aberdeen-music

Ascension MP3's!!!

Doc Ascension

Guest Jake Wifebeater
When is Cowboy Dan anything other than an asshole' date=' find some proof and i'll accept it. Otherwise i'm happy to live on thinking the boy is some jumped up spoiled little cunt with little or no musical talent other than constantly leaching on his best mates musical credability.[/quote']

Exceedingly excellent point, and well made.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded Against the flame...It's not exactly my kind of music, but the melodies and riffs are quite catchy (awesome solo too!) I Think that with some more practice (on things mentioned; drums, vocals etc.) and a better recording you have potential to be a good band.

:rockon:

EDIT: I know that I saw you live at one of our gigs at the moorings, but I was too drunk to remember how it sounded...

hey guys, just downloaded the tracks off the site....

the first thing i noticed, listening to the track Guilty Spark, was the drum mixing......i read about the snare drum not being his usual one, and it shows....its a weak snare sound. kick drums a bit muddied out, kinda gets lost in the messy mixing.

Guitar tone's actually alright, i quite like it....solo was cool aswell.

vocals....however.....he's got the potential (as far as im bothered) to have a good voice but doesnt seem to be conveying himself in the way a vocalist for this kinda music should, its like hes either too scared/nervous or just can't be bothered....

Against the flame i felt was promising - if the singer put the necessary emotion and power into his voice it would be a truly good track! good riffwork, guitar playing impressed me again.

the drumming sounds alright to me on both tracks, but the mixing kinda ruins it for me.

also i said it to you guys before and i'll say it again, you need a bass player. the lack of low end is disturbing, its like the songs have cock but no balls.

all in all the vocals are the area to work on, and i mean no disrespect by that. more power is needed, simple as that....the singer hasnt got the hugest vocal range in the world, but play on his strengths and work on putting himself across more and i reckon you'll be onto a winner.

good luck guys.

Guest Cowboy Dan
When is Cowboy Dan anything other than an asshole' date=' find some proof and i'll accept it. Otherwise i'm happy to live on thinking the boy is some jumped up spoiled little cunt with little or no musical talent other than constantly leaching on his best mates musical credability.[/quote']

Who is my best mate and prey tell, how does one "leach" on to another "musical credibility"? Whatever that is...

No musical talent? The SQA and Associated Board of Music strongly disagree!

Please note that I was deeply offended by your remarks.

I'd say all comments so far have been pretty much on the ball (one obvious exception)

- guitars good, vocals need work, drums who knows - can't hear them. I would add however that the drums I did hear possibly dragged just behind the beat slightly? It's a risk with this style of drums that timing as well as volume gets sacrificed for speed.

Basically there's a lot of potential there, but the recording does you no favours at all.

I certainly wouldn't send that out to any promoters. Zeenat is right about quality over quantity, any promoter who listens to that won't get more than halfway into the 1st song before it's in the bin anyway tbh, so it matters nothing how many tracks you have. A demo needs to be the very best you can sound, and no more than three songs, representative of your sound.

The amount of time you spent getting so many songs done would have been better spent getting 2 sounding great.

Phil, you are a hero. :love:

Hmm, I'm a little disappointed. I really like the midi compositions you have, but these mp3s just aren't as good. They are by no means awful, and considering they were done in one take not half bad! But I felt the (like others have said before me) the vocals were very weak. The music itself was a little weak as well, you have some nice riffs here and there but I didn't feel it really flowed. But you probably realise all this with it being a demo, a rough sketch. If you iron out a few creases and nail some tighter recordings with stronger vocals and arrangements, I think you guys could be on to something! That's my honest opinion on the material. All in all, good, but needs a little work. :rockon:

Who is my best mate and prey tell' date=' how does one "leach" on to another "musical credibility"? Whatever that is...

Please note that I was deeply offended by your remarks.[/quote']

As far as leaching goes you seem to regularly ride on Tom's 'wave' so to speak. And with regard to the SQA and ABM, depends how much dick daddy had to suck to get you noticed.

And as for you being deeply offended, i have had more slanderous remarks off you so fuck off.

Lets just say this is the start of something you'll regret getting yourself into. You're out of your depth kid.

:finger:

Who is my best mate and prey tell' date=' how does one "leach" on to another "musical credibility"? Whatever that is...

Please note that I was deeply offended by your remarks.[/quote']

I always got the best marks in my music class but Im in Spike Pile Driver, work that one out.

You're offended!!! lol, good.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I think this is pretty terrible stuff. You guys are nowhere near good enough to be recording a demo, the guitars were the only part that sounded played remotely well. Even asides the non-existent mix, the drums and vocals really suck.

consider me owned then.

i couldnt really hear the bass really......maybe i'm going deaf then!.....

if ya want a cheap home recording done i could help ya's out if you want. i charge a bottle of JD per completed track :p

haha that's surprising.. it is quite prominent in the tracks...

Its cool - I can handle the home recording myself... only thing I lack is mic's though... everything else is covered

I just cant believe you had to pay for that.....im not going to comment on the music cause i cant even hear it...i just feel that you were robbed paying for such low quality...we recorded our songs in one take and mistakes aside there is at least some clarity....arent you pissed off it sounds so bad? how long did this take and how much did you pay?

Guest Cowboy Dan
As far as leaching goes you seem to regularly ride on Tom's 'wave' so to speak. And with regard to the SQA and ABM' date=' depends how much dick daddy had to suck to get you noticed.

And as for you being deeply offended, i have had more slanderous remarks off you so fuck off.

Lets just say this is the start of something you'll regret getting yourself into. You're out of your depth kid.

:finger:[/quote']

It's been two days and it still hasn't sank in how absurd this comment is, give me few more then I'll get back to you. Thanks, Sam xx

It's been two days and it still hasn't sank in how absurd this comment is' date=' give me few more then I'll get back to you. Thanks, Sam xx[/quote']

Take your time. We're all waiting for some sort of pseudo-intellectual nugget of wisdom from you, no really, we are.

meh shut up kids please.

anyway i was thinking the same as someone else who posted here do you guys not feel very ripped off after paying for this demo? I dont think ive heard a poorer recording since the "leave it to egon" thing that was up here not that long ago.

meh shut up kids please.

I'd like to point out that you haven't had to put up with a near endless stream of abuse from this little faggot over the past six months. I'd keep it off the boards if the little prick would say half the stuff he posts on my scene points thing and in threads about me to my face. Thing is if he did his spine would probably fall out of his ass.

When he starts behaving like a man, i'll treat him as such.