aberdeen-music

Marshall from Strong Like Ox injured

blairsea

Last Sunday morning at 9 when Strong Like Ox were driving back from a gig in Thurso we hit ice, flipped 3 times, hit a wall and landed with the car side up. In the car was RossP (driving), Steve (our boss - passenger) and Marshall and myself (Blair) in the back. All of us got off lightly with minor injuries except poor Marsh who has broken his back. He can move legs and stuff so its not as bad as it could have been.

Marsh has been putting on gigs in Elgin called Validnights for a wee while now and we were meant to be playing one this Sat but have had to pull out. The gig will be going ahead with the amazing Shutter coming in and Dan Against the World and Upstarts playing too. Its gonna be a Marsh-stock type thing to keep his spirits up.

So anyone in the Elgin area on Sat please come along to what should be an ace night!

bloody hell!

you got a new number ross? letter from gtc came for you today

Hey man got that message from you, i was asleep for the last couple of hours. I'm totally wiped out tonight, so i'll give you a call tomoro when i'm a bit more coherant. You can open that letter, as i doubt its important.

Cheers for phoning min, i should be bright and breezy for your birthday. On holiday too!!

Wow.....i'm stunned, give the man my best wishes, where is he?

With one obvious exception, everyone was very lucky to walk away from that one...

He is in Inverness Raigmore.

Marshall even walked away from the wreckage with a broken back. Thats adrenaline for you!!

Marshall has got the back brace out on him according to a few folk who saw him today. He's up and about and can access the internet; so be sure all your messages are helping the recovery process :love:

Ross, I think Dave's been in touch but anything you need for the validnight we'd be glad to help..we'l be around all day and we'l go around flyering that new poster aswell..I've pm'd u my number incase you don't have it..Also ye we are able to play the fudge gig so if you haven't managed to replace stuff by then and you're able to play your more than welcome to use anything of ours, just glad you guys are alright and Marshalls' up and about!!

Got a bit of a shock when I heard this. We were one of the bands that SLO played with the night before the crash. Never heard until Monday morning when Darren(my drummer) sent me an e-mail. Shocking stuff but glad that everyone is ok and nothing worse happened.

Here's to a speedy recovery Marshall.