aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I'm not saying Anderson is bad, far from it. Like you say he's been incredible for us this season. Relies a lot on having Reynolds beside him though, and Reynolds does a lot of the unnoticed work - not necessarily making challenges/headers but covering and positionally.

We generally have a good balance of pace and strength across the back four with Logan-Anderson-Reynolds-Considine: pace-strong-pace-strong. Has worked well, and this is coming from someone who has historically hated Considine at LB.

• Upvote 1

Tight offside call in the City game just now.

nmOPM0x.jpg

The goal stood. Silva plays it square to Nasri for a tap in. Pat Nevin on the radio is talking about Samir Nasri possibly being offside when Silva plays him the ball. No mention of Silva being offside in the first place. BT Sport keep freezing it when Yaya played the ball to Dzeko, where Silva was still half a yard offside. They seem to be ignoring Dzeko's flick on to Silva (as above), where David Silva is then a cars length offside. What is going on?

I'm not really bothered. I want City to win, otherwise Liverpool will win the league, and that would be the worst thing ever. But still, how is every pundit missing this?

Edited by Joda Serk

Haven't seen it live, but surely the booking must've been for dissent? Or persistent foul if the ref was convinced it was a foul?

He talked back to the referee I think, but Baines and Barkley were screaming at both Arteta and the referee, and the referee was right next to Barkley as he puts Arteta on his arse. No idea how Barkley and Baines didn't get a card as well.

Ref was terrible in the Liverpool game as well. West Ham's goal was comedy. Should never have stood. Carroll slaps Mignolet on the head in mid-air, though it was probably caused by Skrtel shoving Carroll into Mignolet. Jamie Redknapp called Carroll's contact on Mignolet an "assault" at half-time. Assault. 

Jamie, do you remember last season, when Andy Caroll delivered what can only be described as a full tilt flying headbutt at David De Gea?

carroll-de-gea.gif

Do you remember what your reaction was, Jamie? Do you remember simply chuckling out loud at the replay and saying "Welcome to England, son"? You probably don't. And that's okay. It was a long time ago. Impartiality, Jamie. It's what you're paid for, right?

It was a foul on Mignolet, though only just. But "assault"? Tit.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 2

He talked back to the referee I think, but Baines and Barkley were screaming at both Arteta and the referee, and the referee was right next to Barkley as he puts Arteta on his arse. No idea how Barkley and Baines didn't get a card as well.

Ref was terrible in the Liverpool game as well. West Ham's goal was comedy. Should never have stood. Carroll slaps Mignolet on the head in mid-air, though it was probably caused by Skrtel shoving Carroll into Mignolet. Jamie Redknapp called Carroll's contact on Mignolet an "assault" at half-time. Assault. 

Jamie, do you remember last season, when Andy Caroll delivered what can only be described as a full tilt flying headbutt at David De Gea?

carroll-de-gea.gif

Do you remember what your reaction was, Jamie? Do you remember simply chuckling out loud at the replay and saying "Welcome to England, son"? You probably don't. And that's okay. It was a long time ago. Impartiality, Jamie. It's what you're paid for, right?

It was a foul on Mignolet, though only just. But "assault"? Tit.

You sound angry.