aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

As for the twat that sits behind you' date=' we've had one all season too. Makes a bad game worse to hear the p1sh this guy comes out with in his high pitched, nasal voice. I hate him. Wherever you sit in a football stadium in Britain, you're never far away from a tosser.[/quote']

The ignaramous that sits behind me constantly slags of Richie, but refers to him as "Bryne." I mean, if you're going to slag the guy off at leats get his fucking name right. And he shouts at him from the beginning - I mean that's not doing anyone any help. I slagged off Craw - ful yesterday, but only a fair bit through the game when he was clearly playing terrible and needed to be replaced. I never needed to slag Foster once, as he played well and set up a goal.

Yesterday's game was good for two reasons:

Jimmy actually saw sense and played the kids (who performed really well)

We actually played the ball on the deck quite well and times and stroked it about. Shock horror. And this was WITHOUT Anderson, Seve and Smith.

McNaughton's man of the match was embarrasing - I mean, captain - fair enough, but he was never man of the match - I would've given to young Considine - or Macualy - both played really well and I've been saying it for ages, but Considine is a great defender who can actually play football and has great distribution. It was encouraging to see the young players play so well.

I seem to remember Stewart scored against Motherwell with a header at Pittodrie, but it may have been chalked off - I'll consult the Cooncil oracle........

Anderson - Player of the year by a country mile, but the irony is, his handball in midweek cost us 5th place. Never mind, if it wasn't for Russ we might have finished in 10th place, so it's no big deal!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some folk go to the games just to single someone out and have a go at them for 90 minutes. As you say, before a ball is even kicked some idiots will be giving someone pelters. Dempsey, for example, has played really well in the past 4 or so games (after being pretty abysmal before that) but some of the "Pittodrie Boo Boys" (copyright Evening Express) are still giving him pelters. same with Byrne (or "Bryne"!), had a poor start to his dons career but now puts in a solid shift but people don't seem to realise this.

I don't think Stewart has ever scored at Pittodrie, last goal he scored I think was at Tannadice last season.

Agree that Considine and MacAuley look like good players and I'm looking forward to seeing Maguire (which I really should have stayed for yesterday...). hopefully these promising players will develop better than the Young brothers, David Rowson, Phil McGuire, Kevin MacNaughton (a good player but not living up to his early hype), Darren Mackie, Ryan Esson, Scott Morrison, Scott Muirhead, Fergus Tiernan.............

It was a belter of a game yesterday, action packed stuff. I think the ref left his cards at home though, a couple of the Celtic guys put in some shocking tackles, Nicholson got taken down heavily from behind right in front of the dug outs, and Byrne got chopped down on the edge of the Celtic box in the first half.

The ignaramous that sits behind me constantly slags of Richie' date=' but refers to him as "Bryne." I mean, if you're going to slag the guy off at leats get his fucking name right. And he shouts at him from the beginning - I mean that's not doing anyone any help. I slagged off Craw - ful yesterday, but only a fair bit through the game when he was clearly playing terrible and needed to be replaced. I never needed to slag Foster once, as he played well and set up a goal.

Yesterday's game was good for two reasons:

[b']Jimmy actually saw sense and played the kids (who performed really well)

We actually played the ball on the deck quite well and times and stroked it about. Shock horror. And this was WITHOUT Anderson, Seve and Smith.

McNaughton's man of the match was embarrasing - I mean, captain - fair enough, but he was never man of the match - I would've given to young Considine - or Macualy - both played really well and I've been saying it for ages, but Considine is a great defender who can actually play football and has great distribution. It was encouraging to see the young players play so well.

I seem to remember Stewart scored against Motherwell with a header at Pittodrie, but it may have been chalked off - I'll consult the Cooncil oracle........

Anderson - Player of the year by a country mile, but the irony is, his handball in midweek cost us 5th place. Never mind, if it wasn't for Russ we might have finished in 10th place, so it's no big deal!

Don't agree with ya on that one bud, while there's no doubting the youngsters played a blinder I think we should have had our full squad out yesterday. If we'd won that game we would have finished 4th instead of 6th, I don't agree with playing the youngsters when there's still something left to play for. OK 4th place isn't much, but it would be more prestige and more transfer money for next season.

Just my opinion like.

Elwood

We didn't have a full squad to play.

They were all injured or suspended.

That was pretty much our full available squad.

You're spot on -

Seve and Diamond were suspended.

Hart, Clark, Anderson, Smith, Lovell and McFarlene were all out injured.

That's seven that would have definitely started missing!

It was a belter of a game yesterday' date=' action packed stuff.[/quote']

the first half was a bit poor. we didn't carry any threat in front of goal, as the glamourous julian will no doubt point out on scotsport tonight. second half, MUCH better.

i thought they'd eventually master their 'only playing for 45 minutes' problem, but apparently not.

Soutar poised for Pittodrie move

The Dens Park keeper is one of six of the club's higher-paid players who Dundee want to take a wage cut or move on altogether.

Aberdeen are understood to be ready to take on Soutar's contract and give him a 12-month extension.

The Dons have already confirmed that Ryan Esson, who has been understudy to Jamie Langfield for much of the season, will leave the club. www.bbc.co.uk

What are the Dons fans opinions of him? Every time i've seen him he's been absolutely dire, but he has youth on his side so maybe he might come good. Would've thought you'd push the boat out for Paul Gallagher at Norwich.

nah stewart has grabbed a few on his travels, think that double brings it up to 6 goals in his dons career.

i think soutar would be a good signing. recieving mixed reviews about him but at least he wont be on the money esson was on and can hopefully push langfield for the no.1 spot.

Guest neil ex

Stewart scored a consolation goal when we were played off the park by Motherwell on boxing day. One of the lowest points of the season. If I remember rightly, the two games previous to that were 0-0 draws with Dunfermline at home and Livi away.

I've only seen Soutar a few times. I think he was on loan to Brechin for a while and I saw him twice. Pish to Bog standard I think. Certainly I'd rather Gallagher but his wage demands would be more I'd guess.

Fucking hell, staying up to 11.35 pm to watch the highlights, that's punishment for leaving early. Sarah O better be wearing a slinky black number.....

For this weeks one (alex mcleish) i couldn't think of much.

The best i came up with was... "I want Marvin Andrews to score against England thiiiiissss much"

I did think of another one, but i think its a bit sketchy

"why was Jesus loved by so many women? cause he was hung like this."

mcleish1.jpg

Agent McLeish breaks cover with a rousing rendition of "Stand Free".

Much better than mine. I did try and think how i could encorporate the Agent McLeish tag, you nailed it.

I would send that one in if i were you, new attire for Exodus go'ers to mumble at.