aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Got pre-orders in for the new platters from Skindred, Exodus, Zico Chain and just recieved the new albums from Himsa, Drowning Pool, Nightwish & Overkill. Also ordered the new Kylie single after having a gander at the video last night. Trying to hunt down somewhere I can get the new Tarja album as well as the new single "I Walk Alone" is good. None of the online stores have it listed as a new release and also struggling to find someone who is stocking the new Viking Skull album, "Chapter Two" but will hunt it down eventually.

The new Beirut is brilliant. But maybe I'm biased because I absolutely adore both Zach Condon...if that is his name... and Owen Pallett.

Owen Pallet string arranger extraordinaire has his own project Final Fantasy, I believe he's sometime member of Arcade Fire, has a new single coming out with Zach. Of real notority he started his career with a Toronto band PICASTRO (Monotreme) & has some string arrangements on Picastro's new release, Whore Luck.......

Plug

Picastro support Damon & Naomi+Michio Kurihara (Ghost) plus Adrian Crowley

@ The Lemon Tree on 22/11

iv been collecting the A perfect circle CDs one by one, i bought mer de noms and once i enjoyed it enough and was ready for more i bought thirteenth step, ill be getting eMOTIVe soon i think.

don't bother with eMotive...it'll taint the experience of "the perfect circle"...seriously.

I haven't listened to Rachel's for ages! Thanks for the reminder

Yeah, i hadn't too but i was listening to Systems/Layers before my external hard drive died so i'm actually buying a few things that i'd downloaded but have now lost. Selenology is next on the list. :up: I need to replace the Esmerine album i lost too at some point so i may just buy that as well :up:

I used to like the Mountain Goats many moons ago, when they were a cassette type band. I was on a tribute tape to them called 'A Postcard to the Mountain Goats' in 1999. I've only heard one CD by them though.

Latest buy...Robert Wyatt 'Comicopera'.......had a lovely listen to it today whilst trudging from Hazlehead to Holburn Street.

I used to like the Mountain Goats many moons ago, when they were a cassette type band. I was on a tribute tape to them called 'A Postcard to the Mountain Goats' in 1999. I've only heard one CD by them though.

I think they're wonderful but it's quite difficult to find what you especially want. I've been downloading bootlegs from the past few years, trying to find just some songs that compare to "Going to Georgia" (I have a live version which is indescribable). It's quite difficult. John Darnielle is a really amazing musician but I think I'll need to take a bit of time to get through all of his back catalogue. Is the tape in digital form by any chance?

I think they're wonderful but it's quite difficult to find what you especially want. I've been downloading bootlegs from the past few years, trying to find just some songs that compare to "Going to Georgia" (I have a live version which is indescribable). It's quite difficult. John Darnielle is a really amazing musician but I think I'll need to take a bit of time to get through all of his back catalogue. Is the tape in digital form by any chance?

I've only got the old cassette. Until recently it would've been simple for me to transfer it, but now it's a lot of hassle (each track has to be 'mastered' separately).

I've got some 7"s of theirs somehere, plus a live CD or 2.

I adore the former and have been told that M. Ward is quite interesting. Think you could tell me more about the album?

It's a blend of Americana, Folk, Country, Blues and the odd touch of Motown. It's very warm sounding, lots of reverby guitars, twanging acoustics, strings and odd percussion. It's like the audio equivalent of sitting on a hill in an old American mountain town during the gold rush.

That's my three sentence review.

What a wonderful way to talk about an album. I especially liked the last sentence even if you were being a little over-romantic. I'll have a look for him on limewire before I make any decisions.

Jacob Golden's "Out Come The Wolves" 7" is especially good (I don't know whether there is a c.d. release) and he's coming back to support the Autumns on the 17th November. I think you'd like him very much actually. He's like that musician I talked about, Joseph Arthur.