aberdeen-music

The Car Thread, Yay!! (No bus users allowed)

paime

Guest davetherave
"Back in the day" , owned the Vauxhall equivalent of the Opel Manta - a Cavalier Coupe' in red, with black roof. Awesome car :)

vauxhall-cavalier-coupe-03.jpg

I also had a 3-litre Mk II Capri.

f36464e7b634ee2b65856e6d51decae4-8.jpg

Capri's were great looking cars, but the lower-end ones (1.6 & 2.0) had too much body roll.

The weapon of choice for the young spunkers when I was in my teens was the Fiat 124 Special T. A fearsome brute of a thing that had quite incredible acceleration for the era.

Better still, it shared the same body shell as the Lada, which provided endless fun at traffic lights.

I must point out that the 124 Special T was an old car when I was in my teens :)

My uncle had a 3ltr capri in turd brown, great car, despite the colour :) I vaguely remember those Fiats, but knowing Fiat back then, most had rusted away!

The first serious car I owned was a Mini 1275GT, and 24 years later, I have gone full circle, current car is a Mini Cooper, not as hot as previous motors, but great fun and less chance of me being done for having a heavy right foot! (previous Cars included Civic type R, Mazda MPS, Fiat Abarth 500).

I'm guessing you got your license a bit before me (1985) :)

note for all you car users, I'm a sales advisor at Euro Car Parts. Anyone needing parts gets an Aberdeen-Music discount!

Contact me on here or give me a phone on my direct dial number 524967

Do you do stuff for 1978 MG Midgets? It's the 1500 triumph engine and i usually buy from Moss but i wouldn't mind something a bit closer to home.

My uncle had a 3ltr capri in turd brown, great car, despite the colour :) I vaguely remember those Fiats, but knowing Fiat back then, most had rusted away!

The first serious car I owned was a Mini 1275GT, and 24 years later, I have gone full circle, current car is a Mini Cooper, not as hot as previous motors, but great fun and less chance of me being done for having a heavy right foot! (previous Cars included Civic type R, Mazda MPS, Fiat Abarth 500).

I'm guessing you got your license a bit before me (1985) :)

1983 for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

1st Car: was a fiat panda 4x4 F reg

2nd: X reg Nissan Primera

3rd: 1983 Nissan March, LHD, driven abroad for six months, no power steering, abs, airbags, suspension, an awesome car

4th: Nissan Primera S - loved it

5th: Toyota MR2 Roadster, 2003 - bad MPG, couldnt camp in it

Current: Nissan Almera 2004, ith mod switch to turn on/off power steering, From Aberdeen to Weeze, Germany on £100 Petrol

Anyone got any recommendations for a fast hatch back or estate? The bird wants us to get a dog soon which means my Z4 isn't going to be the most practical. I like the idea of an S3 or maybe another RS4 but get the avant rather than a saloon.

The Golf GTI or if you are feeling brave the R32. Golf's are well roomy and pack a serious punch!

The Golf GTI or if you are feeling brave the R32. Golf's are well roomy and pack a serious punch!

Yeah i've thought about the R32 although now im getting older i don't think i can pull off a young uns' car. A super saloon or estate seems more up my street.

Volvo V50 T5. You could fit 8 dogs in there.

Have you owned one of these before? What did you make of it?

• 4 weeks later...