why do Falkirk players keep trying to kill themselves at the Pitt? Kenny Milne faceplanting the wall in the league game, and now Krul headbutting a post?!

Looked a clear hand ball to me (right at the bottom of Section Y). Ref was shite though, and definitely agreed about the follow-up to the penalty.

On another note, why do Falkirk players keep trying to kill themselves at the Pitt? Kenny Milne faceplanting the wall in the league game, and now Krul headbutting a post?!

I read that the ball bounce akwardly and hut his arm. Ill see the replay!

And because they play for Falkirk!!

good spurs performance vs arsenal reserves last night

although the commentator said berbatov was "quiet" i thought he had a terrific game, in the last few months he has proved what an all round quality player he is.

keanes goal (regardless of goalkeeper) was a beautiful piece of football

Im sure ALKALINE will be delighted to see his team progress to a Wem-ber-ley final for the first time in ages

never a dull moment at my beloved cambridge united - a resounding thrashing of (an admittedly hopeless) droylsden on the pitch. and as soon as the final whistle goes its announced that chairman lee power has resigned citing back room squabbles...

well done to the dons for progressing in the cup and spurs for stuffing arsehole reserves.