aberdeen-music

Shite Band Names

Gogs

.co.uk and they sucked .co.ck

Yeah, I remember when they came on at the Therapy gig at the Lemon Tree AFTER Clutch. I almost spat out my whisky in disgust. But decided instead to swallow it so I could numb the pain. Luckily co.uk. sank without trace though, after being 'hotly tipped' for a while, sure they changed their name at some point, though I've erased that moment from my memory.

I saw a poster in Glasgow for a band called Liquid Fluid, that conjured up a particularly strong adverse reaction.

No' date=' please do, I have to disagree with the top 3 though.[/quote']

Heh the top 3 are actually some of the worst names around just now..in that they are not names they are sentences...I know according to the Simpsons, band names should be witty at first, but less funny each time you hear them...but those names should never leave the practice room.

You can just picture it, every sitting round a bong getting baked "oh man...what if...oh man..this is goood shit.....hey who's got some food.....oh yeah...where am I...our drug supply is getting dangerously low...oh shit....the band name.....get this shit.....Clap your hands say yeah....then the introducing guy comes and says Clap your hands say yeah, and everyones fucking claps their hands and says yeah...yeah?....."

"hey puff puff give mother fucker..."

Well it's pretty obvious why i have to disagree' date=' because i don't think they are shit names. Simple as.[/quote']

you think 'be your own pet' is a good name? jeezo. it's got to be one of the worst names i've ever heard.

the only name on that list i'd disagree with is the yeah yeah yeah's.

the band myself and some others are trying to form are currently at the naming stage and there's been some stinkers suggested so far. my greatest fear is that we'll end up just picking the first one no one hates and being stuck with a dodgy name cause no one can be bothered anymore.

you think 'be your own pet' is a good name? jeezo. it's got to be one of the worst names i've ever heard.

the band myself and some others are trying to form are currently at the naming stage and there's been some stinkers suggested so far. my greatest fear is that we'll end up just picking the first one no one hates and being stuck with a dodgy name cause no one can be bothered anymore.

Been there, done that, it's not so bad. I don't think it's possible to get a bandname everybody likes - I think you have to deligate 1 person to decide and just go with that.

I don't think it's good but i don't think i truely shite either. I should add to my list The Feeling. Now at least Be Your Own Pet isn't as obvious and dull as that.

Nomenclature

It's a nightmare.

The first band I was ever involved with back in 19?? argued the toss over names and the three our dictatorial "leader" came up with were...brace yourselves...

Spearhead

Arrowhead

August

Fer f*cks sake !

I left immediately taking most of the kit with me and that was the end of that.

Mostly Autumn - eats shit as well. Decent proggie band, festering minge of a name.

DZL

Live

why the f*ck did they call themselves Live?

"ladies and gentlemen playing live, it's Live - naw that's their name!" it's just confusing!

apparently when they played glastonbury their posters had [the band] underneath Live, leading some people to believe that "The Band" came back from the dead and called themselves "Live" just to fuck us right up!

"Gig" or "On Stage" would have been better names.

It's a nightmare.

The first band I was ever involved with back in 19?? argued the toss over names and the three our dictatorial "leader" came up with were...brace yourselves...

Spearhead

Arrowhead

August

Fer f*cks sake !

I left immediately taking most of the kit with me and that was the end of that.

Mostly Autumn - eats shit as well. Decent proggie band' date=' festering minge of a name.

DZL[/quote']

we could almost have become 'doubting thomas'. seriously. *sigh*