aberdeen-music

jokes are funny. post here.

ben_1903

Fair do's.

I, for one, meant no offence to anyone and as a point of interest, I'm a manager of a multi-racial team (most of whom I personally hired) and I've worked out of several countries (currently Angola). I get on famously with everyone and have never discriminated against anybody - my take is that if you're up to the job, then that's good enough for me regardless of sex, creed or colour. (However, if you're shite at the joab - then it's tatties :up: )

Bearing that in mind, I take exception to someone who doesn't know me inferring that I am a racist.

Everyone should take a leaf out of Phil Lynotts book - "I'm a Black, Irish Catholic - to me I'm normal, everyone else is different" :up:

Apologies to all for taking this thread off in a tangent - it's ironic that we end up squabbling on a thread that's supposed to be making folk laugh o_O

All the best and a big olive branch to Sam

DZL

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eesh, the issue of race... not touching that one.

QUOTE]

Why not? Scared you might slip up and say something racist?! ;-) haha, Im thinking about Ricky Gervais scenes now!

Why is the issue of race such a taboo subject? We have an increasingly multi-cultural, multi-racial society yet most people still feel uncomfortable talking about it.

As far as stereotyping goes, its an age old joke telling tradition, whether you find it funny or not. Are dumb blonde jokes as offensive?! (probably, just that blondes dont get them)

Here is another joke using stereotyping based on race, if you find these types of joke offensive, please do not read on and please know that I consider all men equal......then dogs.......with women just slightly below that.

Why did so many black soldiers die in Vietnam?

Because when the Sergeant yelled to get down they all started dancing.

time for a few jokes I think ....

what's orange and sounds like a parrot?

a carrot

This next one only works if said out loud. Have several pints and try this on your mates.

How do you sell a dog to a deaf man?

DO YOU WANT TO BUY A DOG!!?? (shouted really loud.)

How do you sink an Irish submarine?

Swim down and knock on the hatch.

Whats the difference between a blonde and a shopping trolley.

A shopping trolley has got a mind of its own.

I never said that they'd be funny.

pete

inthehills.

Its pretty simple logic that when youre making jokes about peoples supposed racial stereotypes or differences, its racist.

BOOOOOOOORING!

If everyone shared that view the world would be rubbish, and everything from films to music to art to literature to fucking penis-shaped-buildings would have to be censored 'cause some pillock can find something offensive somewhere in it's content.

On a side note, has anyone every noticed that neds/chavs don't EVER wear glasses?

I fail to believe that they either all have perfect 20/20 vision or wear contact lenses...

On a side note, has anyone every noticed that neds/chavs don't EVER wear glasses?

I fail to believe that they either all have perfect 20/20 vision or wear contact lenses...

That's a very good point! But I think you're stereotyping neds there.......

Seriously though, no, I don't think I have ever seen a ned with glasses. Perhaps a glasses wearer would be rejected by other neds on account of being a "speccy fucking bam" so would need to seek another social group to belong to.

Haha, it's not that I'm afraid of a marvelous ricky gervais style slip of the tongue. it's just that arguments regarding race are all pretty much the same and getting involved isn't going to change anybody's mind.

I'm 100% sure that nobody who posted truely believes that the colour of a persons skin alone makes them any different. I just feel that some people are pushing the issue to a bit of an extreme and exerting their right to freedom of speech to simply piss off somebody who does feel a bit embarassed by these jokes.

Whatever folks, just keep the thread on topic. If I wanted to read about discrimination I would have clicked the designated link.

I have a Cocker Spaniel and two English Pointers and I was buying a large bag of Purina dog food at Sommerfields last week and was in the check out queue...

A woman behind me asked if I had a dog! Stupid question I thought! On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time. However I'd lost 20 kilos before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices & IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your trouser pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a bloke who was behind her. Horrified, she asked if I'd ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned.

I told her no; it was because I'd been sitting in the street licking my arse when a car hit me !!

Q. What's the difference between a blonde and a brick?

A. The brick doesn't follow you home after you lay it.

Ah, the old'uns are the best:up:

On a similar note...

Q. What's the difference between a Zanussi Washing Machine and a Torry Quine ?

A. The Zanussi won't text you a 100 times a day after you dump your load in it !

he got interviewed and asked how does it feel to be black and irish. To which his reply was "kinda like a pint of guiness" in a broad irish accent.

Hell yeah to Phil Lynott.

Saw the great man several times at the Apollo (yep, I'm THAT old). Best live band I ever saw - and they weren't one of my fave studio bands either!!!

-"Anyone out there with any Irish in them??"

-"Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" - went the crowd

-"Any of the girls like a little bit more Irish in them??"

Priceless.

Turnip

This is more of a funny story than a joke, but it's true....

Back home in Ayrshire, there's a god-awful radio station called West Sound - think of an even more inept version of North Sound or Tay FM.

Back then, a local Country'n'Western "legend" called Tommy Truesdale - he was utter shite (even WORSE than his neighbour Sidney Devine) - was one of the main DJ's and following Noel Edmonds lead, he started a "Joke Phone-In" slot on his show.

One day, me and the guys were in the gym at college and someone had piped Tommy's show through the PA in the hall during the phone-in. This wee squeaky voiced kid came on, who was clearly being coached in the background by his brother or father as you could hear the whispers....

"Who have we got on line?"

"Erm, Jimmy fae Mauchline"

"Hello there Jimmy fae Mauchline, do you have a joke for us today?"

"Erm, it's no' a joke, mair ay a co-nun-nun-nundrum, Tommy"

"Oh, conundrum eh? that's interesting. let's have it then"

"Ok Tommy, what vegetable makes your eyes water?"

"Acht, that's easy Jimmy, everyone knows that! It's an ONION"

"Wrong Tommy, it an TURNIP"

"A TURNIP, away and don't be daft Jimmy! How can a TURNIP make yer eyes water?"

"Well Tommy, it's obvious you've never been hit in the balls with one"

My mate Liam, who's asthmatic laughed so hard he went into brochospasm and needed emergency treatment :up:

DZL

A horse walks into a bar, goes up to the barman and orders a pint of lager. The barman looks at the horse for a second then says "Why the long face?"

The horse replies, "I've got testicular cancer."

A Viking walks into a bar, goes up to the barman and orders a pint of lager. The barman looks at the viking for a second then says "Why the long boat?"