aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest Steven Dedalus
One of those albums I've been meaning to buy for a while now. I blame reading Our band could be your Life...

Whish is the greatest book of all time. Other than 'Head On' by Julian Cope.

Possibly.

Whish is the greatest book of all time.

A bold statement sir, which I don't agree with. Whilst it is a very good book, not having chapters on the Pixies or R.E.M. (I know Azerrard explains why) means that he is missing out on 2 of the most influential 80's American indie/college rock bands. Plus, it is very male focussed too, I'm quite surprised the machismo that comes across in the book.

got a old Paper Chase CD that I'd never heard of before for 7 instead. I'm terribly excited about listening to it.

Edit: It's a 2000 release called 'Young bodies heal quickly, you know'.

By faaaaaaaaar the best one in my opinion.

I just got the Jesus Lizard - Head/Pure and Boredoms - Super Roots 7 on a recent trip to Glasgow. Also recently acquired Pyramid 3 - Team Brick, Vom Ep and am still waiting for my Class A Audio 12" compilation. I want it bad!!!

I think the production on hide the kitchen knives is all a bit too clean. Young bodies is raw and twisted and sounds like a horrible nightmare. Both great albums though.

I tried to track down control-alt-delete-u when I was going through my major paper chase phase after I downloaded an awesome track called "Who Can Deny How Delicious It Tastes?" but had no luck so far

I think the production on hide the kitchen knives is all a bit too clean. Young bodies is raw and twisted and sounds like a horrible nightmare. Both great albums though.

I tried to track down control-alt-delete-u when I was going through my major paper chase phase after I downloaded an awesome track called "Who Can Deny How Delicious It Tastes?" but had no luck so far

I'm sitting in the "Godbless your black heart" camp. Perhaps just because I got it first. I'd love to see them live. All the cool kids have :(

And on that theme (although I think Superjoint are pretty rubbish), just pre-ordered this:

51ElbK0RuKL._AA240_.jpg

:love:

Fucking ace. Have you heard "I Scream"? Sounds badass. Cover reminds me of the last COC album for some reason, would be ace if it was just a white/cream "III" on a black background I reckon.

New High on Fire and Iced Earth albums in September too, yaldy!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Crowd Surfers Must Die/Gorgonized Dorks split CDr.

"International Blast Fighter" comp. 7".

Netjajev SS/Johnny Cohen and the New Age Nazis split 7".

Netjajev SS - "Surfside Anthems Volume 2" 7".

Netjajev SS - "Anarchy Andromeda" LP.