aberdeen-music

Immigrants, Not Briton's, Must Adapt

Guest Savant

Guest Savant

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up

Xmas lights.

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let

a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

After hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where a boy was told

that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa,

Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others !

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen, published in a

British tabloid newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITON'S, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of

this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or

their

culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge

in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the dust from the attacks

has barely settled and the politically correct" crowd begin complaining

about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is

seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things

that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born

here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural

community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national

identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own

language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over

centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and

women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese,

Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if

you

wish to become part of our society, Learn the language!

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really

don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR

LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy

all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our

Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage

you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO

LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then please go somewhere else We didn't force you

to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will

also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please. No

matter how many times you receive it... please forward it to all you know.

This was sent to me in an email. Thoughts?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Savant
I think you shpuld stop copying and pasting emails containing unsubstantiated and unproven claims into chat forums or people may think you're a neo-nazi.

Oh fuck off.

This is the only piece of the article I agree with:

that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa' date='

Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others ![/quote']

I think that's a total joke - if you're English you should be allowed to wear an England top. We have a similar idea in Northern Ireland where you aren't allowed to wear Northern Ireland/ROI football tops in schools, gyms, pubs etc for fear of sectarian offence. Understandable I guess but I still think if both parties wear whatever the fuck they want then no one should take offence. It's not like by wearing a Northern Ireland top I'm saying 'fuck all catholics', just like it's not like wearing an England top is saying 'fuck all muslims' (or similar).

The rest of the article is a bit much. The whole 'learn our language' bit only pisses me off when you order something in a restaurant and they don't understand what you just said. That annoys me. Aside from public service, speak whatever fucking language you want, its a free country.

This next bit is absolute shit:

This idea of London being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle....This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR

LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE....

I'd have a wild shot in the dark and guess that was printed in the Daily Mail? It's hardly diluting our national identity is it though? If anything it paints the British to be a compassionate and accepting nation; which if you think about it, is surely a good thing?

Mike

Oh fuck off.

where should i fuck off to? I can speak English so I obviously pass the criteria setin the email for staying here.

i'm not entirely sure what your opinion is of the tirade - do you agree with it? Disagree?

and can you, or the sender, show first hand proof of the "National newspaper" it was published in?

what about the other claims - the football strip, etc - can you show the sources of these claims so we can at least engage in some reasonable debate?

"But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life"

What Pledge? What National Motto?

It's quite blatantly a cut n paste job from an American diatribe, probably from the right-wing masquerading as the sensible views of the ordinary citizen.

There's quite a good response here -

http://redbaron.blog-city.com/cyber_neofascism.htm

Guest Savant

i'm not entirely sure what your opinion is of the tirade - do you agree with it? Disagree?

My opinion of the statement is that it raises some valid points (hence the reason for posting it) yet it does sound like something a right wing party would circulate to perhaps try and invoke their feelings into the general public.

and can you' date=' or the sender, show first hand proof of the "National newspaper" it was published in?

what about the other claims - the football strip, etc - can you show the sources of these claims so we can at least engage in some reasonable debate?[/quote']

No, I cannot show first-hand proof that the letter was published in any newspaper. As I stated in my original post, it was taken from an email sent to me. Besides, the point of the post is to see what peoples views on the statement are, not to ascertain whether it was actually published.

If you want to engage in some sort of reasonable debate, then I invite you to post a reasonable response instead of insinuating that I may be a Neo Nazi.

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up

Xmas lights.

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let

a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa' date='

Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others !

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen, published in a

British tabloid newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITON'S, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of

this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or

their

culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge

in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the dust from the attacks

has barely settled and the politically correct" crowd begin complaining

about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is

seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things

that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born

here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural

identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own

language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over

women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese,

you

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really

don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR

LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy

all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our

Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage

you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO

LEAVE".

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will

also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please. No

matter how many times you receive it... please forward it to all you know.

This was sent to me in an email. Thoughts?[/quote']

I agree with all of this 100%. I have NOTHING against other races immigrating, but I have EVERYTHING against inverse racism and the lark. I'm not saying every immigrant kicks up a fuss, but there are some who do, and it pisses me off! I've seen examples of it personally, so this isn't an unfounded opinion. I don't see this article as facist or racist either. The writer of the article is NOT giving the finger to all immigrants, just those who come here, live off our system, raise children here, only to bomb us / go to war against us / disrespect our culture. I think it's fair dues. Inverse racism is every bit as shit as racism and should be taken in the same serious note.

