aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dons played some good football yesterday, struggled in the final third though as Stewart doesn't really bring anything to the team! Nicholson and Smith were quality, Smiths a strong guy for being a wee shit, even Dempsey looked good yesterday. Need another striker though. It was another good day out, away support is excellent is usual, pity the scumdee police have to be such assholes!

i never saw the highlights, but big J was happy with the way we played football. He's still trying to get another striker in. lets hope its someone decent and not a load of old guff. a load deal looks to be the obvious choice as i doubt there's much left in the transfer kitty

willie miller says 2 more players are going to be signed but no money are getting spent on them. a new striker and a new defender. so it looks like a striker on loan and a defender for free probably. griffin or mcstay maybe? both free and we have been interested. i would be glad to sign them as it adds depth at the back which we kinda lack but if we dont get them i couldnt give 2 hoops.

was also at the game yesterday. Smith and Nicholson were quality, and im sure when Lovell's fit he'll be awesome up front, so all signings looking great. Would agree we need another striker of a decent level, and another defender so Considine isnt forced to cover at such a young age (saying that, he looked good the other day, and the same age as big Zander was when he broke into the team).

Did a Sun dream team on Saturday, phoned in the nick of time. So tough this year with only 15m to spend and the likes of Hartson being 6m etc. I tried to go for guys that play regularly and score goals. Last year I loaded my defence with OF defenders, but they're too expensive this year. Here's my team:

Esson - Aberdeen

Byrne - Aberdeen

Wilson - Dun Utd

Varga - Celtic

Neilson - Hearts

Buffel - Rangers

Hartley - Hearts

Foran - Motherwell

Lovell - Aberdeen

McDonald - Motherwell

Miller - Dun Utd

The pricing of players is hilarious, it's obviously some wee ned journalist in Glasgow, who's been given a clean slate, and has no clue about football. The likes of Neil Lennon being 3m is an absolute joke! Although I suppose if you put him in your team, you don't deserve to do well in fantasy football!!!!!!!!

Esson - Aberdeen

Byrne - Aberdeen

Wilson - Dun Utd

Varga - Celtic

Neilson - Hearts

Buffel - Rangers

Hartley - Hearts

Foran - Motherwell

Lovell - Aberdeen

McDonald - Motherwell

Miller - Dun Utd

take out neilson and varga, apart from then you have a decent team there.

how much were varga and neilson by the way?? and name some other defenders of the similia price.

What i want to know is why Calderwood started Stewart up front when Steven Craig (who is far better) sat on the bench?

And why sell Preece when he is obviously better than Esson?

Personally i think Jimmy just doesnt like these two guys.

Preece is way better than Langfield and Esson, although I wouldn't remove esson just yet because I think he will get better.

I think Rangers will be a tough team to beat, but it's about time we got one or two over them. Celtic willl be easy pickings unless they sort out their defence so I don't see no reason how the old firm can be split.

Hearts are looking strong, I think the Hibees' bubble will burst. If the Dons can get in another proven goal scorer, they could at least take a few points off the Old Firm, as will Hearts.

Prediction: Champions - Rangers :down: Hearts, Celtic, Dons fight it out for second place. :D

I hope Celtic's disatorous form continues, but usually when one of the Old Firm are in "crisis" they can just splash the cash to solve the problem. Would be utterly ideal if they were still leaking goals past the transfer window, and give me genuine hope that someone (us!!) could split the old firm, still think we're a couple of seasons away from seeing that though.

Knowing our luck Celtic will buck up right before they face us like.

im unsure about hearts. i mean they are looking quite good but hopefully burley gets fucked off and leaves, and this fuckd up the spirit in the team or something like that. fuck knows. hibs arent going to be as good as last season. aberdeen, celtic and hearts battling for 2nd.

I hope Celtic's disatorous form continues' date=' but usually when one of the Old Firm are in "crisis" they can just splash the cash to solve the problem. Would be utterly ideal if they were still leaking goals past the transfer window, and give me genuine hope that someone (us!!) could split the old firm, still think we're a couple of seasons away from seeing that though.

Knowing our luck Celtic will buck up right before they face us like.[/quote']

Probably....cunts :swearing: