-have physical contact with any strangers

-mosh

-shriek when the lights go down

-shriek with excitement at the predictable encore

imho.

AKM

So they can ........ stand

thank fuck you don't make rules for gigs

Now wonder alot of bands don't want to come to Aberdeen cause they know it will beequivilient to playing to a morgue but with less movement. :down:

WoW WoW you coughed while a band was playing lets lynch the bastard

people go to gigs to have fun simple as you do your thing and let them do there thing ok dollface?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now wonder alot of bands don't want to come to Aberdeen cause they know it will beequivilient to playing to a morgue but with less movement. :down:

people go to gigs to have fun simple as you do your thing and let them do there thing ok dollface?

damm straight you tell 'em. A band wants to see their crowd havin a good time not standing around like they could all be doin somethin else :partyboy:

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

dunce.gif

Now this probably doesn't happen with most of the bands people on here would go to see, but at Good Charlotte gigs, the thing which annoys me most is the manner in which the pre-pubescent girls scream as soon as they see a member of the band. I never understood the screaming. Actually, it seems to happen when certain drunk girls see their friends as well. It's quite piercing and unpleasant.

one thing that pisses me off at gigs is the volume levels, drop the volume down a little, it would keep my ears healthier (i wear earplugs to all the gigs i go to now after being very pissed off with ringing ears after every gig) and let you hear the music clearer

it wouldnt need to be too much, there is a point of volume where it is still loud, but not ear destroyingly loud

and smoking, i hate it at the best of times, but smoking while standing in a busy crowd? yeah smoke all you like (i may hate it but its not illegal yet) when standing at the back where everyone is just watching, but having a fag haninging out your mouth when wandering through the busy more enthusiastic crowd? just a matter of time before some unlucky person gets the lit end jabbed into them...

tall people and so on, yeah it is fucking annoyig when someone moves into the crowd and stand right infront of you where they can block as much of your view as possible, but yes, a few steps either way can usually fix the problem, but please do try and be nice to other people, if i have gone for a drink i will usually try not to stand right infront of someone and block their view

singing and so on, as long as they arent singing right in your ear its easy enough to just listen to the music and block them out, the volumes are loud enough...

talking to people at gigs, yeah, a bit silly when a band is playing (apart from the normal recognition of friends or sorrys or whatever) but during a break at the bar or whatever, its just being sociable and polite, i quite like talking to all the odd people you meet, talking about the band that just played or whatever else you like, just being friendly and nice, sure if you want to be an unsociable bastard, your choice, just be polite and make some excuse...

David

i've not been to any gigs in a while but i usually stand at the back or middle kind of area, even at big gigs unless i'm totally in love with the band and feel a desperate need to be right at the front (then i turn up hours early) this solves the problem of tall people because i am far enough back to see and to be honest there will never be a problem of hearing a band they are normally a lot louder than anyone standing beside you but i cannot tolerate pushing or hitting or if you let people walk in front of you and so they stop slap bang in front of you (cheek)

yea the whole booing support bands is not coool whatsoever. there are several options here. if there. please be polite enough to give them your time of day or if gunna just ignore and talk all way through do so at the back of the venue (and not in my ear). another alternative is just turning up late so miss them altogether. and at bigger gigs just go to the bar and ignore at a distance and talk socially there. pity most ignore all these possiblities and get bored of watching band they dont like and start having convo bout last nights convo at volume to be heard over the band :(

1. Tall people

2. People who try and intimidate you into moving by deliberately elbowing etc - I had one girl at a recent gig who kept scraping me on purpose with her studded wristband so she could try and shove me out of the way. Also the two fat drunken bastards who stood behind me at the Beck gig talking loudly about punching me in the back of the head and the like - one of the pricks later squared up to me after he thumped a girl who wouldn't get out the way and I stepped in - good job a bouncer turfed him out at that point :help::D

3. People who go to gigs and spend the entire time waving their mobile in the general direction of the stage in order to snap shit quality videos/stills or broadcast it to their mate who couldn't come. Bad enough when some jammy tall bastard stands in front of you but when he/she then further blocks the view with the mobile aaaargghh! :swearing:

4. Moshers - look, just fuck off will you. I like to jump about at gigs as much as the next person but there's a limit. Go take up boxing or some ultra violent martial art if you like kicking the shit out of people so much.

stay away from the pit then....simple no?

A combination of respect from the people who want to dance and respect from the people who want to watch is required to make gigs good. Although a lot of people seem to forget this.

Another thing I hate. Booing the support band. It is a complete lack of respect.

Classic example was F4AF at the Iron Maiden gig. I don't like them' date=' but I clapped after every song, rather than shoot them down and chuck stuff at them[/quote']

Yeah that did my nut in. Playing to a maiden crowd is an unenvyable task at the best of times, but i thought FFAF dealt with it really well, the vocalist was kinda funny about it, pocketing the change that'd been thrown at him etc, good show.

Its still crap tho.

Some people deserve it, like Puddle of Mudd at the Korn gig a few years back, but they were really arsey about it and evoked the crowd, the bass player even spat on the crowd, one definite way to not win over a headlining crowd.

one thing that pisses me off at gigs is the volume levels' date=' drop the volume down a little, it would keep my ears healthier (i wear earplugs to all the gigs i go to now after being very pissed off with ringing ears after every gig) and let you hear the music clearer

it wouldnt need to be too much, there is a point of volume where it is still loud, but not ear destroyingly loud

[/quote']

I started wearing earplugs to gigs after Mogwai destroyed my hearing in 1997. It's better than having quiet gigs because the background noise gets drowned out and you can still feel the volume in your body.

My all time gig hates are: people

Guest bluesxman

Alabama 3 gig last night had a multitude of annoying people. I got into an argument with some blonde chavette when I inadvertently stood in front of her and her mate. The place was so busy it was hard to find a spot where you weren't behind someone taller than you. Her classic comment was 'If I wanted to nae see I could have stayed hame and listened to the CD and got potted up'. Second most annoying person was drunk guy with an afro who insisted on hauling his even drunker bird into the crowd beside him (and unfortunately beside us) where she proceeded to 'dance' by flailing about bumping into everyone. Ended up moving towards the back before the urge to kill became too great. Good music though.

Guest DustyDeviada
Mind you' date=' Dusty Deviada and myself were the youngest by at least 2o years when we were in CBGBs in Summer.

But we weren't moshing :rockon:[/quote']

Hey, I wanted to.

I actually think that the folks in CBGBs weren't actually that old, it was just the effects of long term drug abuse.