aberdeen-music

Post yr current rig / set up

In response to this post: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/threads/gear-that-you-want.48193/page-37#post-772891 ...I thought I should make the thread. I will get the ball rolling.

In Das McManus, my set up is super simple:

BOSS TU2 -> Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi -> Sound City 50 Plus Head into Orange 2x12 cab.

The Big Muff will hopefully be replaced by the Madebymike Dreambox that I have on order.

I am using my Stratocaster, which has a Japanese '57 reissue neck (I think it's a 1997) and a Japanese Squier body. I fitted Lace Sensor pickups to it, as they are fucking amazing. Blue in the neck, silver in the middle and red in the bridge. Just like Francis Ross has in his telecaster...

IMG_0107.jpg

For Seas, Starry, the pedal board is the thing that changes. It goes:

TU2 > Whammy > Jim Dunlop Wah > Digitech Digiverb > Biyang Delay > Berhinger Slow Motion > Danelectro Reel Echo > Boss Phaser copy > TC Electronic Vintage Distortion > BOSS DS-1 > EH Big Muff > Zvex Fuzz Factory

385043_10152135700480542_365909296_n.jpg

The only thing I really need for this is a tremolo, but I have my heart set on a Zvex Seek Trem. The fuckers are £200 though!

• Upvote 1

I'll post pictures when I get my Strat back tomorrow.

My current setup is pretty budget driven since I had a shit load of debt to clear from when I was a carefree student. I'm pretty happy with the sounds and tones I get out of it though.

Currently my setup as is follows

Guitars: Squier Telecaster and a Partocaster strat.

Pedals: Behringer Tuner> Guitar Tech analog Delay> Ibanez Super Stereo Chorus> Behringer VD1 Vintage Distortion> Danelectro Analog Delay> Rocktek Phaser> Behringer Echo machine.

Amp : A KMD GV100D combo.

Unfortunately I don't have a cat to operate my delay pedal like you do Jan.

awesomes!

I'm rocking a Yamaha SG700 through a diy rig;

John Holis Omni Drive circuit housed in a Big Muff PI case > GusMan 18Thoosand head > Peavey 2x15 Bass cab

P1070327.jpg

P1070323.jpg

The head is a modded Marshall circuit, pre amp is mostly marshall desigin but running 100Volts hotter, tone stack was coppied from an Orange Bass amp, power section has added Master Volume and uses a 50watt "ebay special" output transformer. It actually sounds great!

• Upvote 2

For Seas, Starry:

405699_10150542903329469_899832794_n.jpg

228278_10150178797864469_3447014_n.jpg

Japanese Squier Strat with Lace Sensor Blue/Silver/Red > Boss TU2 > Boss FV50 volume pedal > Behringer Slow Motion > Boss DD6 Digital Delay > Biyang DL-8 Analogue Delay > EHX Memory Toy Analogue Delay > Akai Headrush II Tape Echo/Delay/Looper > EHX Pulsar Tremolo > Boss Copy Flanger > EHX Small Stone > Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion > Proco RAT > EHX Bass Big Muff > Fuzzhugger Absynthe > Malekko Chicklet > Vox 15W Night Train and vintage 2x12.

For Das McManus:

378910_10150407394774469_613968556_n.jpg

Musicman Sterling Ray 34 usually through and Ashdown MAG300 and an unbranded 1x15.

• Upvote 2

There's more variety in my basses than in anything else. Always subject to change but at the moment:

Gibson Victory Artist/Gibson RD Artist/Gibson IV/Gibson SG-Z/G&L Tribute L-2000/G&L El Toro/Yamaha BB300/Yamaha BB450 -> Boss TU-2 -> RedSub BT5110 -> its own 1x10 cab for 250W OR Zoot ZB410 for 500W.

awesomes!

I'm rocking a Yamaha SG700 through a diy rig;

John Holis Omni Drive circuit housed in a Big Muff PI case > GusMan 18Thoosand head > Peavey 2x15 Bass cab

P1070327.jpg

P1070323.jpg

The head is a modded Marshall circuit, pre amp is mostly marshall desigin but running 100Volts hotter, tone stack was coppied from an Orange Bass amp, power section has added Master Volume and uses a 50watt "ebay special" output transformer. It actually sounds great!

