aberdeen-music

Post yr current rig / set up

Guitars:

Fender USA Standard Strat w/ mirror pickguard and unknown pickups

ESP MV/240R Custom Shop with Tremol-No, laEXH rge Brass Block, noiseless springs and BKP Warpig/Dimarzio Air Norton S pickups

Washburn WM526 Voodoo Custom Shop with BKP Nailbomb/Dimarzio Liquifire pickups and a spare Dimarzio Crunchlab for the Bridge.

Amp & Cab:

VHT Sig: X

Mesa Boogie OS Recto 2x12

Effects:

Maxon OD808 Overdrive

Wampler Triple Wreck Distortion

Dunlop EVH Wah

Ernie Ball Volume

Peterson Strobostomp Tuner

EHX Freeze Hold Pedal

MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper III Tremolo

Providence Effects ADC-3 Anadime Chorus

Strymon Orbit Flanger

Strymon Bluesky Reverberator

Strymon Timeline

think there *might* be more pedals - will have a look when I get home.

image.png

poor quality photo lifted from eBay, but I just bought this snare drum. It's a 30-ply (count 'em) Hollow Body 13 x 5 custom snare. Not sure who makes/made it. Black lugs (obviously) and the snare strainer is made from some cute red ribbon stuff - awwww!

The hollow body gives the snare a pretty cool 'reverb' sound which I'm excited to wrap my head around when it arrives. All finished in an outer shell of Zebra Wood finish. Lovely!

image.png

So this snare arrived. Not 100% sure how i feel about it.

I used to use a Yamaha 12 x 4 snare back in the day, and loved it. Snappy, quick, less lugs to tune (lazy)

Then I switched to a Gretsch 14 x 6.5 snare that I've been using for years, and I think being so goddamn accustomed to this snare, switching to a 13 x 4.5 feels so weird.

I might just need to beat it up a lil to get a feel for it, but I'm so used to low end on my snare, that suddenly not having any feels bizarre. Still...1 of a kind drum, innit.

Out of shot wall:

Studio Spirit 16:8:2

Fender Twin Reverb ii head

Lots of cables (how come there are never the ones you really need though?)

Bottom left:

Fender Rhodes Mkii

Nord Electro 3

Front desk:

Straight forward Denon hifi amp  

Yamaha MG102 mixer with stereo out going down to the focusrite saffire

Boss looper

Korg Kaossilator

monotrons

Wall desk:

Basic Hifi speakers (need to get some proper monitors)

Korg microkey midi keyboard

Moog Concertmate MG-1 (top corner)

Access Virus TI Polar (bottom corner)

Blue Desk:

Doefer Dark Energy (square box)

Elektron Octatrack (the sequencer looking bad boy)

Arturia Minibrute (bottom)

NI Maschine (drawer)

Out of shot to the right:

Roland Juno 6

Circuit bent Yamaha VSS-20 

My Mac isn't in this picture but it is currently between the speakers running Cubase 6.5.

Now I've just got to write some tunes.  There is now no excuse!!

Edited by RockAustin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I got a Bass VI a few weeks ago. Then I leathered it in stickers. It's a sludge machine. Even major chords sound miserable as fuck. Great fun to play.

Rest of the rig is the same I think. Not bought any other new gear in ages.

Guitars: ESP Ltd EC256P (Les Paul-ish with P90s. It's neat) and a DIY Tele build, built by Mr Strat Osonic.

Pedals: TU2, Noise Gate, Whammy IV, DIY Harmonic Percolator, Nine of Swords Burial At Sea, Nine of Swords Hand of God, Raygun FX Beef Box, Pignose Detonator, NUX Time Core, Aria Phaser, Boss HR-2 Harmonist, some cheapo EQ pedal with scooped mids for instant 80s thrash.

Amp: Egnater Renegade, getting dusty.

• Upvote 3

My current Seas, Starry pedal board looks like this:

IMG_5114_zpsrjuit9ch.jpg

TU2 > Sonuus Wahoo > Demeter Uberdriveulator > North Effects Violet Ram's Head Big Muff > Zvex Fuzzalo > Digitech Whammy 4 > off brand phaser > BOSS DD-6 > Diamond Quantum Leap > Caroline Guitar Company Meteore reverb

Then I am running into this:

IMG_5115_zpscmwcrijc.jpg

Bluguitar Amp 1 into an Orange 2x12 cabinet.

Current guitar of choice is this:

IMG_43101_zps30nmil5i.jpg

MJT Jazzmaster.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

How's the BluGuitar amp standing up against valve amps and drumsets in a live setting?

Also, can you use it without a cab, for recording or headphone use? Or will it melt, like a valve amp would?

I've tried recording with it and I wasn't impressed. You can use headphones or just the line out without it exploding into a thousand pieces. Volume wise, it is not the loudest amp that I've even run through, but it is plenty loud for what I need. The tone is nice, very articulate, but I am essentially just using the clean channel; i've never more than messed around with the other 3 gain channels. I was curious to see what the "uber" channel sounded like at band level, and I can vouch for it not sounding like a horrid digital metal sound akin to the POD insane setting or similar. This was high gain through a Jazzmaster however. The on board reverb is non shit too!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 8:56 PM, Teabags said:

New rig...

PGPuuHvl.jpg

Still keeping it as simple as possible. 

Epiphone SG with a Bare Knuckle War Pig
Orange OR50
Marshall 4x12
Boss TU-2

and thats about it.
Thinking of getting a RC-3 for live samples but other than that I wont be changing it much if at all.

Think I'm gonna add in the HM-2. Not for tis distortion, but for the color mix. Gives it that extra grit I'm after.  So using the amp's gain, then dialling back the color mix a bit on the HM-2 with the distortion turned off. Sounds angry.