aberdeen-music

So who's Quitting

JaseyBoi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in times of pure skintness i have been known to make new roll ups from the old ones in me ashtray and thats pretty damn minging i have to admit but i'd never pick up dog ends off the street. i hope plenty of ashtrays are going to be provided using ciggie smokes taxes, its a system that works pretty well in the republic of ireland, you dont see too many dog ends there

upon reading the various threads about smoking' date=' i have come to the conclusion that non smokers are the biggest bunch of whingers this planet has ever seen. [/quote']

appart from all the somkers moaning about having to stand outside...BLAH BLAH...

no one wins, why not all kill eachother, and leave the planet to the animals who seem to understand how nature works.

does smoke make you stupid too?....

seems like all the arguments the smokers give about "things being bad for you" forget that someone chewing on a burger' date=' drinking alcohol, shooting up, fucking chickens...ok, not fucking chickens, that's a bad one...is all about the self, harming no one else, but, SMOKE, travels throught the air, into OTHER PEOPLE's LUNGS....

I've never been forced to eat someone else's second hand BURGER, or drink some Second hand BEER (nope, I've never played rugby).[/quote']

Driving a car affects other peoples lungs. I don't jump on the 'Get out and fucking walk' bandwagon.

he he, the tax moan, from a smoker...

sorry, I just replied with a "smoker moaning about tax moan, moan" so I guess us non smokers are the whinging cunts of the world.

sorry.

ps, ever tried getting to Edinburgh on a cigarrette ?

it breaks down before stonehaven.

he he' date=' the tax moan, from a smoker...

sorry, I just replied with a "smoker moaning about tax moan, moan" so I guess us non smokers are the whinging cunts of the world.

sorry.

ps, ever tried getting to Edinburgh on a cigarrette ?

it breaks down before stonehaven.[/quote']

It wasn't a moan, it was a statement of fact. I pay more tax, I want more service.

You smoke so you will probably need more treatment from the NHS. Wether you should be entitled or not.

Exactly, the treatment of smoking related illnesses bear a heavy burden on the nhs - therefore, you should pay more tax! It certainly does not entitle you to more treatment then anyone else.

On a similar note, perhaps junk food should carry more tax as well due to its contribution towards heart disease and obesity...................just a thought!

You smoke so you will probably need more treatment from the NHS. Wether you should be entitled or not.

noooo!......don't go there!...that's the smokers "favourite argument"....

they apparently pay more tax to the NHS than they get back, some numbers that have been banded around are "10x"...

well, I've been paying tax for 15 years, and I've never used the NHS, but you don't see me moani...sorry, stating that fact.

I just read a bit in the Daily Express saying that Aberdeen Council will order pensioners to not light up a cigarette at least an hour before the arrival of a care worker.

Absolutely unbelivable. Another great message sent out to the elderly, especially war veterans... 'Yeh it was fine for you to risk your own life to protect other peoples lives during the war, but make sure you don't smoke AN HOUR before there's a care worker round incase it affects them'.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
On a similar note' date=' perhaps junk food should carry more tax as well due to its contribution towards heart disease and obesity...................just a thought![/quote']

A bloody good thought as well. I love it when fat people lecture smokers about endangering their health, without a trace of self-awareness.

Guest Bob Double Jack

my opinion:

smoking ban - good thing. .

other side of coin - 10 years down line, everyones tax will be right up to fund NHS, cos less money coming from smokers. Smokers will then be blamed for this for stopping smoking in the first place. Then, car owners will be told to stop driving, as this is endangering people. Cue driving ban in city bars / pubs / clubs.

The OAP one that was in Thursday's Evening is a disgrace - it is an OAP smokers right to smoke in his/her own house. Provide care workers with some sort of mask, that;s what say. Swingin' Ryans point is the best one made IMO.

I just read a bit in the Daily Express saying that Aberdeen Council will order pensioners to not light up a cigarette at least an hour before the arrival of a care worker.

Absolutely unbelivable. Another great message sent out to the elderly' date=' especially war veterans... 'Yeh it was fine for you to risk your own life to protect other peoples lives during the war, but make sure you don't smoke AN HOUR before there's a care worker round incase it affects them'.[/quote']

Bloody hell....I didnt ever think id see the "fought in the war" card come out on here...:up:

Oh and council workers who get paid mileage to use their own cars, like carers etc, cant smoke in their car while working.

my opinion:

smoking ban - good thing. .

other side of coin - 10 years down line' date=' everyones tax will be right up to fund NHS, cos less money coming from smokers. Smokers will then be blamed for this for stopping smoking in the first place. Then, car owners will be told to stop driving, as this is endangering people. Cue driving ban in city bars / pubs / clubs.

The OAP one that was in Thursday's Evening is a disgrace - it is an OAP smokers right to smoke in his/her own house. Provide care workers with some sort of mask, that;s what say. Swingin' Ryans point is the best one made IMO.[/quote']

I cant help feeling that the care workers ability to perform their duty might be hampered by wearing a respirator.....o_O

smoking is a choice and an addiction

i smoke' date=' wont stop unless i want to

your bans and adverts will not push me

(i choke my lungs up at you)[/quote']

Hey knock yourself out, oh and I didnt ban anything nor have I advertised anything liable to push you into doing anything against your will....just thought I'd clear that up.

right guys enough of this please. there's already been threads discussing the various merits of a smoking ban and they just went round and round in circles. please stick to the topic and just discuss if you're quitting and how you're quitting.

One thing I did wander when the smoking ban kicks in... What will bars smell like?

At the moment you go into a bar and it uniformly smells of smoke, and thats that, but if smoking is banned, the cloud of stale smoke will eventually lift away and leave us with what? the smell of spilt drinks and sweaty people? Excellent.

David