aberdeen-music

So who's Quitting

JaseyBoi

seems every smoker i talk to of late is stopping smoking this sunday... i know theres a another thread regarding the ban etc... i just wondered how many people on here are also going the way of quitting....

Im still not best pleased about the ban liksey but needs must and this seems the best time to be quitting......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work on a kiosk and the amount of people who've said they'll be quitting has been quite surprising. Not sure if I buy it. Even if they cut down a bit, that's a good thing. Nae really my business who smokes and who doesn't and I don't really care.

Smoke doesn't bother me that much when I'm out, apart from the smell and the croaky throat I get but I am looking forward to the ban. I'm all for smoking areas/rooms in pubs but then again you've still got the staff working in among it, yadda yadda.

At the end of the day, we could all argue 'til we're blue in the face but there's not much that can be done now.

I've talked about giving up for years' date=' but I'm intentionally not doing it just now cos I feel I'm being forced into it, and we still have human rights in this country dammit! It's my right to kill myself! :gringo:[/quote']

do it quickly then please, try the cliffs at cruden bay, I hear you'll still get life insrance because it looks like an accident...

I was going to quit this weekend but I've been asked to carry on for a few weeks to help my work's healthchallenge team in this years activitymix decathalon (we'll get more points if I quit as part of it). So not only will I be quitting I'll also be going on a diet and a big excercise binge for 8 weeks as well. I may die.

i just cant wait for my clothes to not smell of smoke.

its funny how many people have come into my work which is a brand new debenhams cafe which opened last week, and asked if there is a smoking section. what would be the point in that for one and a half weeks?

im not looking forward to going to clubs and stuff and having people trying to get in and out. its going to be choas. im glad i dont work in a club/pub anymore

But it tastes sooooo good.

Personally' date=' I think MacDonalds is a waste of money, makes your crap smell and damages health but I don't make you stand outside the shop to eat it.[/quote']

does smoke make you stupid too?....

seems like all the arguments the smokers give about "things being bad for you" forget that someone chewing on a burger, drinking alcohol, shooting up, fucking chickens...ok, not fucking chickens, that's a bad one...is all about the self, harming no one else, but, SMOKE, travels throught the air, into OTHER PEOPLE's LUNGS....

I've never been forced to eat someone else's second hand BURGER, or drink some Second hand BEER (nope, I've never played rugby).

does smoke make you stupid too?....

seems like all the arguments the smokers give about "things being bad for you" forget that someone chewing on a burger' date=' drinking alcohol, shooting up, fucking chickens...ok, not fucking chickens, that's a bad one...is all about the self, harming no one else, but, SMOKE, travels throught the air, into OTHER PEOPLE's LUNGS....

I've never been forced to eat someone else's second hand BURGER, or drink some Second hand BEER (nope, I've never played rugby).[/quote']

And non-smokers normally play the "Drinking alcohol doesn't harm anyone else" card.

Apart form that, I agree.

upon reading the various threads about smoking, i have come to the conclusion that non smokers are the biggest bunch of whingers this planet has ever seen. moan, moan, moan, moan. you've got your smoking ban but you can bet your bottom dollar it wont be enough. whats the betting a couple of months into the ban you'll be on here complaining about the amount of dog ends on the city pavements????

ex smokers who have quit i sympathize with, you know deep down your dying for a fag :)