aberdeen-music

FIFA '13

Moose

Australia can go to hell. I watch Australian Border Force on Sunday mornings. They are completely mental. Folk getting fined a couple of hundred dollars for bringing in an apple which they were given on the plane!

Someone should start a war with them, for being lunatics.

I saw that episode the other day. It was brilliant.

I watch this same programme. Australia's border patrol are so strict it's unreal. So many forms. I binned a packet of sweets I half-ate on the flight there in case. Scary.

The problem with the apple's were that the passengers hadn't declared them. If they'd declared them like sensible people, they would have been fine.

Its brilliant when you see some old chinese woman tick the no box for food stuffs and then they pull out a years supply of strange chinese food and bugs and beatles out her bag. They love their drugs searches as well!

It really is, when pull out fish cut in half, covered in maggots, and a snake carcass, all in chess-set box or something. Awesome.

It's good when they suspect drugs on an incoming package, and they get it wrong.

"Right guys, this book looks a little strange. Why would someone be buying a book? I know, right? Books. Ha. Me and the guys suspect that it's laced with heroin, so we're going to chop it in half, rip off the cover and see what's inside..... Ok, so there was no drugs in it, but that's what we're here for. Keeping Australia safe. G'day".

• Upvote 2

It really is, when pull out fish cut in half, covered in maggots, and a snake carcass, all in chess-set box or something. Awesome.

It's good when they suspect drugs on an incoming package, and they get it wrong.

"Right guys, this book looks a little strange. Why would someone be buying a book? I know, right? Books. Ha. Me and the guys suspect that it's laced with heroin, so we're going to chop it in half, rip off the cover and see what's inside..... Ok, so there was no drugs in it, but that's what we're here for. Keeping Australia safe. G'day".

I remember one when there was a little old Chinese couple and the guy was getting an earful from the wife when they got caught, then refused to pay the fine!

Also i remember one when they opened a package of what was car engine parts i think, they were sure they were filled with coke so she got out a drill and said "we'll just drill a little hole, so if there's nothing in there it wont matter...." eh im pretty sure if it was suppose to have holes drilled into it, they would already be there. Turns out they were filled with coke, so fair play to her.

Me and the flat mate love that programme!

To be fair the wages in Australia are also very high so no wonder the cost of living/amenities is also very high. The amount of healthcare workers going there because the pay is so good is substantial. In some jobs it can easily be 50-100% more than comparable wages in the UK.

Fun fact, I was getting $17.43 per hour to stack shelves. That's about £12. MINTED.

So if Aussies are getting paid loads more money, why is it a big deal if stuff is more expensive? It all balances out, surely?

Played the demo, finally. Felt a bit 'meh' about it. I can't justify spending £40 on it really, when it just feels like an update rather than a new game. Might give NHL13 a whirl this year instead. Not played a Hockey game in ages.

So if Aussies are getting paid loads more money, why is it a big deal if stuff is more expensive? It all balances out, surely?

Played the demo, finally. Felt a bit 'meh' about it. I can't justify spending £40 on it really, when it just feels like an update rather than a new game. Might give NHL13 a whirl this year instead. Not played a Hockey game in ages.

It does, but it's a pain in the arse. They should all do what I do, work for a year and move back to the UK. MINTED.

Also the last hockey game I played was NHL95 on the ol' game boy. Beast of a game, even though I didn't understand any of it.

Fun fact, I was getting $17.43 per hour to stack shelves. That's about £12. MINTED.

I can't work out why a game being $90 is a big issue when you are getting paid $17.43 an hour :s

Works out that roughly 5 hours is all you need to put in to buy a game in Australia on a shelf stackers salary. What does Tesco over here pay? £7.00 odd? Going on that and the fact games tend to retail for around £40 you'd actually need to work a bit longer to earn the money for it over here. Not much longer mind you but still more boxes of Cheerios and tampons on the shelves!

Surely the cost of living is such in Australia that, as SJ says, it balances out? I don't understand how you can come home minted if you have rent/bills/living expenses to pay over there too? Is a beer not like £7 or something?

Yeah, you would. I was living with my parents though (young'un).

I can't work out why a game being $90 is a big issue when you are getting paid $17.43 an hour :s

Works out that roughly 5 hours is all you need to put in to buy a game in Australia on a shelf stackers salary. What does Tesco over here pay? £7.00 odd? Going on that and the fact games tend to retail for around £40 you'd actually need to work a bit longer to earn the money for it over here. Not much longer mind you but still more boxes of Cheerios and tampons on the shelves!

I guess so! Never really thought of it that way. Feel a prize tit now.

But yeah, you have to pay more over there in taxes and rent and things, of course.

I thought shelf stacker was minimum wage? when I did it at 18, I was on £5.30 an hour, though that was a good 8 years ago.

Australian economy and minimum wage aside, I just can't decide whether or not to buy this. Perhaps I'll get it from Lovefilm and just rent it forever.

I thought shelf stacker was minimum wage? when I did it at 18, I was on £5.30 an hour, though that was a good 8 years ago.

Australian economy and minimum wage aside, I just can't decide whether or not to buy this. Perhaps I'll get it from Lovefilm and just rent it forever.

I might just give it a miss and buy the new WWF game and deal out dominators to scum bags online.

I don't like playing online because everyone is better than me at every game. I was playing Red Dead online at the weekend. I shot these guys like 8 times in the face with a rifle. Why are not die? I get shot once and it's curtains. I was raging. and if I'm not getting buttslammed, these guys are quitting. Dicks. The only option you have of playing online is either to lose, or to not play. If you win, or begin winning, your game won't reach the end.

• Upvote 1

I don't like playing online because everyone is better than me at every game. I was playing Red Dead online at the weekend. I shot these guys like 8 times in the face with a rifle. Why are not die? I get shot once and it's curtains. I was raging. and if I'm not getting buttslammed, these guys are quitting. Dicks. The only option you have of playing online is either to lose, or to not play. If you win, or begin winning, your game won't reach the end.

MODERN WARFAAAARE

Online gaming is shit. I was playing Max Payne 3 online and I just kept dying as soon as I respawned. I think I got 3 kills and came last. The next person up from me got about 20! FIFA is ok, because I deal out regular woopings, but then people send me horrible messages or quit the game. I'm not that thick skinned. I get sad when people send me nasty messages. Just because Gerard Pique is no match for Jason Roberts.

• Upvote 1