aberdeen-music

Ascension MP3's!!!

Doc Ascension

I'd like to point out that you haven't had to put up with a near endless stream of abuse from this little faggot over the past six months. I'd keep it off the boards if the little prick would say half the stuff he posts on my scene points thing and in threads about me to my face. Thing is if he did his spine would probably fall out of his ass.

When he starts behaving like a man' date=' i'll treat him as such.[/quote']

no i havent but you dont see phat tom having a go every second although i said some pretty shit things about him do you?

Why does it always have to come back to "cowboy dan is a dick" to be honest man im pretty sure he really doesnt care and all your responces do is make him sit back and think how he is going to take the piss again. I thought you would of seen this by now man, your not twelve or stupid so come on just leave it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i havent but you dont see phat tom having a go every second although i said some pretty shit things about him do you?

Why does it always have to come back to "cowboy dan is a dick" to be honest man im pretty sure he really doesnt care and all your responces do is make him sit back and think how he is going to take the piss again. I thought you would of seen this by now man' date=' your not twelve or stupid so come on just leave it.[/quote']

Fair point. Duly noted.

no no no this stuff is awful. The co-ordination between the musicians is terrible, the singer sounds like some guy humming along to the music and isn't putting the expression into the vocals in the way that the music demands. This stuff is so sloppy and pointless that I'm not even going bother commenting on the engineering because the material and musicianship is so piss poor. The only words in my head after listening to those 3 tracks are "parochial" "pointless" and "disband and forget it, for the love of god".

Guest Cowboy Dan
I'd like to point out that you haven't had to put up with a near endless stream of abuse from this little faggot over the past six months. I'd keep it off the boards if the little prick would say half the stuff he posts on my scene points thing and in threads about me to my face. Thing is if he did his spine would probably fall out of his ass.

When he starts behaving like a man' date=' i'll treat him as such.[/quote']

Haha, that's funny.

I don't recall ever leaving you "scene points"

Guest neil ex

I'm sick of these messageboards. It's always the same.

Doc, maybe if you spent more time working on your band than trying to get the better of people you don't know on a public messageboard, your music and recordings wouldn't be as shite as they are. You just come across like a complete idiot, reacting to every little cheap shot directed at you by idiots, with nothing better to do, looking for, you guessed it, a reaction. Watch that pit-trap, although it's not very hard to see! You give a child attention and it'll carry on misbehaving. You're obviously not a busy man. Sad! I have better things to do with my time.

You opened a thread asking for feedback on your recordings.. Do you really want all that bickering throughout the thread? Just learn to ignore.. I'll tell you.. That'll annoy these people more than anything you say.. They'll eventually stop.. You'll have more time to record your songs properly.. You'll feel better about yourself.. You won't look so silly (you ironically, obviously want to appear big and clever)..

:help:

I'm sick of these messageboards. It's always the same.

Doc' date=' maybe if you spent more time working on your band than trying to get the better of people you don't know on a public messageboard, your music and recordings wouldn't be as shite as they are. You just come across like a complete idiot, reacting to every little cheap shot directed at you by idiots, with nothing better to do, looking for, you guessed it, a reaction. Watch that pit-trap, although it's not very hard to see! You give a child attention and it'll carry on misbehaving. You're obviously not a busy man. Sad! I have better things to do with my time.

You opened a thread asking for feedback on your recordings.. Do you really want all that bickering throughout the thread? Just learn to ignore.. I'll tell you.. That'll annoy these people more than anything you say.. They'll eventually stop.. You'll have more time to record your songs properly.. You'll feel better about yourself.. You won't look so silly (you ironically, obviously want to appear big and clever)..

:help:[/quote']

oh wow, i don't even know who you are but your opinion is not wanted here. unless its anything to do with the thread title, which it is not.

And you obviously know SOOO much about my life and what I'm doing and how busy I am, maybe you would like to stop stalking me or fuck off. That is all a load of bullshit you posted there, I do my part in the band, I am the main songwriter along with Gregor and I play guitar, thats my part. I don't do lead vocals and drums - sorry im not quite superman so I don't have much control over anything else. We didn't want to go spending stupid amounts of money on a demo because, yes, its not worth it at this stage. However, we wanted something recorded - and i'm happy. We're not recording an album, or even an ep - its a fucking demo. That means, minimum recording time (all one take) and minimal mixing, all keeping costs down.

I'll send you a copy of the album when we do one though then you can shut up about how much work we do on the band and recordings and how much of a "busy man" I am. I've just finished my uni exams for the year thanks, so studying for that did keep me quite busy thanks... and now you're right - i'm not a busy man. So i'm off to write more songs for the band.

Shut up and come back when you even have a clue what the hell you are talking about, and in future - think harder before posting.

oh wow' date=' i don't even know who you are but your opinion is not wanted here. unless its anything to do with the thread title, which it is not.

