aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like being sponsored at all' date=' but if we HAVE to be, for financial reasons, then I just wish it wasn't by 'tubulars'. Just think of the opportunities for opposing fans!!![/quote']

I know what you're saying - Barca will always have the best strip as it's not tarnished by any sponsor.

But we really do need to have a sponsor - It generates so much hard cash and, unlike other factors, isn't performance - related. So, although I don't agree with having the strip decorated, it's a neccesary evil. If we get beaten by Celtic and Killie win on Sunday we will lose a packet from not finishing in fifth - It may be because of our inability to win games and early exits from both cups that we find ourselves needing an extra sponsor for our shorts just to keep up with the other clubs and strengthen the squad.

I've been saying for many years Aberdeen FC should be working with more oil companies which could mutaly benefit both parties. This is a step in the right direction I hope.

And the more i look at the new strip, the more I like it!

Guest DustyDeviada
I can understand that we get a star for the Uefa Cup winners cup' date=' but a star on the strip for the European Super Cup, thats pushing it a bit!

[/quote']

Fair enough I say, a European trophy gets you a star, end of.

The real shysters are the huns with their 5 stars. That's just a load of crap.

I'm not sure about the kit. I hate the stupid collar for a start. It looks a lot naddier when you see it on a person.

fullkit.jpg

homekit.jpg

And as for the huns - well you know, we get stars for our Euro cups, Celtic get a star for their Euro cup, but the huns have to go and ruin the party.

Guest DustyDeviada

And as for the huns - well you know' date=' we get stars for our Euro cups, Celtic get a star for their Euro cup, but the huns have to go and ruin the party.[/quote']

Yes, they bring the whole star system into disrepute.

Yes' date=' they bring the whole star system into disrepute.[/quote']

You'll notice the same at the World Cup - The Brazils, Argentinas, Frances, Englands etc will have stars on their shirts for each world cup they've won. Then the likes of Cameroon and Tunisia will turn up with like 15 stars to commemorate African Cups and all manner of shitty regional tournaments.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Amazing how you turn it on after making sure you stay up. Arabs on Tuesday' date=' if all goes well we could finish in the dizzy heights of 9th place.[/quote']

And so it proved! 9th place will do nicely after all I've suffered this season.

Arkwright's Morning Noon and Shite XI 0-1 Dunfermline

Peach of a goal it was too, beating Inverness would mean a 9th place finish, which I'd be more than happy with.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
May i be the first to congratulate and thank Jake for sticking it to Brewster with a 1-0 nil win. I promise we will lay down to you boys next weekend to ensure you finish above them.

Brewster's record at Scumdee Utd is getting more laughable by the day!!

Ta very much, always a pleasure to stick it to an ex-player. Brewster's had, what, one win so far? That's even worse than us, Arkwright must be tearing his hair out.

Guest neil ex
Yep. 'cos even if I wasn't a Hearts fan' date=' I'd say the best thing that could possibly happen for Scottish football would be for the Old Firm 1st and 2nd place thing to remain ad nauseum. Would be terrible if the league was in any way interesting...[/quote']

Congrats and of course I think it's great that you split the Old Firm :up:, but while there was still a chance of Aberdeen getting into Europe at the expense of Hearts gaining second place, I wanted that to happen firstly.

Congrats and of course I think it's great that you split the Old Firm :up:' date=' but while there was still a chance of Aberdeen getting into Europe at the expense of Hearts gaining second place, I wanted that to happen firstly.[/quote']

I might be one of these small minded idiots that I keep reading about in the Daily Record, but I am happier for the huns to miss out on the Champions League and us not to get into Europe, than have those scumbags finish second.

Guest neil ex

My predictions

'famous ICT' 1-1 Has beens

Steelmen 3-1 Morning Noon and Shite

European Champions 0-2 Sellick :p

Huns 2-1 Second placed winners

Fakirk 1-0 First Division side

HIVs 2-2 Best Pies

Congrats and of course I think it's great that you split the Old Firm :up:' date=' but while there was still a chance of Aberdeen getting into Europe at the expense of Hearts gaining second place, I wanted that to happen firstly.[/quote']

To be honest it was th mini-Huns shit that pissed me off, 'cos I hate them as much as anyone (as does every jambo I know).