(end of rant)

Andy xx

yea it's an american right-wing diatribe which has been posted on here before and is doing the rounds as a genuine letter published by the british press. total nonsense. honestly, if you're suckered in by this garbage then you don't deserve a brain.

incidentally as has been shown time and time again, scotland has a declining population and a distinct lack of skilled labour. scotland needs immigration and the people of scotland have helped define and build many great countries around the world by emigrating there and putting their skills and knowledge to good use. it's a non-argument as far as i'm concerned and it's solely used to further dodgy right-wing agenda's by using fear and intimidation.

We speak ENGLISH' date=' not Spanish, Lebanese,

you

[/quote']

I've had this argument thrown at me by people who are against immigration. but the people who say this to me go on holiday to spain every year without learning on single word of spanish.

In fact, i genuinley did have someone trying to convince me that immigrants should be forced to learn english before they are allowed in the country then IN THE SAME SENTENCE calling a Spanish waiter, while in SPAIN, stupid for not understanding him.

?(

Guest Savant
I've had this argument thrown at me by people who are against immigration. but the people who say this to me go on holiday to spain every year without learning on single word of spanish.

Yeah but there's a difference between going on holiday and immigrating.

id be interested to know what you think of me then...

im living and working in xinjiang, china right now - china's poorest province. im teaching english, and before i came here i spoke absolutely no chinese what so ever. do you think i should have had to learn the language fluently (a very difficult task in britain) before i came here?

i think its total bollocks to expect someone to speak a language before they emigrate to a different country. one of the main purposes expats in particular travel to different countries is to learn the language in the due course of living there.

cant even be bothered commenting on the rest of it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I agree with all of this 100%. I have NOTHING against other races immigrating' date=' but I have EVERYTHING against inverse racism and the lark. I'm not saying every immigrant kicks up a fuss, but there are some who do, and it pisses me off! I've seen examples of it personally, so this isn't an unfounded opinion. I don't see this article as facist or racist either. The writer of the article is NOT giving the finger to all immigrants, just those who come here, live off our system, raise children here, only to bomb us / go to war against us / disrespect our culture. I think it's fair dues. Inverse racism is every bit as shit as racism and should be taken in the same serious note.[/quote']

Yeah, and all Brits are as pure as the fucking driven snow, aren't they? There's so much shite in your post that I'm not sure where to even begin, but I will say one thing.

We only tend to get bombed when "our boys" have been doing the bombing elsewhere beforehand.

here' date=' need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural

identity. [/quote']

That part is particularly disturbing. Youth Gone Wild, are you off your head?

This culture has been developed over

women who have sought freedom.

And some "wars" have pushed this country backwards.

Yep, there is only one country in this world:rolleyes:

ok, ill say something now.

I think everyone is entitled to come here the same way as we go to other places. But I also dont think we should be so politically correct about everything. If i went to live in another country I wouldnt want them to change their customs or traditions so they wouldnt offend me.

There are some extremelly rude people like the ones Mathew mentioned, and a lot of bigots out there. I'd like to say im not one. The only part of the article i agree with is about the political correctness gone made. No one should be forced to "adapt" I think the problem lies with our local councils trying to impose these stupid new names for festivals as all it helps to do is give bigots more fuel to attack minorites.

I agree with all of this 100%. I have NOTHING against other races immigrating' date=' but I have EVERYTHING against inverse racism and the lark. I'm not saying every immigrant kicks up a fuss, but there are some who do, and it pisses me off! I've seen examples of it personally, so this isn't an unfounded opinion. I don't see this article as facist or racist either. The writer of the article is NOT giving the finger to all immigrants, just those who come here, live off our system, raise children here, only to bomb us / go to war against us / disrespect our culture. I think it's fair dues. Inverse racism is every bit as shit as racism and should be taken in the same serious note.

(end of rant)

Andy xx[/quote']

You're clearly some kind of mental defective, I can't imagine how awkward it is for you to try and hide that at those big Klan meets.

I mean really.....you're the sort of person that believes that a non-Christian community would be bothered about "Christmas lights", aren't you? Remarkable.