aberdeen-music

Charlie from Busted

Pete

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think their alright , and judging by the interview in kerrang their a bit more then a side project, in a way i feel a bit sorry for him since hes been in one of britains most succesful boy bands and want to move into the "rock" industry no one will give him a chance to shine.

Guest Scorge Spike
Whoops...

"Due to obvious reasons London's Fightstar have changed the name of their

forthcoming ep to 'They Liked You Better When You Were Dead' - the title

track 'Swimming In The Flood' has also been renamed - it is now called

'Palahnuik's Laughter'"

Arf! Worthy of a slot in Private Eye that......

He doesn't deserve a chance. Bloody twat thinks he can make a fortune from the kids' date=' then go all credibile when it suits him?? If he were serious he would not have been in busted in the first place.[/quote']

Why not, everyone makes mistakes, to not buy a fightstar record because the writer is a musical succes is a bit sad

Guest idol_wild
Hmm' date=' Jo Whiley just played Charlie from Busted's side project band, Fight Star or something.

Generic, 5th rate lostprophet wannabe shite. Shame. Fierce Panda obviously trying to cash in there...[/quote']

To be fair - Fierce Panda have delivered many a superb band to us. Let them cash in, fuck it!

I'll probably go along to the gig... Ive heard some people's views on them from shows down in London, and they have been rather mixed.

Personally, i'll treat the Busted thing as something completely separate to this other band. YOu should be allowed to try new things, and to play whatever you feel like playing in my book,

Sorry' date=' but to paraphrase Bill Hicks, you put your name on a product (eg Busted), you forfeit your creative voice. Period.

It'll be shite anyway, he's wearing an Armor for Sleep hoody in Kerrang this week, and they're PISH![/quote']

yes, I will judge a band by what band merchandise they wear in magazines. for this is the proper thing to do.

I must say I was REALLY pissed off at work when I first posted that and now I've had a bit more time to think about it and now that I've read the K! interview, I'm going to rephrase my comment - the music was still a pretty shite but there's not reason why people should hold Busted against him in the way that some people are in this thread, that's just snobbish. He admits that Busted were a bit of a cash in but then, was recording Nevermind a cash in? Was Green Day signing to a major a cash in...?

As far as I'm concerned, every piece of music should be judged seperatly, no matter who's made it or what they've done previously.

And I like Busted.

You all get on at him for being in busted....but how many of you can honestly say that if you were offered millions to be in a shitty boy band you wouldnt take it? i fucking would...and i would laugh all the way home to my mansion.......

I honestly wouldn't. If you really love music, then to join a band like busted would be betraying yourself. Charlie has sacrificed his right to be taken seriously as an artist the moment he joined busted. Would you take an artist who done nowt apart from painting by numbers seriously???

Even if that artist then went on to make a great piece, chances are that he would already have been disowned by serious art lovers.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
You all get on at him for being in busted....but how many of you can honestly say that if you were offered millions to be in a shitty boy band you wouldnt take it? i fucking would...and i would laugh all the way home to my mansion.......

There is no way I'd do it, that's for sure. Having cameras going off in your face all the time,

anyone who's ever slept with you rating your performance in a Sunday newspaper like you're a piece of meat, legions of revolting children buying your records? Fuck man, if that's what you want you're more than welcome to it. I think it was Irvine Welsh who said "first they suck your cock, then they fuck you up the arse". Appendix were right, "Money is not my currency".

He doesn't deserve a chance. Bloody twat thinks he can make a fortune from the kids' date=' then go all credibile when it suits him?? If he were serious he would not have been in busted in the first place.[/quote']

that is possible the most ignorant thing for someone to say ever. If he was serious he would not have been in busted???!!!! Come on get a grip, why wouldnt he be in busted?? Do you actually know how he came to be in the band in the first place, i bet not, you most likely think he was put there by some producer or a record company to make up the numbers, if you do your a twat. Busted started off as any other band would do, they just got a break and were turned into a pop band by the lable they signed to. To say someone is not serious at their music because you dont like what they produce is fucking moronic, also to berate someone because of what they listen to or play is the is the same. i really hate people like you, to me your the problem with the music industry (not you exactly but people like you) the kind of people who are snobs towards other kinds of music, the kind of people who think they are better than others because they dont listen to pop, get a fucking life will you.