aberdeen-music

So who's Quitting

JaseyBoi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to quit this weekend but I've been asked to carry on for a few weeks to help my work's healthchallenge team in this years activitymix decathalon (we'll get more points if I quit as part of it). So not only will I be quitting I'll also be going on a diet and a big excercise binge for 8 weeks as well. I may die.

In all seriousness, if you can keep it up, and don't go overboard I can almost guarantee you'll be glad you did. Find a form of exercise you enjoy (or at least don't hate) and give yourself a target. You don't have to do much, as long as you do it regularly. Make it your new habit. 500 calories less per day will lose you a pound a week - that's one rowie less, and a 20 min walk per day. Ramp that up even a little bit and in your 8 weeks you could easily lose a stone with very little effort.

Don't go too much by weight though, depending what exercise you do you could gain muscle mass, which weighs more. Check for your body shape changing. And muscle actually burns calories even at rest. This is why exercise works better than dieting.

Since I started running I've lost a stone and a half, and my body is a totally different shape. More importantly though I feel a lot different - more confident, more positive and I have far more energy. That surprised me, tbh. I'm still not Captain Fitness by any means, but I feel a helluva lot better. It's quite a buzz. Good luck.

One thing I did wander when the smoking ban kicks in... What will bars smell like?

At the moment you go into a bar and it uniformly smells of smoke' date=' and thats that, but if smoking is banned, the cloud of stale smoke will eventually lift away and leave us with what? the smell of spilt drinks and sweaty people? Excellent.

David[/quote']

he he, I love that argument too...

yeah, like being given the choice of eating shite, and having to drink sick...

at least one bad smell is out the way? nes pas?

even though i quit in august and am now totally against the filthy habit' date=' one valid point for the smokers is that they pretty much support the NHS with all the tax they pay on fags...[/quote']

do smokers get a special newsletter, telling them that the tax, specifically on fags, all goes to the NHS?....

"hey, browno, that's fag money, no spendin' it on the war, put it straight into the NHS, where it belongs"...

I was thinking about quitting, then i realised i will be spending alot of time in unbanned countries this year and when im in bars i would like people from other places to know i am cool from 50 yards....

In all seriousness, im not quitting, i want to, but i do enjoy it too much, SEND ME TO HELL NOW

and i am gonna smoke like a champion tonight.

million dead said:

Stop trying to pretend that you are going to stop – you’re either a smoker or you’re not. You will keep on smoking for the rest of your life, and then you’ll get cancer and then you’ll die. I can stop whenever I please and anyway, I’m immune to emphysema and heart disease. My diary says tomorrow is the day I quit and I’m going to stick with that. Little itches need no stitches but they bury you – if you keep on scratching you’ll go right through. Whiskey for the amputee is just the thing to ease the sting. I’ll work my way down to the end of this pack, and then I’m leaving this place and I’m never coming back again. I’ve got a list of things to get round to. I’ve got a list of all the things I shouldn’t do. I know it by heart, I’ve got the damn thing in my pocket, but despite myself it’s the middle of the night and I am round at your house again, trying to pretend that I am going to stop. I’m either a smoker or I’m not… You will keep on smoking for the rest of my life, and don’t I know it: my favourite fatal weakness. I’ll work my way down to the end of this pack, and then I’ll leave this place and I’m never coming back. I’ll see you around, somewhere in town, or next time I’m down, probably right here.

completly irrelivant post. BYE/