aberdeen-music

Ascension MP3's!!!

Doc Ascension

This thread is a complete fucking joke now. Ascension (due to two of their members... mainly just one if we're honest) are now coming across as complete wanks and I know for a fact that on the most part they are not. Doc, can you not see that this constant replying to your own thread, whether well articualted response or lashing out at a comment you didn't want to hear, is making the whole of this community turn against you? Remember what happened to Jamesy? An awesome guy who just wants to push his band forward but manages to get up a lot of noses and as a result people hate his band without really ever giving them a chance. That's whats happening here, it's too late to stop that, but you can certainly do some damage limitation.

As for the demo - you don't need me to tell you how shocking it sounds. I can't believe you guys, who obviously care a hell of a lot about what you're doing, would let that out into the public domain. Countless other people have already told you this but for the same money or even less you could have gotten much better results. The performances sound tired, especially from Scorge and Wilkie, who can both perform so it would appear that it was rushed waaaaay to much and as a result Wilkie doesn't sound sure of what he's supposed to be singing.

So, Doc - stop taking everything to heart, you know the demo is weak so just get on with it and make a better one. Go to tom's again, go to exile, but spend a little more time on fewer tracks. Nobody is impressed that you've done a million tracks badly, why not just pick 3 and do them really well.

Most of all, stop your internet whinery, it makes your whole band look childish and thats not really fair as half of your band can't represent themselves on here and so shouldn't really be tarred with the same brush.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all I'm going to say in defence of the Foyer is that Dos Dedos recorded there and we got a good demo out of it. And I've heard quite a lot of other stuff come out of it that sounded great as well (Le Reno Amps and Maple being obvious examples).

Acension sound nothing like what they do in that demo' date=' I can assure everyone of that - it is a terrible, terrible representation of the band.[/quote']

Yeah, but they posted it up, not anyone else.

now see that comment is fine - its constructive' date=' and its pretty fair.

[/quote']

The thing that really confuses me is how you are desparately seeking to recieve fair and constructive comments - yet as soon as there is a thread about anything you don't like (i.e. ANYTHING other than power metal) you give possibly the most ridiculously unfair and unconstructive comments, usually "every emo and metalcore band are complete pish" or "all emo bands should quit" style garbage.

People would probably have been more useful to you on this thread if for the past few months you hadn't been acting like the biggest example of what you're getting pissed at.

Heard the 'flame...' mp3... not too bad but the drumming was pants. Also the solo would have been decent without the wah and if it had been phrased a better!

Cheers

Dan Atom

(by the way I am telling you all this for your own benefit so as you could maybe not have all these problems in the future)

well y'know ....... everyone learns from mistakes i feel alot of people are having a go at doc for the simple fact he loves metal.

Fuck all this mindless bollocks about the foyer being shite it was the 1st demo and well every band has made a crap record or demo.

So please just ignore doc if he says something that pisses you off and if you could give these guys a chance they have alot of potential.

well y'know ....... everyone learns from mistakes i feel alot of people are having a go at doc for the simple fact he loves metal.

Fuck all this mindless bollocks about the foyer being shite it was the 1st demo and well every band has made a crap record or demo.

So please just ignore doc if he says something that pisses you off and if you could give these guys a chance they have alot of potential.

i disagree i think alot of people are having a go because the quality of the recording is appaling (and probably cause its funny seeing him gettin all wound up by everything). Ive seen ascension live and know they are not as bad as that rubbish makes out but you cannot hide from the fact it is a shocking representaion of a bands work, as ive said previous i have not heard a worse recording ( i mean sound wise not content) than that one for a long time. In fact none of the foyer recordings have sounded that great to me, and the ones that did sound ok had been taking away and worked on by the bands themselves which says a lot to me.

i disagree i think alot of people are having a go because the quality of the recording is appaling (and probably cause its funny seeing him gettin all wound up by everything). Ive seen ascension live and know they are not as bad as that rubbish makes out but you cannot hide from the fact it is a shocking representaion of a bands work' date=' as ive said previous i have not heard a worse recording ( i mean sound wise not content) than that one for a long time. In fact none of the foyer recordings have sounded that great to me, and the ones that did sound ok had been taking away and worked on by the bands themselves which says a lot to me.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with the foyer for recording. All the Genevieve stuff is recorded there.

nah dude your not contrevsial ekuough to right for the record' date=' you hsvnt syartted a cancer scare, you dont bkatantly supprot rangers and yuo havent uncovered a jack mcconnel scabdal. nbut i dont know anything, im, pshged.[/quote']

Well done Bobby - pishest post ever ;)

• 8 months later...
Nothing wrong with those lyrics' date=' they're your standard power metal fare...Ascension being all about fighting humilation, saving their reputation and being a shit band ;)[/quote']

Nice one!

thats about as emo as they come in afraid.

That's what I was thinking.

• 5 months later...