aberdeen-music

So...What's everyone reading at the moment?

Currently Reading:

System of the World by Neal Stephenson

Rebuilding the Matrix by Denis Alexander

The Mythical Man Month by Frederick Brooks

Also there are a bunch of books and textbooks I started reading and then got distracted and plan to go back to once I finish the current ones.

I started a previous thread about the book I'm reading' date=' Nothing by Paul Morley, it's great. Unbearable Lightness is EXTREMELY good isn't it! Still not seen the movie.[/quote']

Yeah from what I've read so far it is very very good. I wasn't aware of a film, I'll give it a watch once i've finished tha book.

i've just finished reading a load of raymond e feist books finishing with the kings buccanneer. good fantasy adventure stuff.

also reading a book about the american migration to the west along the oregon and california trails called wagons west. tis very good, but a little dry so i'm reading it in stages.

Ive been reading junk lately in an attempt to start enjoying books again as i felt they had become a little bit of a chore sometimes.

So i read 'All the Rage' by Ian 'Mac' McLagen.....was poorly written but had some great stories.

Then i read 'The Worst Jobs In History' by Tony Robinson, which was also a pretty enjoyable read.

Franz Kafka- The Complete Short Stories

-The Metamorphosis

- The Trial

Michael Ondaatje- Running in the Family

- The English Paitent

(in the middle of writing my dissertation on the two...)

I was going to buy some Kafka soon. What do you think of them, I was probably going to get The Trial first.

War Junkie by Jon Steele. It's a superb book about his experiences covering various wars for ITN and his subsequent spiral towards nervous breakdown. Read it a couple of times before and it's still great.

I'm also very slowly reading The Great War For Civilisation by Robert Fisk. But as it's massive (1000 odd pages and hardback) it's a bit cumbersome to read in bed or on the bog. And as that's where I do most of my reading I've not been able to build any momentum yet.

War Junkie by Jon Steele. It's a superb book about his experiences covering various wars for ITN and his subsequent spiral towards nervous breakdown. Read it a couple of times before and it's still great.

just ordered that as a wee present for my lady based on your review. sounds like just the kind of thing she'd like.

/x

I was going to buy some Kafka soon. What do you think of them' date=' I was probably going to get The Trial first.[/quote']

The Trial is good but I prefer Metamorphosis.

I started reading a book I bought for my mum for her birthday called Ghost Girl last night. It's pretty good. Can't remember off the top of my head who it's by. I just finished Hotel Babylon which was mildly entertaining but poorly written.

Need to start reading smart books again.