aberdeen-music

Shite Band Names

Gogs

• 1 month later...

I'd often wondered about Onion Terror, and noticed it on watching The Day Today recently. From the same spoof horse names I thought Massive Bereavement was the funniest, perhaps not as a band name though.

If i was re-naming my band just now i'd pick something I really liked and nick a word / phrase / name from it.

Onion Terror came from The Day Today. Black Atom had a song called 'trust me i'm a stomach'' date=' from the very same episode and I know of a hardcore band called Ted Maul, a reporter in the same program.

Seems to be a popular way of naming things, but just make sure it's nothing too obvious.[/quote']

• 2 years later...
Guest calumunderkills

Someone said Shed Seven above - I've always liked that name because I read an interview with them and they were asked where the name came from and the story they gave was that one of the members lost his virginity in a shed when he was 7.

Probably untrue, but still pretty funny (IMO).

I heard a story from one of our members after our band was named, but in the same light, our band would have been called Garage 7. :up:

Scoundrel.