aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Right, I'm not really into the background of the story here (is anyone?) but is the inferrence that it was Poyet himself that took a shit in the Blackpool dressing room?!

Please let it be so. That would be hilarious! The pun potential is fairly massive.

Went to a charity football match last night. Its oorganised every year by Steve Nash, point guard for the LA Lakers. Hes well into his fitba.

The players get announced..."AC Milan legend Massimo Ambrosini". Great I thought. "Chicago Bulls duo joakim noah and marco belinelli"... thats some big names, this should be good... "FA cup winner Emerson Boyce"... nice, ive always liked him.

Then it happened... this tall black guy with a mohawk appeared frok nowhere. It couldnt be, I thought... I strained my eyes a bit more...it IS him! Then the announcer shouts... SAMMY AMEOBI!!!

seeing sammy ameobi one-twoing with NBA players and nutmegging Guiseppe Rossi blew... my... mind.

What a day

• Upvote 6

I turned up not having a clue who i was going to see. Probably the last footballer on earth I expected was Shola junior.

He was being arsey too, sulking when someone wouldn't pass and trying to run with the ball way too much.

Sadly my rendition of 'doo doo dooo Sammy ameobi' to the tune of 'come on and do the conga' didn't catch on. I was beaming ear to ear about him being there for some reason. Nobody seemed to share my excitement.

• Upvote 2

It looks like it's being reported on a number of sites. Goal.com was the first english speaking one that I found.

Does sound like Armstrong trying to spread the blame around to make himself slightly less tainted but at the same time if it keeps the pressure on to re-evaluate the decision to destroy the Puerto blood bags and not name everyone involve (fucking madness) then that's a good thing. That decision must have been made to protect money somewhere, be it football or tennis.

Its been going about for a while now, there is a serious chance they have been involved in blood doping for a while, whether anyone gets the chance to prove it or not is another story, i would imagine both Barca and Real hold some power in Spain and will be able to make this go away. 

Its been going about for a while now, there is a serious chance they have been involved in blood doping for a while, whether anyone gets the chance to prove it or not is another story, i would imagine both Barca and Real hold some power in Spain and will be able to make this go away. 

I'm not sure that one of those sides by themselves would make it happen, I imagine it was a combination of various people or groups who applied the pressure to get it done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23109804

Shit, this. The womens top flight is being split into 2, and the ever-present top flight team, Doncaster Belles, are being dropped down into the 2nd tier of the division, to make way for newly formed Manchester City Ladies, who instead of having to work their way up from the bottom, are getting fast tracked into the top flight at the expense of a team who has been there for 22 years, purely because of their financial clout.

Everything about Manchester City is just awful.

• Upvote 2