Need to hear that muffalike with that amp!! Also that Sg is a reeet sexy bastud a' tell theee!

I play:

Fender modern player Jazz > EHX micro POG > ZVEX Mastotron > Dunlop Q wah > Boss ODB-3 > Boss Super phaser > Moog Ring Mod > Blackout Effectors Twosome > Boss DD-7 > line 6 Verbzilla > Korg Pitchblack > Trace Elliot AH600-7 > Barefaced Super 12, 2x12.

The Trace looks to be on the way out. the damn thing is in for repair AGAIN and considering the weight of it, it might get traded for an Orange Terror 1000

2012-10-22080809_zps13aa04e6.jpg

Fender American Special Tele -> TU2 -> Modded Tubescreamer -> Small Stone -> Orange Dual Terror

That's my setup for the new band I've joined but for the Causey Mounth stuff I just use the Dual Terror with a very slight overdrive.

The Park amp is my first amp. 17 years old. Been using it with a mic for vocals so I can practice using a mic and not have to sing as loud to hear myself.

Also got an Akai Miniak that I'm trying to incorporate into both. Just used it for some recording so far.

483089_10151055467551039_1629999296_n_zpsb7ec0a5b.jpg

My setup is usually as follows:

ESP Custom Shop KH-2 Neck Thru w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths > Peterson Strobostomp Tuner > Dunlop DCR-2SR Rack Wah > Digitech WH-4 Whammy > MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ > Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble > MXR Smart Gate > Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal > Line 6 DL4 > ENGL E670 SE EL34 w/ JJ KT77s (poweramp) and Rubys (preamp) > ENGL Std 4x12 w/ V60 speakers.

I've also got an ESP Hanneman S&Key Urban Camo (nice and rare) with EMG 81s that I sometimes swap the KH-2 out for. Also a Dean USA DFH 'Dean From Hell' with a Bill Lawrence L-500XL and Di Marzio Super Distortion. That is in E just now though and I have been gigging/practicing with the others (tuned to BEADF#B) so it hasn't seen much use of late.

SUNN O))) Model T - 1975, 2nd Gen

Orange 4X12

1993 Fender Jizzmaster

2009 Gibson SG Standard

Pedals - Korg Tuner - Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay - Alter Ego Dalmatio...shit! Damnation - Malekko Fuzz of some description - Dunlop Wah

Get in!

I'm here to help, cos I love that pic.

8104772467_a6dab84e59.jpg

8104785094_88cecc4e45.jpg

For future reference, go to Share above the image on the flickr page and then "get HTML/BBCode and use the bbcode to put on here.

But yeah, that Gibson SG, SUNN, Orange setup is like a perfect squirting geargasm to me. However, I will never be able to afford that shit. So I'll stick to an Epiphone and a cheap Marshall head for now.

8104785094_88cecc4e45.jpg

For future reference, go to Share above the image on the flickr page and then "get HTML/BBCode and use the bbcode to put on here.

But yeah, that Gibson SG, SUNN, Orange setup is like a perfect squirting geargasm to me. However, I will never be able to afford that shit. So I'll stick to an Epiphone and a cheap Marshall head for now.

Ah cheers man, thats ace ;)

Not gona lie, it does sound great like. Theres fek all wong wrong with Epiphone or the Marshalls in my eyes, good enough for Electric Wizard, nuff said.

BOOM! That is mega! I like how the model T doesn't even have a top carrying handle, its so heavy your not even getting the option to carry it with one hand!

• Upvote 1

BOOM! That is mega! I like how the model T doesn't even have a top carrying handle, its so heavy your not even getting the option to carry it with one hand!

Its wierd, its got handles down the sides, like love handles. One thing that i really like about it is that you have the option to roll up the cable on the back....its like they did its own 70's maual handling assessment...........fuck did i just say that.