aberdeen-music

The Car Thread, Yay!! (No bus users allowed)

paime

Loving the RS4 Paime! If I had the cash, I'd love to have an Avant model B7 RS4 to go with the Supra as it'd be ideal for getting gear to gigs and is more than pokey enough!

Nice idea with the Noble/TVR as well! I've never driven either so can't form full opinions on them! Always fancied a Tuscan though!

It was a lovely, lovely car and i was a fool to sell it :(

Where do you park your Supra? There's a gorgeous black supra that normally sits just off Dee Street and i think im in love with it. Show us some pics of your supra!

Series 3 lawnrover with an essex v6, 4 speed gearbox with overdrive and discovery diff's, military spec front and rear axles... beastin though its not seen a road for years as its in hunners of bits.

I ran another landrover a few years ago, it had a 3.3L perkins tractor engine. I did my B+E test in it, the instuctor told me it was the second most shite vehicle he had ever been in! It is really easy to wreck the gearboxes, the early ones have no syncromesh on 1st and 2nd, this one would only go into 1st if you slipped the clutch or were coasting slowly. :up:

c6b89a0e.jpg

She looks glorious!

I always fancied a Mustang or Firebird, the sound of a rumbling v8 is music to my ears :)

The capri is a classic, anyone remember the professionals?

I owned one of these back in the day...

"Back in the day" , owned the Vauxhall equivalent of the Opel Manta - a Cavalier Coupe' in red, with black roof. Awesome car :)

vauxhall-cavalier-coupe-03.jpg

I also had a 3-litre Mk II Capri.

f36464e7b634ee2b65856e6d51decae4-8.jpg

Capri's were great looking cars, but the lower-end ones (1.6 & 2.0) had too much body roll.

The weapon of choice for the young spunkers when I was in my teens was the Fiat 124 Special T. A fearsome brute of a thing that had quite incredible acceleration for the era.

Better still, it shared the same body shell as the Lada, which provided endless fun at traffic lights.

ad_fiat_124_special_t_maroon_1973.jpg

I must point out that the 124 Special T was an old car when I was in my teens :)

A out Marc's black Supra there's an article in some magazine about it. Ill try and dig it out so you can see all that he's done to it.

Cool - I always fancied a Supra, but the fuel consumption put me off - I mean you can't just toodle about at 40mph in one of those, and you absolutely NEED the twin turbo versh!

Cool - I always fancied a Supra, but the fuel consumption put me off - I mean you can't just toodle about at 40mph in one of those, and you absolutely NEED the twin turbo versh!

If you're going to have a supra, you might as well go all the way! A friend of mine had the (twin?) turbo automatic supra and he was going through rear tires like nobody's business. Still, he tells me it was worth it for the smile factor.

It's a gorgeous car. What's he done to it to get it looking so good?

I've seen it through all it's incarnations. It's definitely looking great now!

Sadly, I know the spec off the top of my head so won't need magazines or anything for reference:

2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo engine mated to W58 5 speed manual box

BC coilovers

Workmeister S1 3 piece wheels (18x9.5 ET24 front, 18x11 ET22 rear)

All arches rolled

Blitz side skirts

Ridox carbon fibre boot lip

Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser

RMM fibreglass front lip (was a Seibon TJ carbon fibre lip but it got damaged)

Facelift front and rear lights with HIDs at the front

Full leather retrim in Chili Red by Transcal in Livingston

I've seen it through all it's incarnations. It's definitely looking great now!

Sadly, I know the spec off the top of my head so won't need magazines or anything for reference:

2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo engine mated to W58 5 speed manual box

BC coilovers

Workmeister S1 3 piece wheels (18x9.5 ET24 front, 18x11 ET22 rear)

All arches rolled

Blitz side skirts

Ridox carbon fibre boot lip

Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser

RMM fibreglass front lip (was a Seibon TJ carbon fibre lip but it got damaged)

Facelift front and rear lights with HIDs at the front

Full leather retrim in Chili Red by Transcal in Livingston

**drool**

Has he had it on the rolling road?