aberdeen-music

Most overrated bands/artists ever?

Larsen B

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
exactly!

how can they be over-rated!??!

hmm, don't get me wrong, i do like avenged sevenfold, but within the community of their fans they are very overrated, and people overlook the bands which are doing 'their style' so much better.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nikola Tesla
well that may well be your opinion.

but to be over-rated' date=' surely they must be under some lime-light or have some good press just now?

not liking them, doesn't make them over-rated.[/quote']

They've had tonnes of media coverage... all of which painting them as the next best thing.

Which is utter rubbish considering how weak their sound is.

hmm' date=' don't get me wrong, i do like avenged sevenfold, but within the community of their fans they are very overrated, and people overlook the bands which are doing 'their style' so much better.[/quote']

name 'em

As the title suggests. I reckon:

Led Zeppelin

Jimi Hendrix

Rolling Stones

Metallica

Stone Roses

Queens of the Stone Age

The Strokes

White Stripes

Soundgarden

Sex Pistols

and Oasis (this thread was inspired by all the nostalgic rubbish about them at the moment)

I cannot believe that you never said Guns n'roses they are pure rubbish they never done anything good to the music industry did they? Hmm?

Guest Nikola Tesla
name 'em

hmm lets see now... metalic hardcore. Who does it better than Avenged sevenfold?

A list of em:

Martyr A.D.

Poison The Well

From Autum to ashes (old album)

Killswitch Engage

Shadows Fall

Every Time I Die

Most Precious Blood

Walls of Jericho

Nora

Coalesce

Drowning Man

(most of the above are pretty mainstream too)

I really dont get involved in threads like this but

if your going start talking about overrated

you can list faddy bands like Travis and Kean the fucking Thrills and all that vacuous shite thats everywhere right now

but there is bands & artists who changed the world of music forever and even thou they dont appeal to your own personal taste you have to respect the people who paved the way for the artists you do like

I dont think you should try and pin overrated on the likes of

Jimi Hendrix (I dare anyone whose ever tried to play guitar to clame hes over rated)

Black Sabbath (if you listen to stoner rock or metal you owe these brumies a great deal)

Nirvana (I remember a world before them I bought there records @ the time and I was devastated when Cobain killed himself and they totally fucking rock and I find it weird that its still so cool to hate them)

Sorry !

yup, i agree most of those bands are awesome. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were talking about.

But i still think AS can hold there own amongst those (bar a few)

I'm also loving unearth just now. If you like the above you might dig it.

Guest Nikola Tesla
I'm also loving unearth just now. If you like the above you might dig it.

Yea unearth's new album is pretty cool.. but the old one is far better in my eyes. *cant remember its name but hey*

yup' date=' i agree most of those bands are awesome. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were talking about.

But i still think AS can hold there own amongst those (bar a few)

I'm also loving unearth just now. If you like the above you might dig it.[/quote']

I still wouldn't put Avenged Sevenfold in the same category as most of those other bands though. There's loads of good names in there but I don't think you can put them in the same genre.

Guest Nikola Tesla
I still wouldn't put Avenged Sevenfold in the same category as most of those other bands though. There's loads of good names in there but I don't think you can put them in the same genre.

Its all metallic hardcore to me. Thats why i put most of those bands up due to them fitting into the metalic hardcore genre. If that genre even exists....

I cannot believe that you never said Guns n'roses they are pure rubbish they never done anything good to the music industry did they? Hmm?

Hey i can't put every over-rated band in. You're right though they are shit. Fuckin hell you're only like 13!!!!!! I can't imagine a thirteen year old listening to Joy Division.

Its all metallic hardcore to me. Thats why i put most of those bands up due to them fitting into the metalic hardcore genre. If that genre even exists....

I just think that A7x have much more of a classic metal edge to them than many of the bands that they are seen to be 'competing' with - which band was it again that had a go at them for wearing makeup and not using their real names? Fuck the hardcore scene :p

I would disagree on them being overrated on the grounds that [as other people mentioned] they're hardly being hyped to the same extent as bands like say Andrew WK or The Vines were. Opinions mind ;)

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
Yea unearth's new album is pretty cool.. but the old one is far better in my eyes. *cant remember its name but hey*

i believe that'd be stings of conscience...and i muchly agree.

and whoever said ffaf should die...grr.

i think any of that EMO pish that gets passed off these days are OVerated!

quit yer wineing you crybaby's!

ffaf DIE wooses!

n also' date=' overrated : bowie (just crap, and come on, what a fag) the smiths (lighten up man) and blink 182 (its not real punk is it>!?)[/quote']

Yeah well said

the smiths (boring)

Ian Brown (worst singer ever)

stone roses (see ian brown)

Nirvana (dont get me started)

the streets (even one person saying they are good makes "cockney rap" overrated)

Linkin Park (...)

the Jam (boring)

the clash (see other "the" bands)

Darkest Hour (bland metalcore in world where there are 100,000,000s better)