And you obviously know SOOO much about my life and what I'm doing and how busy I am, maybe you would like to stop stalking me or fuck off. That is all a load of bullshit you posted there, I do my part in the band, I am the main songwriter along with Gregor and I play guitar, thats my part. I don't do lead vocals and drums - sorry im not quite superman so I don't have much control over anything else. We didn't want to go spending stupid amounts of money on a demo because, yes, its not worth it at this stage. However, we wanted something recorded - and i'm happy. We're not recording an album, or even an ep - its a fucking demo. That means, minimum recording time (all one take) and minimal mixing, all keeping costs down.

I'll send you a copy of the album when we do one though then you can shut up about how much work we do on the band and recordings and how much of a "busy man" I am. I've just finished my uni exams for the year thanks, so studying for that did keep me quite busy thanks... and now you're right - i'm not a busy man. So i'm off to write more songs for the band.

Shut up and come back when you even have a clue what the hell you are talking about, and in future - think harder before posting.[/quote']

Seriously, go back and read what Neil Ex said again. Think about it for a bit, and you might just see that far from simply having a go at you, he really is offering you some well thought out advice. Simply put, he's just saying that all the pointless bitching gets in the way of anything positive you may be trying to do. Now just get your head down, use the feedback that you asked for, and do something worthwhile.

right what I said was a bit too harsh - but I am getting really pissed of at people dragging this thread down... and neil's post didn't help one bit.

He coudl have just as easily not posted at all. I suggest you read his post again - he's not offering advice, he's being a condescending, stuck up and pompous know-it-all. I asked for opinions on the demo, not on my life and work habits....

Now there is to be not one more post on here unless it is back on topic.

right what I said was a bit too harsh - but I am getting really pissed of at people dragging this thread down... and neil's post didn't help one bit.

He coudl have just as easily not posted at all. I suggest you read his post again - he's not offering advice' date=' he's being a condescending, stuck up and pompous know-it-all. I asked for opinions on the demo, not on my life and work habits....

Now there is to be not one more post on here unless it is back on topic.[/quote']

well, i think he raised a good point. i think a lot of people have been pretty fair with you, raised points of criticism to try to help you improve your band, music, recording techniques, etc. yet all you've done is bark like a puppy. personally, if i'd put a track up for feedback, i'd keep my mouth shut unless someone asked a question, and just take on board all the opinions, good or bad.

i can see that it's mostly the non constructive posts that you are wound up by - but why not just address them by PM? by not doing so, it's you that is ruining the thread by letting it descend into a slanging match. and at the end of the day - who can blame them for their comments on the demo? there's no denying it was poor, no matter what excuses you offer. the thing that slightly baffles me is that by some of your other comments here or elsewhere, you seem to know a thing or two about computer and/or multi-track recording - most people that are into this stuff have a bit of idea about sound setups, recording, etc.

is there only one person allowed to operate the recording equipment at the foyer? if not, i'd suggest you ask (and presumably pay) one of the local sound engineers to come in and give you a real drum sound. the engineers setup and e.q. a drum kit probably 20 times every week, so they know what they are doing, and can probably do it in a quarter of the time of anyone else.

I have knowledge, but no equipment (mics etc) at home to do a home recording.... next ascension recording will be a DIY however.

The Foyer's equipment doesn't even allow me to get each track individually to mix and master at home - I would have to solo them on the DAT, then record each one individually onto the PC as a wav - totally impossible. Next time however, I will be doing it myself. Thanks for the feedback spell though.

The Foyer's equipment doesn't even allow me to get each track individually to mix and master at home

what? can't you just put one track at a time onto CD? just punch out all the other tracks on the desk and burn them one after the other. then you have all your individual tracks on a cd ready to stick on your computer.

well' date=' i think he raised a good point. i think a lot of people have been pretty fair with you, raised points of criticism to try to help you improve your band, music, recording techniques, etc. yet all you've done is bark like a puppy.

[/quote']

right, bark like a puppy - at EVERY SINGLE one of the constructive posts I have thanked the person and taken it on board... IE here;

constructive feedback....
thank you very much for the feedback' date=' it's hard to make this sound sincere and not saracastic in type, but I really appreciate it you listening and taking time to comment!![/quote']

I understand the value of feedback we can recieve on A-M.com its's really helpful.

However, many of the other posts, including Spazboy Dan, etc are fucking useless. ANd a waste of everyone's time. I really do value everyone else's feedback as you will read if you go and look at the other pages before this thread went dogshit.

what? can't you just put one track at a time onto CD? just punch out all the other tracks on the desk and burn them one after the other. then you have all your individual tracks on a cd ready to stick on your computer.

Nope, because there was around 8/9 tracks I think, 45 mintues of music so 8 x 45 = 6 hrs!!

We would have to run through all the tracks individually to get them on a CD on their own. The Foyer record from the desk, into a computer in real time... so you'd have to repeat the process for every track.....

