aberdeen-music

The Car Thread, Yay!! (No bus users allowed)

paime

Have you got a capri or a series 3? My old man used to have a series 3 and i've got lots of great memories of it. My brother eventually inherited it as his first car and wrote off a mini and a fiesta with it (in two separate occasions, landy unharmed) before destroying the gearbox with his amateurish gear changes.

How on earth do you post pictures from you hard drive on this forum???

EDIT: I've worked it out....

Your brother sounds like a cool guy. Not.

CWIDT

Guest Tam o' Shantie

just scrapped my 3l v6 converted MR2 roadster for £75. 200bhp of mid engined, RWD, traction control-less convertible fun weighing in under 1000kg.

too many good times in that beast, shame it got fucked & left to rust.

just scrapped my 3l v6 converted MR2 roadster for £75. 200bhp of mid engined, RWD, traction control-less convertible fun weighing in under 1000kg.

too many good times in that beast, shame it got fucked & left to rust.

Gutted for you! Did you take the engine out before you scrapped it? I loved my MR2, the driving position made you feel like a total driving boss and the handling was sublime. Would easily have another one but finding a rust-free example is tricky and potentially expensive.

I think i'll get rid of the beamer next year and maybe get something ridiculous. Im torn between a Noble M12 and a TVR T350 although i think the Noble might win it on reliability.

83194d1213794986-04-noble-m12-gto-3r-m400-upgrades-front.jpg

tvr-t350-01.jpg

• Upvote 1

The slightly less exciting version of paime's car.

audi-a4-s-line.jpg

Still got 237bhp and its a good bit of fun, and reasonably economical, would love an RS4 tho. There was one on the forecourt when we went to buy the A4, should have had a test drive just for fun.

Is that the S4? They seem like a pretty decent all-rounder and you'll never go wrong with Audi engineering.

Oooh, car wreck pics I can do. For some reason I can't link this one properly though!

http://instagram.com/p/K0BJpxN9qe/

Here's a side-on view.

DSC00018.jpg

Was driving like a cunt on back roads, dabbed the brakes to slow down right as I lifed off on the apex of a smallish bump on the road. Wheels locked, flew off the road into a park and rolled a few times. Must have landed on some kind of animal because there was so much blood in the car that it was assumed there was a passenger, since I barely had a scratch on me. I was brought in and questioned on suspicion of murder.

I don't drive like a cunt any more.

xx

• Upvote 1

Have you got a capri or a series 3? My old man used to have a series 3 and i've got lots of great memories of it. My brother eventually inherited it as his first car and wrote off a mini and a fiesta with it (in two separate occasions, landy unharmed) before destroying the gearbox with his amateurish gear changes.

How on earth do you post pictures from you hard drive on this forum???

Series 3 lawnrover with an essex v6, 4 speed gearbox with overdrive and discovery diff's, military spec front and rear axles... beastin though its not seen a road for years as its in hunners of bits.

I ran another landrover a few years ago, it had a 3.3L perkins tractor engine. I did my B+E test in it, the instuctor told me it was the second most shite vehicle he had ever been in! It is really easy to wreck the gearboxes, the early ones have no syncromesh on 1st and 2nd, this one would only go into 1st if you slipped the clutch or were coasting slowly. :up:

c6b89a0e.jpg