aberdeen-music

crocodile hunter steve irwin dead

delboy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye, I was pretty shocked when I heard the news this morning, but I hear he was "provoking" the stingray...which I guess is what he was know for (provoking animals)... Chris Packam was on radio 4 this morning, it was interesting what he was saying, he was pretty stern about how he didn't agree with how irwin interacted with the animals, but appreciated he did open up the viewing audience to wildlife programmes...

sad he's gone, but I am pretty surpriesd he got this far!

whats interesting about it is, he's practically shoved his head in crocodiles mouths before and poked deadly snakes with sticks and the thing that finally tops him off is something which is relatively unheard of in australia, according to some sources stingray attacks are totally rare.

shame though, he was very entertaining, total risk taker, potentially a little mentally unstable but in the best way possible, made for good viewing!

Guest bluesxman

His over-enthusiasm was what made him ace.

Anyone remember that episode of South Park when they were watching him on TV - 'and now I'm gonna piss this croc right off by sticking my thumb up it's butt'

Anyone remember that episode of South Park when they were watching him on TV - 'and now I'm gonna piss this croc right off by sticking my thumb up it's butt'

Shit, beat me to it. Seems it was just one butt too far this time.

Can't really say I was a fan of his, although his enthusiasm did amuse me somewhat.

As much as i think "he had it coming", i never actually thought it would. His show was a good laugh, if even just to take the piss out of.

Wife must be devastated, as i hear it they were very very close. I think it went along the lines of; she met him wihle he was in America, and then left everything she had to go stay with him.

But yeah, i'm pretty gutted :( Although, i am looking forward to some 'best ofs' and the like, in reminder of him coming on.

I reckon this is a massive tragedy, he's one of the soul reasons that wildlife shows on the telly didn't become extinct themselves. He struck the perfect mix of education and entertainment in his shows, usually by provoking the animals. It'll only become apparent how much he's missed when the next generation of wildlife presenters come through.

R.I.P. Steve.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

for some bizarre reason (bizarre only that I obviously didn't know the guy and am not really a particular fan of his, enjoyable though his shows were) I'm actually quite upset about it