Also, they DO have an optical out on their DAT, but no soundcard with an Optical IN so you can't send the data straight into a multitrack like Cubase, which is what I would have preferred to do. They just use Digital Ins/Outs.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Might I ask why? not a fan of the music style or personal reasons or other?

Nothing personal, it's just that I dont really like the Metal genre as such, even though there are many good players within it.

Shut up and come back when you even have a clue what the hell you are talking about' date=' and in future - think harder before posting.[/quote']
oh wow' date=' i don't even know who you are but your opinion is not wanted here. unless its anything to do with the thread title, which it is not.

*5 more minutes of tearful angsty bull-shit*

[/quote']

He coudl (SIC) have just as easily not posted at all. I suggest you read his post again - he's not offering advice' date=' he's being a condescending, stuck up and pompous know-it-all. I asked for opinions on the demo, not on my life and work habits....[/quote']

Neil Ex just stomped you a new asshole, you're the only one 'dragging this thread down' with your constant "You don't like me or my band so i don't want your opinions" arse. You've - probably - posted most on this thread, and heaps has just been moaning about people giving you advice. Unless you post up every little detail about your life on these boards, nobodys going to know you had exams... why were you recording in the middle of exams anyway? That's a pretty stupid idea.

Can somebody make Doc a mod so he can monitor his own threads please?

Nothing personal' date=' it's just that I dont really like the Metal genre as such, even though there are many good players within it.[/quote']

Fair play man fair play!!

Neil Ex just stomped you a new asshole' date=' you're the only one 'dragging this thread down' with your constant "You don't like me or my band so i don't want your opinions" arse. You've - probably - posted most on this thread, and heaps has just been moaning about people giving you advice. Unless you post up every little detail about your life on these boards, nobodys going to know you had exams... why were you recording in the middle of exams anyway? That's a pretty stupid idea.

Can somebody make Doc a mod so he can monitor his own threads please?[/quote']

You total idiot. Have you not read ANYTHING? I recorded before the exams, and I didn't appreciate Neil's "biography" of my life ... thats what I said.

The fact that you are saying "you don't like me or my band so i don't want your opinions" is TOTALLY fucking bullshit. I mean, go and start reading on the first page you arsehole. I welcomed, and thanked EVERYONE's opinion... and have taken them on board.. go on... go read....

Infact, I'll show you where it all went to shit... right here:

AHAHAHAHA!!

I was really hoping this would be awful' date=' and it really is!!

I genuinely can't stop laughing at this, it's awful. If you're particularly offended by my comments then i'll add some constructive criticism, but i'm sure you're not and I can't be bothered.[/quote']

and here's what I said about it:

No not at all! Thanks for the feedback' date=' the only one being an arsehole so far is Dan, but your comments are welcomed dude![/quote']

HOW does that make me a moaning twat, moaning about everyone's opinions? For fuck sake mate get the facts at least close to being straight before you post on a thread you haven't even fucking read.

Now run off and think about what a twat you've just been

With regards to foyer equipment, as far as I'm aware they have an alesis HD24, which is a 24track hard disk recorder, which can use ADAT technology (SPDIF in/out in chunks of 8 tracks, syncing with a BRC and other ADAT machines via 9pin serial etc). The unit comes with an onboard 10mbps ethernet port which allows you to connect to the machine via FTP and download each individual track, each song will appear as a directory. Of course 10mbps is old hat now ( why they didn't make it a 10/100/1000 I don't know) so this is more of an overnight job. One step up (or 40 steps up!) they can purchase a firewire adaptor for the hard drive caddie (Alesis fireport) this allows you, using software, to download songs from a hard drive to a PC over firewire, which speeds are more like 400mbps, resulting in a very quick transfer (you can copy 24 entire tracks of a song in less the time it would take to transfer over SPDIF), all 24 tracks can then be dumped into cubase (etc) without any dodgy alligning needing done. they're also using mackie 24:8 desk, which has direct outs on all 24 tracks, so i dunno why they're printing to as few as 8/9 tracks...

if not' date=' i'd suggest you ask (and presumably pay) one of the local sound engineers to come in [/quote']

hehe, I'd suggest AGAINST this, but won't mention why ;)

Guest Scorge Spike

This was a feedback thread, now it's a joke.

I take heed of all drumming comments - I can easily re-record them on my mate's Roland TD-7 and place them perfectly in the mix, but it's not something I can currently spend time doing. As Doc said, this demo was effectively a three hour banzai to be used as a rough outline of the songs, and the current live show is by far the better indicator of any musicianship issues. Incidentally, we've also asked for feedback from the forums for the two best power metal bands in the UK that we aspire to (Dragonforce, Power Quest), and ALL the feedback is good, despite the recording quality.

I'm happy with where we are at the moment, and there's a damn sight better to come.....