aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

Nominations for quote of the season anyone? Here's mine:

yeah' date=' well you'll soon be put in your fucking place, your a second rate team at the very, very best.....anyone who suggests Hearts will win the league or split the old firm is frankly moronic[/quote']

Ho ho!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agent McLeish: Your job is done' date=' return home with immediate effect.

:D:D:D[/quote']

On another note - anyone else notice that Stephen 'Beckham' Payne has just joined Stranraer from QOS?

Legend.

Caley have only been in existence for 11 years' date=' that isn't long enough for us to have these same emotional ties. Maybe one day Iain Stewart will manage us, or Charlie Christie will make the step up.[/quote']

Psychic!!

I'm a bit sad for Caley aswell. Do you think Brewster will be able to motivate those underachieving nobodies at United?

Hahaha 1 win in 16!!!

Well I'd rather shag a sheep than shag a child!
Sage like advice: If it ain't broke' date=' don't Rix it.[/quote']

Anderson will be a Hearts player before the end of the transfer window).

Haha, quote of the season.

PS. haha that Christy quote about Stephen Payne is amazing. I adopted him as my favourite player for a few weeks, then when my step-dad had hospitality he got drunk and was ramblingon to him about how he was my favourite player. Ha i think he was a bit scared really.

Yas min, a mention.

Scotland's First Division clubs are meeting on Friday evening to thrash a way out of a financial crisis' date=' with some pressing for a breakaway league.

Livingston, Hamilton, Clyde, Airdrie, Dundee and Ross County are thought to be complaining of a lack of direction by the Scottish Football League.

Second Division Partick Thistle and Morton are watching developments.

Bell's sponsorship of the Scottish Football League is ending and, as yet, there is no replacement.

The First Division meeting at Clyde's Broadwood Stadium will consider among the options a proposal for a 12-team breakaway league below the Scottish Premier League.

It is believed that up to eight of the present 10 Division One clubs are open to the breakaway idea.

There are claims that a sponsor would be forthcoming, with possible coverage by Setanta, which already covers the SPL.

The broadcaster could also be interested in an Anglo-Irish Cup.

Backers of the plan would hope to persuade the SPL to allow a two-up, two-down system of relegation, with play-offs.

It might also be a requirement for entry for each club to have a full-time set-up.[/quote']

Interesting...

By the looks of things, Caley WILL be in the Intertoto cup. As Odense have beaten Aarhus 2-0 to get a UEFA cup spot, which means their Intertoto place will go to us- in theory.

I've read that since we'll have to charter a plane to take our team over to wherever, the club will sell the remaining seats on the plane to fans. I'll give Darren Dods my window seat.

• 3 months later...

wasn't on the bus to dyce/bucksburn was it?

happened to me as well around the same time.

thought i was gonna get kicked-in by this guy called 'horse' he's a big hun

anyone see the 'stand free' at the haudagin roundabout? i just seen it for the first time the other day and damn i was proud...he he

we might be lucky tomorrow but i can see it being a score draw. hopefully no defeat

come on you reds!

• 1 month later...

The goal looked great on scotsport later on. If I didn't have band practice last night I'd have gone along. Anyway it was a great result, too many times we've failed to take our chance when other results have gone our way so I'm chuffed we managed to get the points last night. Only 1 behind the huns now!

2 great goals last night.

Deserved to win.

Hibs were kicking lumps out of dons players.

2 stonewall penalties denied too.

We NEVER get penalties.

We'd only miss them! I didn't think that we had any solid penalty shouts until I saw the highlights later (bloody STV making me stay up till half midnight on a Monday :swearing: ). I thought the ref was generally a bit whistle-happy but he missed those.

I thought Hart was our MOTM. Ricardo Fosterelli did well to keep Sproule quiet too. Dempsey is showing good form also. 3 players who have had the boo boy treatment all coming good! Maybe if we all start booing Mackie he will realise he has nothing to be cocky about and will either put in a bit of effort in training and on the pitch or retire from football altogether to become an amateur sprinter.

MaGuire looks promising (although I've said that before about young dons).

What a relief Seve took a ping, and what a goal it was too! Makes it all worthwhile! :]

Thoughts on Chris Clark? I say flatters to deceive, my bro says important player.

I'm going to disagree with both of you. I quite like both Clark and Mackie (I believe if he got more service he'd start scoring more goals). Although Clark is much better on the wing than in other positions, as for him not skinning anyone he was going past Utd player for fun the other week (mind you so were the rest of the team). Mackie always seems to put a lot of effort in and make a nuisance of himself, he's been involved in a lot of goals this season even if he hasn't scored them himself.

But then I haven't actually seen much football so far this year, so maybe you guys are seeing bad performances that I'm not.

I agree about Chris MaGuire though, he looked pretty useful when he came on against Utd the other week and was unlucky to have his goal disallowed. Hope he gets a good chance in the next year or so.

I'm not saying Clark isn't a decent player. But when you compare him to someone like Jamie Smith, there really is no competition.

Mackie doesn't score enough goals. He had one good season, but half his goals then were penalties. He needs to work on his game. I agree he is a handfull to mark and puts in a good shift, but we need more end product from him.

Hopefully Maguire will be a good player, looks full or promise. We shall see.

Mackie's first touch lets him down all the time. I don't know why we insist on lumping high balls to him all day when he's no use in an aerial challenge. His finishing isn't up to scratch either. His passes were all over the place last night though and he was, in my eyes, pure crap. Calderwood obviously sees something in him to play him every week and I would hope that JC knows more about football than me! Maybe it's the running off the ball and all these subtle parts he plays in the build up that my untrained eyes aren't seeing. I want composure and goals from my strikers.

Agree with Johnny Mac on Clark, for all his running and apparent industry he hardly beat Whittaker all night. One good ball whipped in (which Barry Nic should definately have tucked away) and then that penalty shout in the second half were the only constructive things that he did.

I missed the Utd game however so maybe he did play well in that one (the shine disappearing off that one a bit when you saw nearly 40 year old Latapy and some other Falkirk player running rings around them at the weekend)