aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be going something like this:

Willie Miller: "Chris, we've had a bid for you. We haven't bothered to check how much, but off you go, we'll pay for your flight."

Or, we have a bid in for you: offered Plymouth 10,000 for them to take you off our hands...

Poor lad. I'm feeling a little bad at giving him a hard time...

So Michael Hart would rather play against Barnsley, Scunthorpe and Colchester than Bayern Munich? Good to see a bit of ambition in our players :up:

Seriously though, I can see his point... if I was (allegedly) getting paid less than Jamie Winter was I'd want to leave too.

but look at the likes of swindon and bradford who once played in the promised land now plying their trade in the lower realms of the english league.

Difference is that those two clubs only had themselves to blame: Bradford by spending too much money, and Swindon by being horribly mis-managed after being relegated.....

slight hijack, sorry, but at least it's football related, and i AM fairly desperate :D

basically, i work saturdays and was away over xmas, so i need to buy some dons vouchers to try and get a bayern ticket.

if you have a spare voucher from one or both of the games below, please PM me....

killie (8 dec)

caley (2 jan)

i'll love you forever. or give you some cash.

slight hijack, sorry, but at least it's football related, and i AM fairly desperate :D

basically, i work saturdays and was away over xmas, so i need to buy some dons vouchers to try and get a bayern ticket.

if you have a spare voucher from one or both of the games below, please PM me....

killie (8 dec)

caley (2 jan)

i'll love you forever. or give you some cash.

Aye, here they come, those stay away fans that want a bit of the 'big' time...:finger::love:

Sam Allardyce is no longer at Newcastle. Not sure what has happened.

"Mutual agreement," apparently. Can't say I'm happy about this, although if we can somehow convince Marcello Lippi to manage a mediocre mid-table EPL side with ridiculous fans then I won't complain...

The pantomime that is Newcastle United rolls on!

this is the kind of commitment aberdeen need:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Rangers | Hutton rebuffs second Spurs offer

screw the big bucks and stay where you get a game and the chance to play in europe.

There's a lot of talk about Hutton being scared of failure; since there'd be big expectations of him being a success down south. Perhaps there is some truth in it? Must be easier to play against the likes of Roy McBain and co, than it would be to play against Cristiano Ronaldo 8-)

There's a lot of talk about Hutton being scared of failure; since there'd be big expectations of him being a success down south. Perhaps there is some truth in it? Must be easier to play against the likes of Roy McBain and co, than it would be to play against Cristiano Ronaldo 8-)

that seems a bit unfair. how's he meant to win with that? if he stays he's scared, if he goes he's just in it for the money.

"Mutual agreement," apparently. Can't say I'm happy about this, although if we can somehow convince Marcello Lippi to manage a mediocre mid-table EPL side with ridiculous fans then I won't complain...

The pantomime that is Newcastle United rolls on!

not suprised but the timing is a wee bit odd - allerdyce was talking to sky sports news this afternoon!! he looked really under pressure mind. thats 8 premiership managers have gone this season all ready!

so who next for the toon gig? i think it might tempt a foreigner, the last three appointments have proved disastrous. i'll laugh me socks off if shearer gets it :up:

not suprised but the timing is a wee bit odd - allerdyce was talking to sky sports news this afternoon!! he looked really under pressure mind. thats 8 premiership managers have gone this season all ready!

so who next for the toon gig? i think it might tempt a foreigner, the last three appointments have proved disastrous. i'll laugh me socks off if shearer gets it :up:

Sky Sports are reporting that it's going to be someone British. If that's the case I think it'll be little more than a sidestep for the club, and Christ, if Steve McClaren gets it I'm going to wring someone's neck. There was some mong on SSN saying "Mike Ashley should take the job with Gazza as his assistant"... laugh? I almost pissed myself.

Shearer would be a terrible appointment.