aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

X-Leisure used to be one of my clients and i had the task of finding a tenant for Amadeus. It was amazing how many people would call to arrange a viewing just so they could take one last look at the place where they spent their teenage years finger-banging/getting finger-banged. Glad to see they've finally managed to get rid of it and having the bingo hall become occupied at the same time is a huge boost for them.

Also, parking had nothing to do with KFC not going in to the park.

Guest Giles Walker

Random Fact - When they were building Beach Boulevard Retail Park the owner initially did not want a supermarket to occupy the unit. This hints that the original design for the park could of been to similar to the other 2 blocks of the park. Woolworths must of contacted them when they were building the park to request the unit to be the size it is so I guess the owner was pretty upset when BigW failed and closed in 2005 and ASDA opened in it's place. The mark of BigW can still be seen with the giant empty circle on the wall outside that was originally a giant W on the circle.

Shame that BigW closed so early as I never got a proper look due to at the time not going to the beach that much. What did it sell?

Pretty boring fact but a fact none the less.

Where did you hear this? I actually knew the family that built and owned that retail park and judging by the way you have written this, i have reason to believe you made all of this up.

NOOOOO. It's all part of the charm! I'm still pretty convinced this is an extremely well thought out alt. If it is I can't wait 'til it comes out and I can buy the hero a drink or ten.

I am in accordance with this.

Because, frankly, I do not believe anyone can be as blatantly intellectually deficient and irrelevant.

Has to be an alt. No other explanation.

Guest Cool Thinker

Actually, fuck it. I am not an alternative account how much proof to you need. You could see me in person.

First of all, the supermarket thing is true so they much be bullshitting to you and to themselves.

Second, KFC were not given planning permission because it would remove 100 parking spaces.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Chiquito are now trialling breakfast at their Union Square restaurant, not the beach one.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

They're trialling the concept of breakfast? That's ambitious.

It kinda is when their brother next door (Frankie & Benny's) has already established their self as the place to go for breakfast. Giraffe do breakfast but will never compete.

Guest Cool Thinker

Frankie & Benny's is the place to go for breakfast? That's not a very cool thought.

I did not say that, how would I know I have never been there for breakfast. I was merely saying that F&B's are the most popular place there for breakfast and is well established. Frankie & Benny's & Chiquito are the same company.

Guest Cool Thinker

Walls have launched miniature chocolate versions of Cornetto, Magnum & Minnie Milks.

The Rolling Stones will be performing at Glastonbury this year.