aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Devil Sold His Soul - A Fragile Hope

Pelican- The Fire In Our Throats...

PTW - You Come Before You

The Bled - Found In The Flood

I'm in love with the DSHS album... superb night driving music. And the sound on the on the PTW record is brutal enough to decapitate a small animal, just what you want from it. The Bled is The Bled, good fun to listen to. some nice wee guitar hooks and stuff. The Pelican is meant to be amazing. But i was quite disappointed with how samey it is. It is a good listen, i just expected more... like on par with ISIS' Panopticon. meh

Stapleton - Hug the coast

Saves the day - Sound the alarm

The Rapture - Pieces of the people we love

Get up kids - Something to write home about

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Take them on on your own

Interpol - Our love to admire

A fine choice. Did you catch them when they made it through here with Babar Luck, Capdown, and Sonic Boom Six? Awesome band.

Actually, no - they'd been under my radar as I'd always assumed they were rubbish (like SB6, Pickled Dick etc IMHO), but I watched the vid you linked before and rather liked them. We need someone t replace CapDown now they're splitting....

Actually, no - they'd been under my radar as I'd always assumed they were rubbish (like SB6, Pickled Dick etc IMHO), but I watched the vid you linked before and rather liked them. We need someone t replace CapDown now they're splitting....

Cool. And if that floats yer boat, you wanna check out Suicide Bid. Check 'em out on Myspace here: MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/suicidebid King Blues man Itch is one of their floating members.

Ah but you don't like SB6? Guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

Just back from a week in Finland so have a case full of mad mental new Finnish metal bands. Also bought the Zico Chain ep, quality stuff!!!!!!!! They are hard to describe, think Motorhead meets Drowning Pool on a dark night with a touch of punkiness.:up:

Do the Zico Chain not just sound like Nirvana?

Now you mention it, there is a touch of Nirvana in Zico Chain but they are much more "metal'ish" sounding with a very Motorhead style bassline. They are a bit difficult to fully describe but it is a very entertaining EP, songs are very short punk style "bursts" as well. I suppose they are an amalgamation of grunge/metal/punk & Motorhead style "heavy rock'n'roll". Looking forward to seeing them in the Tunnels on Friday. Saw them last year support Disturbed in Liverpool and I was impressed.

Guest Steven Dedalus

just got the new Super Furry Animals album to review. Haven't heard it yet, but I just interviewd Bunf, the guitar player, and he said it's a retutrn to pop songwriting and is quite short, so there you go.