Guest neil ex
To be honest it was th mini-Huns shit that pissed me off' date=' 'cos I hate them as much as anyone (as does every jambo I know).[/quote']

Just a bit of banter min. So who you supporting towmorrow? :p

(just joking)

Guest neil ex
Predictions

Caley 1- Dunfermline 1

Motherwell 2- Scumdee Utd 1

Dons 0 Celtic 2

Hearts 2 Rangers 3

Falkirk 3 Liv 1

Hibs 0 Killie 0

That'll be me one up on the predictions.

One up on Paterson, yet again!

Guest neil ex
Apparently our travelling support are planning on taking newspapers and sitting reading them during the game. Would be very funny. Also' date=' expect many choruses of "You're Simply Third Best".[/quote']

Anything to wind up the huns! :up:

despite the good result today, we finished in 6th, yet im still confident for next season.

we've been back to our best since the new year and put in some really decent performances which bodes well for next season.

however the thing that makes me feel the most optimistic is that the youngsters who came on today were outstanding. Considine was immense, as was McCauley. When Donald came on he looked solid and Stewart played much better in an out and out strikers role.

chris maguire changed the game though. hard to believe hes only 17, had so much confidence for a young boy to make his home debut to celtic while 2-0 down. his ball to stewart for the first goal was brilliant. hope he plays a bigger part in next season.

Yeah Maguire and Mcauly (sp) i thought were great today. Was a bit of a startling comeback, and 2 from budgie whats all that about. Me and my step-dad were just discussing has budgie ever scored at Pittodrie haha. Sad to see McNaughton go and Esson too i guess.

I guess we didnt realy deserve 4/5th place but it was nice to be in the Top 6 again. Wont get to attend many games next season unfortunately but it will save me from the twat who has sat behind me for the last 3 seasons and clearly knows NOTHING about football. His pet-hate used to be David Preece but now it is Barry Nicholson.

Will be interesting to see who Calderwood brings in.

yeah this is the first time Stewart has scored at Pittodrie as far as i can remember.

thing with stewart is he is clearly very capable at reserve level (top scorer by a massive margin) so should, in theory, be able to make the move up. however, he never gets a decent amount of time playing as a old fashioned centre forward, which is by far his best position, and is usually wasted out wide or in the middle by calderwood.

i reckon calderwood could get away with getting in a decent defensive player, such as McNamee, just to make sure we have cover for every position in defence. midfield we are flooded with talent with Severin, Nicholson, Dempsey, Clark, Smith, McCauley all capable. perhaps adding a naturally left sided player should be an issue; signing Snoyl would be excellent business in my opinion even if he does drift in and out of games.

we still desperatley need to get another quality striker in. the difference between an aberdeen side with an injured or out of form lovell and a fully fit lovell is there for all to see, and we cant rely on him all the time as he is very injury prone. no idea who we could go for though here, a job for the scouts behind the scene i think.

I'm not usually one to leave a game early but this season has worn me down so much that when Celtic scored their 2nd I got up and left, persuading my friends to join me! I was disgusted at Darren Mackie's ineptitude and the ease with which Maloney scored and couldn't see us getting back into it........Guess I was wrong! I'm sure if we'd stayed we'd have been beaten 3-0 so those cheers I heard on the way up Merkland Road made me feel like I'd played my part, taken one for the team, by leaving I'd opened the door to John Stewart's eye for goal. Maybe he just get's nervous infront of me.....

I'm a terrible fan, I know.

As for the twat that sits behind you, we've had one all season too. Makes a bad game worse to hear the p1sh this guy comes out with in his high pitched, nasal voice. I hate him. Wherever you sit in a football stadium in Britain, you're never far away from a tosser.