aberdeen-music

Your top three gigs in aberdeen?

cutie claire

I fear a splurge of memory and 'OH FUCK YEAH!' moments over the next several pages! Can't wait.

'Senser' at the Lemon Tree anyone? Supported by Fricken 'New Kingdom' no less!!!!!! although I missed the top of the bus antics mid set. :up:

New Kingdom pissed on Senser from a great hight! they were fuckin awesome!

I was outside for the impromtu rap in the car park on top of the transit as well!!

amazing night!

New Kingdom pissed on Senser from a great hight! they were fuckin awesome!

I was outside for the impromtu rap in the car park on top of the transit as well!!

amazing night!

new kingdom were fantastic that night, too much smoke set off the smoke alarm, who'd a thunk it?...the roof rap was ace, the crowd were loving it.

the bass was sensational...senser were good, but yip, new kingdom won that for me.

credit to the nation and collapsed lung the night after !....we wiz blessed that week!

OH MY FUCKING GOD...

I forgot Fugazi......

and Clutch ("supporting" therapy?)

i thought that was a terrible gig

A lot of people thought that!!! But I loved the fact that his grizzled appearance and age-wearied voice actually seemed dead right for the music. Even now, listening to a CD of the gig it sounds great to me (but probably still awful to heaps of other folk :) ).

Steve Earle solo acoustic - lemon tree 2003?

honourable mentions to A Hawk and a Hacksaw at Peacock Visual Arts Gallery off of Castlegate June/July of last year and Thomas Truax at the Tunnels around about the same time

I was at all of these, too. The Thomas Truax one at Drakes with Sgt Buzfuz and Chris TT was a magical night also.

Guest bluesxman
A lot of people thought that!!! But I loved the fact that his grizzled appearance and age-wearied voice actually seemed dead right for the music. Even now' date=' listening to a CD of the gig it sounds great.[/quote']

You have a redording of it?? Would I be able to scrounge a copy, I would be interested to hear it as I was there too. I didn't think it was that bad, just weird to get half way through a song and recognise a lyric and realise it's Blowin' in The Wind sounding nothing like it does normally....

Guest collapse in chaos

Silverstein/underoath @ Kef

Funeral for a friend@ lava (can't remember dates so the name change is the distinction)

the 44's + capdown @ moshulu

decent

I should stay in more

I've seen nearly everything mentioned so far , my top three are

Dick Dale - The Lemon Tree

Black Star Liner -The Lemon Tree

Transglobal Underground -The Lemon Tree

with Atom Flask and Maple coming pretty close on several occasions.

You have a redording of it?? Would I be able to scrounge a copy' date=' I would be interested to hear it as I was there too. I didn't think it was that bad, just weird to get half way through a song and recognise a lyric and realise it's Blowin' in The Wind sounding nothing like it does normally....[/quote']

But I'd seen Dylan at the SECC in Glasgow in 89, and even by the end of some songs I was still not sure what they were supposed to be:laughing:

I got my copy at a record fair....you can certainly get a copy of mine....you going to Thee More Shallows tonight????

Terrible with dates but here's my three:

Public Enemy @ Music Hall

Q-Bert @ Kef (yes it was a Wax gig but to see the skills close-hand was amazing!)

The third choice would be between DJ Format (+Abdominal & D-Sisive) @ Lemon Tree, Jungle Brothers @ Kef or Ugly Duckling @ Kef. Again, name-dropping a (forthcoming) Wax act but forgive me, I'm a fan also.

top three's are hard.

hmmm.

explosions in the sky in drummonds was pretty special

microphones/electric tibet in drakes

life without buildings/aereogramme in kef

i'm bound to change my mind sometimes soon. if i'd been at either fugazi or that crazy good godspeed line up then i'm sure they'd have made my top three.

honourable mentions should go to the charlatans gig when aberdeen beat motherwell 6-5 or something equally ridiculous and word slowly filtered through the crowd climaxing with an amazing version of sproston green and a very very happy aberdeen crowd with one exception, my motherwell supporting friend who looked very very sheepish. :)

also G.U Medicine in drakes, for great shit kicking rock seen by about 6 people. Public enemy, cause it's fucking public enemy in aberdeen boieeeee! Numerous Idlewild gigs, Radiohead/Dj Shadow at the exhibition centre and Dawn of the replicants in kef with foam rockets.