aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Guest Jake Wifebeater
GET. IT. RIGHT. UP. YE.

:up:

Someone needs to tell Cunty here that gloating is a sign of insecurity. When you've had as many cup finals as we have in recent years it all gets a bit boring...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I would be worried for Tuesday, but hell... it's the cup... :up:

Stichman you bastard, when the hell are you going to learn to shut your fucking rabbit? You cursed it again!

:down::down::down::swearing:

Er, wasn't that our 9th penalty this season (amazing when you consider we recently went over a year without one) and only the second we've missed?

Fair enough, i forget about all the pens we have scored. Although why did they not let Jaime Smith take it for his 3rd. Anyway it was still a good performance.

Oh and i picked up my Bayern away tickets today, Yas!!!

good spurs performance vs arsenal reserves last night

although the commentator said berbatov was "quiet" i thought he had a terrific game, in the last few months he has proved what an all round quality player he is.

keanes goal (regardless of goalkeeper) was a beautiful piece of football

Im sure ALKALINE will be delighted to see his team progress to a Wem-ber-ley final for the first time in ages

It was an absolute cracker. I know it was a fairly young Arsenal side that we faced last night, but almost all of those players are often used in Premier League games and have a fair bit of experience between them, most of them are Internationals as well. I respect Wenger's reasons for using them though, what better way to up the young players game than a bit of character building in a cup where they're likely to get to at least the last 4 and play at least one Premier team on the way.

I'm kind of hoping that Chelsea win tonight, i'd rather play them in the Final than Everton. It would be nice to have a more current piece of Silverware at the Lane. Having won nothing since the George Graham-era i would like nothing better than dispatching both Arsenal and Chelsea on the way to cup glory.

I'm still sure Arsenal will win the league this season though. I think Man Utd will bottle it.

Er, wasn't that our 9th penalty this season (amazing when you consider we recently went over a year without one) and only the second we've missed?

Yeh I'm pissed off how people keep slating our penalties as to be fair that was a one off for Nicholson on Saturday as normally is pens are great. Not sure how Seve's pen but surely couldn't have been bad?

Can see JC changing formation so Duff can get a game.

Was Derek Young really the best player on the pitch?!

Was Derek Young really the best player on the pitch?!

No. Far from it. Lee Miller and Jamie Smith were. It was a superb performance though, some excellent football and good movement. And we seemed willing to shoot from distance, for once! Miller had a 25yard skelp that hit the bar, and Derek Young had a similar drive off the bar.

One minor criticism: during the first half we had very little width. JC effectively played 4 centre halves across the back, which, when you take into account de Visscher's baffling tendency for leaving the touchline for a wander, left us very narrow.

Love from Christy

Stichman you bastard, when the hell are you going to learn to shut your fucking rabbit? You cursed it again!

:down::down::down::swearing:

I hold my hands up for this one, it's my fault again. I forgot who I am. What we are. I'm a mess.

Shitty second half performance from us. McIntyre forgot that he could make substitutes I think, Tam should have been on well before he did, and Williamson would have been welcome. Harper is such a mixed bag, one minute he's a rampaging super-winger, the next he's the big fat mess that we all know and don't love.

Burch had a sitter too.

The pitch was comical, the egg-chasers should get told to piss right off.

Caley Reserves beat the Dons Reserves 4-1 today :up:

Perhaps one day we'll emulate that into a senior team win ?(

Yeh I heard that but didn't you field a really strong reserves team?

Saying that we were playing Aluko and Duff who are supposed to be fighting for first place so don't know what I'm saying!

We've actually got a pretty strong squad, so out of the one's who were playing against Aberdeen reserves only one started against Rangers (Markus Pateleinen).

ICT.....team.....Dons

Zibi...................Soutar

Gillespie............McVitie

Duff...................D Smith

Watt.................Duff

Kerr..................Skinner

Wilson................Crawford

Hart...................Pawlett

Vigurs................Jonathon Smith

Patti...................McGuire

Bayne.................Aluko

Wyness..............S Smith

Hat trick from Bayne and a goal from Wyness. Not sure who scored for Aberdeen ?(

We've actually got a pretty strong squad, so out of the one's who were playing against Aberdeen reserves only one started against Rangers (Markus Pateleinen).

ICT.....team.....Dons

Zibi...................Soutar

Gillespie............McVitie

Duff...................D Smith

Watt.................Duff

Kerr..................Skinner

Wilson................Crawford

Hart...................Pawlett

Vigurs................Jonathon Smith

Patti...................McGuire

Bayne.................Aluko

Wyness..............S Smith

Hat trick from Bayne and a goal from Wyness. Not sure who scored for Aberdeen ?(

was that lapira lad playing for aberdeen as a sub or anything?

Haha, true enough. But surely you need an immaculate pitch for your expansive, passing game?

The sad thing is that our pitch was fucking mint last year, but the brand of football we were playing under the miner's-son-from-Fife-who-cannot-be-named-without-my-blood-pressure-shooting-up didn't make use of it.

I'm happy with this season so far. Hope we hold onto Buchanan though, Craig Levein was waxing too lyrical about him last night for my liking.

West Lothian Franchise XI for two weeks in a row now.

The sad thing is that our pitch was fucking mint last year, but the brand of football we were playing under the miner's-son-from-Fife-who-cannot-be-named-without-my-blood-pressure-shooting-up didn't make use of it.

I'm happy with this season so far. Hope we hold onto Buchanan though, Craig Levein was waxing too lyrical about him last night for my liking.

Heard the other day that the reason we didn't sign him before Partick was because of concerns about his "social life" ?(

Then I heard something about him getting his car repossessed and his dad getting arrested ?(?(?(

Buchanan was pretty shite all night, but then popped up and rattled in two - sign of a great striker I suppose.

McCall was saying afterwards that he's a bit like McCoist was - he'll miss a hatload of chances, but he'll still always score. We could do with someone of that ilk, to think Burch used to feature in the Champion's League and at International level is almost laughable.