aberdeen-music

So...was Santa good to you?

Frosty Jack

I got a violin (and broke a string within 0.2 secs :( )

Shameless Series 3, Family Guy Series 5 and Mighty Boosh Live DVD's

Aftershave

Dressing gown

Slippers

Couple of toiletry sets

Money

Chocolates

:up:

I got a mandolin and broke a string immediately too. The most notable of my other presents was Neil Lennon's "Man and Bhoy", Garth Marenghi's Darkplace on DVD, and a new man-bag.

^ Haha!

I got a Dunlop Crybaby From Hell wah, which is nice :up:

Should've had an ENGL Z-5 footswitch but - despite having it in stock for the last 2 months - still haven't dispatched it :swearing:

The CFH makes up for it though so can't complain. :)

How is that pedal? i was thinking o buying that or the slash one but never got round to it.

Been looking for a decent wah pedal as used a few and never really been blown away.

I used the bad horsie ones but thought they lacked a good tone, Ended up modifying my crybaby which sounds good but doesnt blow me away.

Might get me one o them beasties if they are good.

The missus got me a framptone talkbox for crimbo, really good wee toy

Santa gave me a big pile of money to go shopping for my own Christmas present, so I bought myself a shiny new laptop and attacked Topman. This was 2 weeks before Christmas though. So I've been spending this time trying to fill up the good old 120GB hard drive with music. It's keeping me occupied.

On actual christmas day I got a D&G aftershave set and some clothes from ma, and an A*Men afterhave set and some money from da. Oh the joys of a messy seperation.

I don't think I've ever gotten a christmas present I didn't like. I don't trust parents to choose for me, so I either ask for something or just get money. Lucky boy, me.

I bought all my family alcohol. Mother got champagne, Dad got whisky, and brother got Jack Daniels. One of my friends got 2 Russ Meyer films and my 11 year old nephew got Panic and Fall Out Boy CDs, at his own request. It's a start.

I'm still buying Christmas presents for the girlfriend though, as she's in America for a while. I should stop though, I've already gone a little overboard on the spending. Ah well, tis the season, etc.

How is that pedal? i was thinking o buying that or the slash one but never got round to it.

Been looking for a decent wah pedal as used a few and never really been blown away.

I used the bad horsie ones but thought they lacked a good tone, Ended up modifying my crybaby which sounds good but doesnt blow me away.

Might get me one o them beasties if they are good.

The missus got me a framptone talkbox for crimbo, really good wee toy

Pop in to R&B (no, not a shameless plug cos I work there!) and try them, we've got both in stock at the moment.

I personally don't like the Slash, was really disappointed with it.

The Dime however - again, not because I'm a Dime fan, but because of the versatility and general tones within - is absolutely brilliant.

I've been using a Morley Tremonti for the past 3 years, it was between the Dime and that at the time. I probably prefer the Dime now.

You can set the sweep range and tweak other elements of the sound which is very handy for different applications.

Simply put - Dunlop should be making a standard (non signature) Crybaby with all of the features the CFH has as it's the one to beat at the moment I think (excluding the rackmount Crybaby ofcourse).

:up:

I got the M-Audio GForce Future Retro Pack.

I am sure this name means a lot to everyone.

......It contains software emulations of 4 classic analogue synthesisers. The Mini Moog (MiniMonsta), Mellatron (M-Tron), Oscar (ImpOSCar), and Arp Oddysy (Oddity) - (note that the m-audio produce names are in brackets.

Very pleased with it although I have never played any of the originals so I can't really comment on how accurate they are.

Also bought a korg triton extreme (fancy keyboard) on Friday with money saved from my birthday, last christmas, my job and my last job. Feels like a christmas present.

Also got a Nintendo DS for christmas and a pair of socks (I always get a pair of socks).

Also, everyone on my mum's side of the family gives me de-oderant or bathroom products, providing they think I smell.

• 2 weeks later...