aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/andy-goldsteins-sports-bar/130617/joe-kinnear-his-newcastle-return-alan-pardew-and-toon-media-199848

Joe Kinnear pronounces just about every Newcastle United player's name wrong.

Yohan Kebab. Hatem Ben Afra (and also Ben Afri) Papiss Sissy. Lambeeeeze. It also sounds like he's implying Sammy Ameobi is Shola's son, as he refers to him as "his little kid".

What a boob.

Moyes will win all those games. 18 points. Manager of the Month award, topping the table, never to be knocked off it until the season's end.

But only if he gets off the beach, back to the UK and starts buying Thiago. If he doesn't buy Thiago, then sack him before the Swansea game.

Barca are playing hardball over Thiago's release clause. It's like they are ignoring it exists. Can they do that? They agreed to it. Why agree to a ridiculous release clause based on appearances, then choose not to play Thiago, and then throw a stop when the clause is triggered? Barca lunatics on Twitter are complaining that Rio and De Gea have tapped him up too. De Gea has certainly been in his ear about it, but I don't think he's done anything as outlandish as force him to wear a United shirt in public.

Thiago is very good, but now I just hope United get him to slap Barca in the face with the cold hand of karma, after the two years of unsettling Fabregas, begging for him to come home. Ironically, it seems to be Fabregas who is standing in Thiago's way of getting in the team.

According to Graham Hunter, from Revista La Liga, United have made a bid to trigger the release clause, but Barca seem to be dragging it out by having their legal reps go over Thiago's contract with a fine tooth comb and hopefully stall the move, or at least get a shedload of tax piled onto it, alot like Bilbao did with Martinez. Also, the clause expires on 1st August as it only applied to his first 2 seasons of that contract, so if they stall the deal for a month or so, then the clause wouldn't matter anyway.

Tito seems to have said that he can't guarantee Thiago minutes on the pitch but wants him to be patient (i,e. wait until Xavi's knees are done in), so I hopefully it will come down to what the player wants afterall. He seems desperate to play in the World Cup next year. I think that's unrealistic wherever he goes, but if he joined United he'd start every game he's fit for with ease (only Cleverley and Anderson stand in his way, and he's on a different planet to those two) and could at least get into the 25 man squad for Spain. He's going to be behind Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas for at least another year or 2 at Barca, and if he's barely playing, he'll have little chance of getting a look in for Spain.

Barca always seem reluctant to sell academy graduates though. Can't blame them I guess. even the Bojan deal was hugely complicated, as they sold him to Roma, but could bring him back for a very low fee in 2 years time if he played well. I don't think they'd reach an agreement with United if they are gunning for a similar deal.