aberdeen-music

Liquid

Guest Bob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always seem to bump into lots of orange skinned' date=' huge breasted, white haired girls in tiny skirts who don't leave enough to the imagination[/quote']

You lucky bastard!

i was just thinking today' date=' moshulu is the new liquid.

loads of people wearing the same brands, drinking the same thing, dancing to the same cheesy hits.

aberdeen needs a new underground club for the masses, and i'm not talking sub-terranean.[/quote']

And a new club will get them wearing different brands & making different choices about what they drink?

One time I tried to get into Liquid and the bouncer stopped me on account on the red trainers I was wearing. As I was standing arguing with him a guy wearing the exact same trainers walked up and got in.

It's an unwritten law of the universe that no matter how obscure and unique your shoes are, as soon as you're denied entry anywhere on their account someone with the exact same pair will saunter past you and get in.

I've seen this happen millions of times, and it always makes my head feel a bit funny.

Liquid is the sort of club where you go to get treated like cattle. The old Palace was like a social club, Liquid is just a pile of piss. Poor drink selection, poor music/DJ's, everybody looks 16 and all the guys wear Ben Sherman shirts tucked into their jeans.

Don't get me wrong, I used to go to Amadeus when I was 17/18, along with the rest of my Uni class. Good pulling opportunities and you can dance like a twat along with the rest of your classmates. However, come the age of 21 you should really have improved your taste in music enough to check out more entertainment-driven nightspots such as Kef, Snafu, Tunnels and Moshulu, as well as having developed a more discerning palate so that you're not still drinking alcopops. Even if you have moved on to the maturer commercial clubs like Babylon or Tiger, it's still an advancement. Clubs like Liquid are for kids and 27 year old virgins.

Liquid is the sort of club where you go to get treated like cattle. The old Palace was like a social club' date=' Liquid is just a pile of piss. Poor drink selection, poor music/DJ's, everybody looks 16 and all the guys wear Ben Sherman shirts tucked into their jeans.

Don't get me wrong, I used to go to Amadeus when I was 17/18, along with the rest of my Uni class. Good pulling opportunities and you can dance like a twat along with the rest of your classmates. However, [b']come the age of 21 you should really have improved your taste in music enough to check out more entertainment-driven nightspots such as Kef, Snafu, Tunnels and Moshulu, as well as having developed a more discerning palate so that you're not still drinking alcopops. Even if you have moved on to the maturer commercial clubs like Babylon or Tiger, it's still an advancement. Clubs like Liquid are for kids and 27 year old virgins.

I wouldn't call Moshulu a grown up place to be. No offence meant, but I grew out my black clothes and nail varnish phase at around 17. And how is it entertainment driven? It offers the same entertainment as every other club in the city - a guy playing records.

Moshulu's a place for 18 year old goth and emo kids to go and be miserable. Oh, and 27 year old virgins.

And how is it entertainment driven? It offers the same entertainment as every other club in the city - a guy playing records.

I meant the live music they've been putting on for the last couple of years (no concept of time, so I could be wrong).

coolio played at campus in glasgow last night and tonight he's at the strathclyde union. you can never dream of such high profile acts and that is one of a number of reasons why i am better than all of you.

/x

Ha ha! That reminds me of the time he was on Never Mind The Buzzcoks and Lamaar had him dressing up in stupid clothes, saying ridiculous things and basically making him look like an idiot. He played along really well, though.

I've been in Liquid once and was horrified - It was really sad seeing what they'd done to our Palace. It was VERY white. I remember going upstairs and not having the amazing upstairs bar and amazing music you'd hear nowhere else. The drink had tripled in price and there were no sticky carpets. I fled, pining for a CD containing Sabotage, Bullet in the Head and Been Caught Stealing, and unlimited bottles of 1 Woodpecker.

It's sad what has become of everyone's fave Aberdeen venue.........

Ahh...the Palace. Although I've a feeling that because the place is closed and it's been a while, we're only remembering the greatness of the Palace. What about the shitty pints, Paul's fondness for playing the same set 8 weeks in a row, the cheesy dance upstairs on a Thursday (or was it a Monday)...plus did anyone ever go on a Saturday for the over 25's?

Moshulu's a place for 18 year old goth and emo kids to go and be miserable. Oh' date=' and 27 year old virgins.[/quote']

And when are you getting the operation to remove you head from your arse? That is the most moronic thing I have read on this site in a long time, and that really is saying something.....

:down:

Moshulu's a place for 18 year old goth and emo kids to go and be miserable. Oh' date=' and 27 year old virgins.[/quote']

This is weird. Coz you liked it enough last friday, actually it was you who suggested going there.

And another 2 corrections, im 28 and not a virgin.

And when are you getting the operation to remove you head from your arse? That is the most moronic thing I have read on this site in a long time' date=' and that really is saying something.....

:down:[/quote']

Take off the nail varnish and the choker, son. You'll feel better.

I was in liquid for some of last night and I had the best night out I've had in ages.

My only complaint is that they put my tequilla in a normal glass and not a shot glass and never gave me any lime :( You'd think with the prices they'd at least do things properly!

But as I said, apart from that no complaints. Barely even noticed any neds as well! :)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Went to Liquid once, about 3 years ago. Wasn't that bad, pound a pint and I didn't get any bother, just a few puzzled looks at some skinhead wearing an Extinction Of Mankind shirt (i.e. me). Everyone seemed to be having a good time, no trouble in the air. Wouldn't go again though, Fortress Weep has been kind to me lately.

Liquid like the old Palace? What planet are you on?

The Palace was so much better because it had charme (yes with an e). You walked in and instantly had to climb over all the bodies in the foyer and 9 times out of 10 you'd know someone crashed out on the floor and you'd crash out there too all night.

oh the memories. good times. i was always one of the bodies in the foyer. i have almost an entire photo album of people crashed out in the foyer.

I've been in Liquid once and was horrified - It was really sad seeing what they'd done to our Palace. It was VERY white. I remember going upstairs and not having the amazing upstairs bar and amazing music you'd hear nowhere else. The drink had tripled in price and there were no sticky carpets. I fled' date=' pining for a CD containing Sabotage, Bullet in the Head and Been Caught Stealing, and unlimited bottles of 1 Woodpecker.

It's sad what has become of everyone's fave Aberdeen venue.........[/quote']

awww man, more nostaligia and good memories. moshulu should do a palace tribute night one night. play all the old hits, sell all the cheap shitty booze and give a pound off entry to anyone old enough to have gone to the palace.

awww man' date=' more nostaligia and good memories. moshulu should do a palace tribute night one night. play all the old hits, sell all the cheap shitty booze and give a pound off entry to anyone old enough to have gone to the palace.[/quote']

That's a bloody good idea! I don't know if the dank of the palace could ever be recreated though...