aberdeen-music

Single of the year?

jonty84

Hopefully no-ones asked this one yet - but what's your candidates for single of the year?

Mine is easily take me out by franz. and before some sad bastard accuses me of being a sellout - its got nothing to do with the fact it was successful - i thought it was an awesome song from the very first time i heard it.

so lets have it then?!

mike

while its probably not the best single of the year (by a long way) slither by velvet revolver was one of the few i got really excited about....there was something about a group of fortysomething men with dodgy hips and worn out livers, who all hit their original music peaks ten years before i even cared about music coming back with an above average slice of rock which seemed good....

this was six months ago and since then the songs out lived its welcome

being a big old shit i liked mr brightside by the killers and it was sorta cool to see brian wilson trading off past glories too...re-releasing one of my favourite songs (he did re-release good vibrations..didnt he...i mean i couldnt have dreamt it surely?)